Yinhe Mercury 2 vs 9000E

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
That doesn't sound all too bad either. Sounds like training wheels for a rubber that's a bit dead or a bit hard to play out the package. Small boost to ease you into it.
Indeed. Of course there remains the question if there will always be a "permanent change"
to the sponges once we expose them to oils etc. Maybe one day I shall attempt to test this but it might be quite a job. :giggle:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
when you get the Rxton5 see if the sponge feels like cardboard to you :giggle: it does to me.
I apply one thinn coat of seamoon and let it dry for 24 hours then glue it on the blade as u
sual. Now for me it is just right. I never take the rubber off for re-boosting, it seems to stay boosted.
all the best. For so little money you can't go wrong

Well I got a sheet of Rxton 5 now. I noticed in an old post you stating that the newer lot of Rxton 5 is a lot less tacky. I suspect that I might have gotten some of this lot since this sheet feels way less tacky than the Mercury 2 sheets I've handled (I've glued about 4 sheets).

Another bizarre thing that I noticed is that there is some bizarre lettering on the sponge that reads "S2L011P-1E=2.1MM-H41" It's odd for one because the all the pictures and videos I've seen of Rxton 5 rubbers doesn't have any lettering on it. And it's further odd because people have mentioned Loki listing the hardness of Rxton 5 as 49d while here it's obvious that this sponge is 41d on some scale or another.

Also, do you happen to know which is the old packaging and which is the new packaging? I got the first package.

loki0.png

loki1.png

Reactions: latej