Any Oversized Chinese looping blades?

says Accelerate your Progress
Feb 2023
Title Basically.

Larger than the standard 157x150 head size.

The only one I know of is Stuor Long 5.

Not Euro / Jap blades, they are too expensive most of the time and mostly only carbon/fiber.
Specifically Chinese blades.

Not C-PEN Obviously Either.

Which ones are there?

Last edited:
Feb 2023
umm. well you said Stuor Long 5. All of these are same size a Stuor Long 5. But if you want bigger than that, I don't know.
I was going after the first review here:

"COMPLETED ! Until recently there were two different versions of this blade. The older one looks like the original DHS Hurricane Ma Long 5 and uses ALC instead of ZLC!!! (- while the other one matches the photo shown.) Facts: Inner layer blade with enlarged racket face (160 x 150 mm)..."
If thats true, then you probably had the "old" version and the new one is different.

This user has no status.
DHS TG7 CP, TG7 SP, and other siblings in the same series. I think, it is slightly oversize, like 159×152mm.
You can also get Palio Chop Nr 1, but that is not really a sophisticated looping blade, but oversized (157×157mm).
You can also go with Sword Razor, which is a 7-ply defensive blade, actually rated around All/All+, 165×155mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
How oversized do you want? Most DHS blades are 159mm, the old HL5 and the current W968 national are 161mm. Larger than that you'll have to go defensive or custom. Note that for DHS blades the shoulder is usually a bit more tapered than Butterfly blades, which combined with the longer head makes them more head heavy.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
Feb 2023
The Stuor Harimoto ALC clone I have turns out to be oversized.
160x152 mm, which explains the head-heaviness.
I finally figured out a way to measure head size,
and found all of my blades to be 157x150 except for this one.

Will try Yinhe Pluto 1.5mm pips out on the HALC blade.
Wont change the LAC yet.
I am curious about how it will play, whether Ill be able to chop or play some defense with it.

Any predictions or speculations ?

Last edited:
Feb 2023
After ~2 hours of Practice today I would say the experiment is successful.

The racket wasnt too fast at all, I wouldnt even describe it as fast in the first place.

Weight in the 170g range.

Very Well Balanced and comfortable.
First time ever with pips.
Since I am familiar with chopping, pushing and being annoying I could adapt easily.

Obviously I had Issues, but nothing that I wouldnt be able to solve in 2-3 weeks of training.

PS: The Stuor HALC is not a Looping blade, despite what one might think. For that it lacks the Support and Power for when you put in the effort and take a step back from the table. Instead, it has Great control and allows you to place the ball where ever you want while maintaining roughly Off- speed. It would probably work well for 2017-2019 Harimoto. Although I didnt play with the original, this might be close to it.