Xiom An JaeHyun TMXi Pro vs Xiom Cho DaeSeong TMX Pro Review

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
Hi guys, back again with another review. This time, I’m reviewing the inner and outer carbon versions of the pro TMX blades offered by Xiom. The pro versions have a slightly larger head size (160 x 152 cm vs 157 x 150 cm or 158 x 152 cm) and a different handle design. TMX or Trimetrix is a mixture of Axylium, Zephylium, and X-Carbon and is supposed to be a hybrid composite material with aspects of both ALC and ZLC. The first blade created with this material with the Joola Trinity Vyzaryz – a limba top layer outer carbon blade. Surprisingly, Xiom used this material for another company before first putting it in their own product. Maybe they didn’t have a star player at the time to take advantage of the marketing. The TMXi Pro is used by An JaeHyun while the TMX Pro is used by Cho DaeSeong.

I’ve been using the Xiom TMXi Pro for a while and recently received the TMX Pro so wanted to give some comparisons between the two.

My blade stats:
Xiom TMXi Pro – 90g, head size: 160 cm x 152 cm
Limba top layer, Ayous Core, Inner carbon blade
FH: DHS H3 BS with 3 layers of Haifu Seamon National Yellow
BH: Xiom Omega VII Pro 2.1mm

Xiom TMX Pro – 87g, head size 160 cm x 152 cm
Koto top layer, Kiri Core, outer carbon blade
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C 2.1mm
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1mm

Both blades play pretty similarly and as expected, the TMXi Pro has more dwell, is slower, and is more controlled than the TMX Pro. This isn’t to say that the TMXi Pro is slow (about as fast as Viscaria) or that the TMX Pro is uncontrollable. Both of these blades have an arc that is between ALC and ZLC blades. They’re not as high throw as a regular ALC blade but also not as flat as your typical ZLC blade – somewhere in between. I actually like this about the blades since ALC can often overshoot for me while ZLC blades seem like they go into the net more. A nice thing about the composite material is that you can choose rubbers that might not work as well with solely ALC/ZLC. An example for me is using D05 on the TMX Pro. This rubber has a high throw angle that when I use it on Viscaria/FZD ALC, it can often overshoot. Because the ZLC of the composite material limits the arc a bit, D05 works much better on this blade than it does for Viscaria/FZD ALC for me.

People have said that the TMXi Pro is similar to W968. I disagree. TMXi Pro is more crisp than W968 and is slightly worse on FH but better on BH. Compared to the regular version, the pro version has more dwell and is more controlled due to its larger head size. It’s a popular enough blade that this blade has been sold out for quite a while.

As for the TMX Pro – this is definitely the better version compared to the regular TMX outer version. The larger head size gives more control and more dwell. The regular TMX outer was too fast for me and felt similar to my LYJ SZLC. This blade feels like a crisper Viscaria with a slightly lower throw angle.

Overall, both of these blades are bangers. The TMXi Pro has more gears but the TMX Pro is easier to use.

Here are some photos:

Jun 2023
I actually really like using both and switch between the two for fun. I think it more depends on your style, whether you like FH or BH more. Would recommend the inner carbon for FH oriented players and the outer carbon for BH oriented players. It's not hard going from Viscaria to either of these blades. The adjustments I had to make were minor; it's just that the feeling is slightly different.

I think both D05 and O7P work on these blades. Cho DaeSeong and An JaeHyun both use H3 BS on FH and O7P on BH.
Definitely D05 works better on TMX Pro than Viscaria because Viscaria has a high arc at baseline.
D09C works better on Viscaria for BH compared to TMX Pro.
D09C also works on BH for TMXi Pro.

Haven't tried O7P on Viscaria; I imagine it would be fine though.

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
1. How is tmxi pro compare to w968 for you?
2. How is tmx pro compare to viceara for you?
I also got myself a tmxi pro and would like to share my review here:
FH: h3 blue sponge 40 2.1mm
BH: h3 orange sponge 2.1mm 39

FH: It's a bit too bouncy and it doesn't have enough dwell time for me at high impact to fully apply spin when using h3(this is comparing it to my personal blade hl5x). Despite it being bouncy it does have some bite to it making the throw angle rather high. I've used timoboll alc(same rubber) before and that blade doesn't bite the ball and the throw angle is low, this blade have high throw angle for some reason.

FH tl;dr: There's bite initially due to the limba/limba outer layer but once I really try to engage it, the carbon kicks it and cause me to lose feel and unable to apply enough spin to make it uncomfortable for my opponent.

BH: This blade really shines on BH and i like it a lot. It's very easy to play and it doesn't seem like i can miss. I have no complaints in this department, def easier to play compare to my personal blade (hl5x)

So at the end of the day i feel like this blade after i got adjusted to it. its "easier" to play compare to my hl5x but it doesn't produce any "winner" shot.

May 2018
1. TMXi Pro is more stable on BH and not as good on FH compared to W968
2. TMX Pro produces a lower arc and is slightly faster. The feeler is a bit crispier
so if tmx pro is faster than viscera than that means vis have more spin and dwell?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
@CallMeZaddy
Would O7P or Tenergy 64 suit TMXi Pro better?
I've already tried O7P but not on the blade so I'm still thinking about it.
I could go for a different rubber, I'd just need to go down in sponge thickness.

Edit: Is the TMXi Pro, catapult?
Edit 2: Also Orange Sponge or Blue Sponge for this blade?

Last edited: