Xiom Vega Korea Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yogi's review was spot on. I just got a blue sheet of Xiom Vega Korea. I've only played one session, but it is super grippy and super spinny. I really like this rubber so far. Now I have 3 rubbers I like. Where can I get a 3 sided paddle?
Awesome! Is the sponge soft. Like is it more like XIom Pro v.s. Xiom X, or it is more like Xiom Vega Europe? And the top ship is more grip than Pro, X and Europe?

Thank you for your feedback!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Megaspin. Not sure about the others
I did not realize Megaspin would know such a thing. I thought Megaspin is more like a third-party middle men, meaning they don't carry any inventory and they just get a cut from the sellers when they act as the middle men to make the transaction happen.

I will probably wait until TT11 carries it.

Reactions: OvrChkn and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I did not realize Megaspin would know such a thing. I thought Megaspin is more like a third-party middle men, meaning they don't carry any inventory and they just get a cut from the sellers when they act as the middle men to make the transaction happen.

I will probably wait until TT11 carries it.
Yeah, I think you're right on that end. I like their price point for the Vega series (~$35) and shipping is relatively fast. It's just a long time until one of their sellers get it in stock lol.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yeah, I think you're right on that end. I like their price point for the Vega series (~$35) and shipping is relatively fast. It's just a long time until one of their sellers get it in stock lol.
Yes, I mean, Rakza 7 soft and C-1 which I use are about $44-$45 a piece. Vega at $37, if you EJ a lot, that price differene can add up. I have one sheet of Vega Europe and one sheet of Vega X. I like them so far. Not sure if I want to try Vega Pro and/or Vega Korea next. I am just digesting some recent purchases to see what to buy next. I like Xiom Vega series so far. Nothing to really complain about.

Reactions: OvrChkn
Awesome! Is the sponge soft. Like is it more like XIom Pro v.s. Xiom X, or it is more like Xiom Vega Europe? And the top ship is more grip than Pro, X and Europe?

Thank you for your feedback!
Harder than Vega Europe. I've never tried Vega Pro. Vega Korea feels slightly softer than Tibhar Evolution EL-D. It feels super good and dynamic on my blade Xiom Strato. I'm currently playing my second session with it.

Reactions: OvrChkn and JJ Ng
I'm currently between matches at my 4th session with Vega Korea. I think I'm sticking with this rubber. It's very high spin, and excellent control. I feel like I can do everything with this rubber and can't miss the table. Loop backspin, super easy. Punch block on heavy loops is super effective. It's nice and controlled on passive strokes, but has quite a bit of power (on my Xiom Strato) when I crank it up. It's also fairly easy to get the sponge working and access the spin. Awesome value for the money.

This user has no status.
I'm currently between matches at my 4th session with Vega Korea. I think I'm sticking with this rubber. It's very high spin, and excellent control. I feel like I can do everything with this rubber and can't miss the table. Loop backspin, super easy. Punch block on heavy loops is super effective. It's nice and controlled on passive strokes, but has quite a bit of power (on my Xiom Strato) when I crank it up. It's also fairly easy to get the sponge working and access the spin. Awesome value for the money.
Have you tried glayzer ? Wanted to how it feels in comparison to the glazyer :)

I'm currently using the glayzer on my BH and I find it great for blocking.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Well I've been using the rubber for about 3 weeks and it has started to develope several cracks around the edge of the top sheet. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue? I'll upload some pics of it later today.
That's a fragile topsheet if that happens without hitting the table at all. That said, you rarely use the edge of the rubber to hit the ball.

This user has no status.
I tried someone's Korea sheet at the club yesterday, they had the rubber in the blue colour, I found the rubber had more catapult than most other rubbers I have tried, the ball just pinged off the rubber. I found that I couldn't get as much spin as normal with this rubber as I prefer a slightly longer dwell time even on the harder spinny rubbers. This was probably also slightly due to the blade the rubber was on, it was the Ice Cream AZXi.

Reactions: Migzkulit and JJ Ng
The cracks aren't that big, but I've never seen it happen quite like that
IMG_20230812_110246.jpg
IMG_20230812_110315.jpg
IMG_20230812_110342.jpg