BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
They can and will punish them severely without ending their career. I have no doubt this will cost them ($$ if nothing else). Their performance at the next tournament could suffer if this affair distracts from their training. Watch for upsets at National Games.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
i showed methodology and pointed out the factors, percentage of US fans who know simon biles vs percentage of china fans who know ML.

what espn methodology?all I see is jibberish fancy talk they describe a formula they dont even show.

I was not certain nor i implied ML is definitely more popular I questioned/doubted ESPN's formula, being bullcrap when without any numbers they put biles on 48 and ML on 71 when they clearly dont have accurate numbers nor information

. u still dont get my point, stick to reading ESPN because it is an "established organization"

I will again refer you to my example about an average article TT writer and jorgen persson writing stupid articles on their site. ESPN is big organization yes, but I dont buy their BS when it comes to accurate journalism and research.

last, i pointed out how a simple research can be done by you and me and get BETTER info for ML and not some NA bullshit, and you still dont like. well fine by me , but its still more accurate than the credibility of an established organization (rrofl!) who's reporters dont even bother to actually DO some research, instead of just copy pasting baidu results.

I bet you didnt even read their presentation. Anyway cheers, read ESPN whenever you want ur facts straight and good luck with that :D

Of course your opinion can't be compared with ESPN's. You are a nobody, got it? Establish yourself until you reach a decent level and work with a similar organization then you can say with authority. Otherwise all your saying is just talk and worthless. Your example of average article TT writer and Persson didn't make any sense. It is actually stupid because established folks rarely wrote craps. They are not like you and me who come here talking gibberish without worrying about loss of face. They have reputation to protect and family to feed. Come on... don't assume that I didn't read their presentation. However, I don't necessarily believe what ESPN writes but at least they entertain me. There is another organization listing 50 World's most marketable athletes. They also have their own methodology. I think it is also worth to read as well.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most-marketable/2017

Right on the 1st page they talked about Simone! ML is number 48, Simone is 8. Think about that!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Of course your opinion can't be compared with ESPN's. You are a nobody, got it? Establish yourself until you reach a decent level and work with a similar organization then you can say with authority. Otherwise all your saying is just talk and worthless. Your example of average article TT writer and Persson didn't make any sense. It is actually stupid because established folks rarely wrote craps. They are not like you and me who come here talking gibberish without worrying about loss of face. They have reputation to protect and family to feed. Come on... don't assume that I didn't read their presentation. However, I don't necessarily believe what ESPN writes but at least they entertain me. There is another organization listing 50 World's most marketable athletes. They also have their own methodology. I think it is also worth to read as well.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most-marketable/2017

Right on the 1st page they talked about Simone! ML is number 48, Simone is 8. Think about that!

Actually, established folks have wrote said and done many craps in many different fields, that's what u dont understand. Until someone proved them wrong and set the record straight

Since you like analysis methodology and facts so much, wang hao was laughed hard as a kid when he used the RPB in a regular basis. And he was not even close to established. Everybody thought he was a joke, fang bo was treated the same way but eventually...well you know the story.

"I got it" and now I will "give it" to you :p

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
They can and will punish them severely without ending their career. I have no doubt this will cost them ($$ if nothing else). Their performance at the next tournament could suffer if this affair distracts from their training. Watch for upsets at National Games.

I dont think money will hurt much, they can make more in the future but I guess it will have a psychological toll on their mind, since theyve worked hard all their lives for it and now someone takes them away for a stupid reason, it would have a meanng though if they donated them to charities instead of going directly to the party or the government or whatever. I was anxious about more severe punishments like 7-8 or more months ban

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
After the government withdrew all male players from the Australia open, XX, FZD and ML posted on their WeiBo. They basically copied the government official statement- we are tired after WTTC and Japan open, need time to rest.

If you and have have average IQ we know they post it at a gun point.

The logic is simple. Female players have gone through even more events - WTTC, Japan Open and China Open (coz they didn't boycott). Why female players didn't withdraw?

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Actually, established folks have wrote said and done many craps in many different fields, that's what u dont understand. Until someone proved them wrong and set the record straight

Since you like analysis methodology and facts so much, wang hao was laughed hard as a kid when he used the RPB in a regular basis. And he was not even close to established. Everybody thought he was a joke, fang bo was treated the same way but eventually...well you know the story.

