Would this setup work?

This user has no status.
I have been playing for 6 years now (3 years straight and then on and off for the rest). In these 6 years I used the same blade and switched rubbers twice (FH: Hurricane 3 -> Andro Rasanter R42 and BH: No idea -> Joola Maxx 500). Now I want to try something new and I wanted to go back to hurricane as I don’t really like the r42 (I used hurricane for 2 years and switched to R42 on advice of my new club). The setup im thinking about right now is:

Blade: DHS Hurricane 301
FH: Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge Provincial
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G1

Would this be a good setup? I prefer to play with my FH and I like to play offensively.

Reactions: SamTheMan
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It's not bad, you could try an innerforce alc, they have better feeling, or a viscaria. I don't have an opinion on the 301, I've just heard it's good, and headheavy. Dhs blades are very headheavy, keep that in mind.

The hurricane is just fine, just make sure you buy the neo variant because the old has no feeling. There's no big difference between normal and provincial, it's just that the blue sponge is hard and much less elastic. It's meant for boosting, I don't know how you will like it unboosted. The orange provincial is a higher quality h3 neo, so if you like the normal neo, buy the orange provincial, they are very tough, they last a very long time.

I would avoid the fastarc because for a linear rubber it's pretty fast and more responsive than what most people use on backhand. You could opt for a rakza 7/7 soft or xiom vega europe. They are less responsive and speed is good, spin is very high and control is overall easy. The g1 is a high level rubber, but if you can handle it, it'll be better that those 2.

Reactions: Winggie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
It's not bad, you could try an innerforce alc, they have better feeling, or a viscaria. I don't have an opinion on the 301, I've just heard it's good, and headheavy. Dhs blades are very headheavy, keep that in mind.

The hurricane is just fine, just make sure you buy the neo variant because the old has no feeling. There's no big difference between normal and provincial, it's just that the blue sponge is hard and much less elastic. It's meant for boosting, I don't know how you will like it unboosted. The orange provincial is a higher quality h3 neo, so if you like the normal neo, buy the orange provincial, they are very tough, they last a very long time.

I would avoid the fastarc because for a linear rubber it's pretty fast and more responsive than what most people use on backhand. You could opt for a rakza 7/7 soft or xiom vega europe. They are less responsive and speed is good, spin is very high and control is overall easy. The g1 is a high level rubber, but if you can handle it, it'll be better that those 2.
1. There is a big difference between commercial and provincial. But I do recommend the orange provincial.

2. I'd recommend getting the orange neo provincial. 39 degrees should be fine.

3. Rakza 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have been playing for 6 years now (3 years straight and then on and off for the rest). In these 6 years I used the same blade and switched rubbers twice (FH: Hurricane 3 -> Andro Rasanter R42 and BH: No idea -> Joola Maxx 500). Now I want to try something new and I wanted to go back to hurricane as I don’t really like the r42 (I used hurricane for 2 years and switched to R42 on advice of my new club). The setup im thinking about right now is:

Would this be a good setup? I prefer to play with my FH and I like to play offensively.
It will be great. 👍
As others mentioned, buy only the blue sponge if you gonna boost it. Otherwise buy the provincial orange sponge 39. (You can of course boost that too)

This user has no status.

Alright, im gonna look into those other BH rubbers. Thanks!

Reactions: Lowday20298
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
From what I hear, K3 has a sucky lifespan.

Cheers
L-zr
It's better to get a rubber with short life span rather than one that is just bad. Why buy the rakza z when the k3 is a million times better, even though it's more fragile.

Another choice would be dignics 09c, but it's expensive, so glayzer 09c.

Other from China is the yinhe jupiter 3 and dhs tg2 and tg3 neo. I lean towards the yinhe.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I got the blue sponge for around 35€ in china from contacts that play at a club, so it wasn’t really expensive.
It's not about price, the blue sponge hurricane 3 is extremely hard, the sponge is designed to be dampening, completely non elastic and to only activate with booster, that's why the blue sponge versions exist, that's what they're designed for.

It's better to get a glayzer 09c if you don't want the dignics 90c, because it's too expensive. And the k3 is in the middle, a bit less durable, but very high performing.

Hybrids have a lot of power, and the butterfly hybrids (09c) also have a light surface tension, that's a massive asset alongside the strong sponge and the slightly tacky top sheet. But it performs well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

H301 isn't too headheavy, i'd still go for innerforce layer alc/zlc. I prefer zlc but they are expensive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Hello there

Double down with what John mentioned. I have racket with this setup and I dont like how fastark play on BH. Because DHS 301 is innerforce, to activate carbon you need let say “medium” amount of power. Fastark G-1 also works in similar fashion at least on this blade. At lower power balls is quite slow, but then it shots outs after adding power.

Combined, feels strange for me. Hard to find golden middle. Though, it might be due in to little practice with it. Will test it further. But still not very impressed with Fastark. I thought it will be much spinier, left me a bit disappointed.

Overall, I am impressed with DHS 301, but maybe you should look for a bit faster variants, like 301x or 301z. I find this blade a bit difficult to use, not linear. Off- at slow strokes and medium off at harder. Try to find some guy with this blade around you to test it. I bought it after testing and found suitable for me. Now need to play with it more to understand the blade.

Good luck

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Those 2 are a little bit expensive for me, that's why I chose more for the 'budget' option 301. But thanks for the information
My advice is sword diamond red fire, i find it a lot like my innerforce layer alc. It is also not headheavy. Handle is a bit bigger then usual if you like that. H301 is also very good, more power and slightly headheavy.

This user has no status.
Hello there

Double down with what John mentioned. I have racket with this setup and I dont like how fastark play on BH. Because DHS 301 is innerforce, to activate carbon you need let say “medium” amount of power. Fastark G-1 also works in similar fashion at least on this blade. At lower power balls is quite slow, but then it shots outs after adding power.

Combined, feels strange for me. Hard to find golden middle. Though, it might be due in to little practice with it. Will test it further. But still not very impressed with Fastark. I thought it will be much spinier, left me a bit disappointed.

Overall, I am impressed with DHS 301, but maybe you should look for a bit faster variants, like 301x or 301z. I find this blade a bit difficult to use, not linear. Off- at slow strokes and medium off at harder. Try to find some guy with this blade around you to test it. I bought it after testing and found suitable for me. Now need to play with it more to understand the blade.

Good luck
Thanks a lot for all the information! Ill look for another bh rubber.