"I got it" and now I will "give it" to you :p

Yes, there are credible folks who made mistakes and the ones who proved them wrong also made mistakes in their life. Nobody is perfect. But to prove ESPN's methodology wrong will require more than just mere opinions.

No, you don't get it and never will.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I dont think money will hurt much

Easy to say if it's not your money; and of course, it depends on how much they are fined, or salary is reduced, or how many endorsements they lose.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Generally known simply as "Dream" in Houston (short for Hakeem tbe Dream, a nickname he got in college, also in Houston, because he was so insanely smooth for his size). One of hbe five best centers in basketball history, along with Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, and Shaq

Kareem is that comedy actor, right, costarring with Leslie Nielsen?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yes, there are credible folks who made mistakes and the ones who proved them wrong also made mistakes in their life. Nobody is perfect. But to prove ESPN's methodology wrong will require more than just mere opinions.

No, you don't get it and never will.

what methodology? oh that really hurt, i hope it makes you happy :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Some updates:
On Jul 1, M Lin showed up in an endorsement event of a furniture company in Chongqing. Everything seemed normal.
http://www.shzxgov.com/daily/2017/0702/228515.html

On Jul 1, to celebrate CCP's birthday, LGL posted on Sina Weibo some old pictures of 1996 OG gold medalists together with whom he joined CCP 20 years ago.

On Jun 30, ML was seen at the Beijing airport. Tecent news said his destination was Shenyang. He might go to see a sports doctor there (which he did in March) or transfer for his hometown Anshan.
http://sport.qq.com/a/20170701/015844.htm

2017 CTTSL will start this Sep. The 3 players should be able to play.
365jia.cn/news/2017-06-29/D69D740EF5F16639.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yes... Popularity seems very, very regional indeed. The US in particular has a bunch of oddball branches of sport taking the spotlights; in the rest of the world other strange hobbies take the cake, such as football ("soccer", "foot", "futebol", ...), cricket, tennis, volleyball, iceskating, cycling... and interestingly many people don't seem to realize how locally tainted their perspective is.

Of all these superstar names you mention, some do seem vaguely familiar, but most don't. I know next to nothing about football, but many people over here seem to think the only rivalry that counts in the world as a whole is whether Cristian Ronaldo or Lionel Messi is the greatest human that ever crossed a green field. I don't think I'd recognize either when bumping into them.

Fame is a very relative thing in sports, so it seems.

It is indeed regional but soccer is still by far the most popular sport in europe . I guess the main reason is because it was commercialized so much in the beginning of the 20th century and its not a coincidence that countries with big economies, compared to most EU nations, in the past century happen to have very good teams & academies in international and club level (england,germany,russia in the past 15 years, netherlands, italy, spain, belgium & france)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
In China, we don't talk about their withdrawal any more.
Now ppl are talking about the flood disaster in Hunan province and 20th anniversary of HK's return to mainland China.

So.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
That's normal.
CCTV keeps replaying the final of 2017 WTTC between ML and FZD. After ITTF reported ML is included in the SportsPro's list mentioned above, CCTV Weibo and other media reported it in a positive tone. No "harm your country" this time.

In China, we don't talk about their withdrawal any more.
Now ppl are talking about the flood disaster in Hunan province and 20th anniversary of HK's return to mainland China.

So.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's normal.
CCTV keeps replaying the final of 2017 WTTC between ML and FZD. After ITTF reported ML is included in the SportsPro's list mentioned above, CCTV Weibo and other media reported it in a positive tone. No "harm your country" this time.

That is indeed normal.
TV is all state run, social media is all strictly controlled.

In other countries, you will have talk shows doing its own investigations and bad mouthing GAS and Gov.

But the statement of "in China, we don't talk about the withdrawal anymore", well, I know at least a few people in China that are still talking about it lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Update: ITTF is deciding the "heavier penalty" for Ma Long, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong for the boycott China Open 2017.But firstly, both these 3 players get "-25 points" penalty in the ranking system.

19961310_1696572940649795_289493009297683346_n.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016