Dignics 09c longevity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
In that case I got 3 bad sheets out of 3 and my friends got 2 bad sheets out of 2...

Anyway, I'm not the only one complaining about D09c durability... switching to D05 made my life a lot easier once I adjusted.
care matters as well. I usually just blow a little at the rubber and wipe it. My D09 lasts almost forever and does not shrink as much as D05

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Just do the math.

This is like a very basic job interview question.
this all started with you claiming:

I personally disagree. Right now, I have LAC, D09c, and Dragon Grip glued on """"""3 separate blades."""""" I find them extremely comparable. If I'm just being totally honest, I actually prefer LAC as I feel the arc is better.

Now you claim to have all three sheets on the same blade, hence the invention of the 3 sided blade.

Gosh this is fun 😂
😂 😂 😂 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
surface quality of dignics 09c last long if you wipe with a little water after every session of training and stick the rubber protection film after cleaning. I am very happy about longetivity. It's expensive but both performance and longevity compensate the price.

Just a tip: if you glue the rubber to the blade, do not remove it until it completly dead. Because the rubber shrinks and the first taste is gone in my opinion.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
D09c look are getting wearing out pretty quickly, the same thing with tackiness (but it’s barely tacky even out of the box). But there is no big decrease in spin capabilities, even after a 4-5 months of use, maybe very slight one. I think this is more technique problem, if you can’t spin with three month old D09c than the rubber issue. Never had problems with that.
After months of use, yes tack goes away, but amount of grip and spin is still > any other BTY rubber.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
D09c look are getting wearing out pretty quickly, the same thing with tackiness (but it’s barely tacky even out of the box). But there is no big decrease in spin capabilities, even after a 4-5 months of use, maybe very slight one. I think this is more technique problem, if you can’t spin with three month old D09c than the rubber issue. Never had problems with that.
After months of use, yes tack goes away, but amount of grip and spin is still > any other BTY rubber.
Tack to me stays about the same after the first couple sessions. I always use a sticky protection sheet though.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Fastarc G1 is very, very durable. You're bound to run into disappointment if you wish to "bump things up" and then expect similar longevity.
People claim Dignics 05, 80 also last long. Well, they may last better than most rubbers, but still pale in comparison to G1. There's some raving about Hammond Z2; but there too I tend to suspect initial speed/spin might be a notch higher (which is a mixed bag; you need to be able to keep the ball in play first and foremost, after all) but ungraceful degradation pretty much like D09C, Rakza Z, K2 and the like.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Tack to me stays about the same after the first couple sessions. I always use a sticky protection sheet though.
I’m using BTY cleaning and a protect sheets always, few training yes - the tack is still present. But after few months - it’s barely noticeable, but again D09c is not so tacky even when it’s new. I would say Sieger pk50 and Rakza Z are more tackier and keep their tack for more period of time with proper cleaning.

But please don’t misunderstand my quote d09c is still very very good rubber, those little lose of tackiness are not affecting playing characteristics by a lot, and for us mere mortals, most will not see any difference at all. So on an amateur level you can use your sheet of D09c for a year easily

This is how rubber behave, after more than four months in use hardcore multi ball and everything, you can see that protective sheet is obviously sticks to it (and this one that are non sticky by itself), and the ball sticks to it too

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
surface quality of dignics 09c last long if you wipe with a little water after every session of training and stick the rubber protection film after cleaning. I am very happy about longetivity. It's expensive but both performance and longevity compensate the price.

Just a tip: if you glue the rubber to the blade, do not remove it until it completly dead. Because the rubber shrinks and the first taste is gone in my opinion.
I always rinse with water and then protective film. and in my bag/holder. then in my drawer until next time. So should be good on that one.
Also I plan to put it on my best blade (viscaria) and keep it there until the end.
With 8 hours play a week or so how long would you say it lasts in your personal opinion?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I always rinse with water and then protective film. and in my bag/holder. then in my drawer until next time. So should be good on that one.
Also I plan to put it on my best blade (viscaria) and keep it there until the end.
With 8 hours play a week or so how long would you say it lasts in your personal opinion?
for me at least 4-5 months easily but I switch in mid season witch is after 3 months and used sheet I gave to my friend and he play another 3-4 months with it.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
for me at least 4-5 months easily but I switch in mid season witch is after 3 months and used sheet I gave to my friend and he play another 3-4 months with it.
Does your friend play 1900 level or above? Can he feel a difference between new and what he gets from you?

I have heard of people say that after 8 months they still feel its close to playing as new. If this is possible with great care its not an expensive rubber suddenly anymore and it makes sense to me.

Im currently using K3 and its about 6-7 weeks old. Still amazing but I do feel slight reduction in spin after just 4 weeks. but still plenty to make serious problems with serves etc. The sponge actually feels better now or I just got used to it. Ill try keep it going for as long as possible before switching to the 09c.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Does your friend play 1900 level or above? Can he feel a difference between new and what he gets from you?

I have heard of people say that after 8 months they still feel its close to playing as new. If this is possible with great care its not an expensive rubber suddenly anymore and it makes sense to me.

Im currently using K3 and its about 6-7 weeks old. Still amazing but I do feel slight reduction in spin after just 4 weeks. but still plenty to make serious problems with serves etc. The sponge actually feels better now or I just got used to it. Ill try keep it going for as long as possible before switching to the 09c.
He is using 5ply wood blade and I using HL5 so it depends on the blade ofc. But from my point after 3 months of using the sponge is little more softness when I compare to new and conclusion is in increasing little speed so the spin will decrease little but its only adjusting of angle so overall for us mortals is 09c playable 6months without problem I think.

Reactions: ben1229 and Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
He is using 5ply wood blade and I using HL5 so it depends on the blade ofc. But from my point after 3 months of using the sponge is little more softness when I compare to new and conclusion is in increasing little speed so the spin will decrease little but its only adjusting of angle so overall for us mortals is 09c playable 6months without problem I think.
totally makes sense.... we need to remember we are regular mortals :) Im not going for the olympics just yet. he he.

ok 6 months. at 160$ for a pair of sheets. just under 30$ a month to play with top end rubbers. Its doable.

I was considering the D05 as apparently longevity is even better, but I really dont like the idea its bouncy and no good at closeup play compared.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
totally makes sense.... we need to remember we are regular mortals :) Im not going for the olympics just yet. he he.

ok 6 months. at 160$ for a pair of sheets. just under 30$ a month to play with top end rubbers. Its doable.

I was considering the D05 as apparently longevity is even better, but I really dont like the idea its bouncy and no good at closeup play compared.
I was using D05 on BH 1 month and just does not fit for HL5. Right now I trying D80 and its better. My plan is again using 09C on BH but Iam missing right technique on opening close to the table and thats why I using D80 for improving. If I will see progress then I switch to 09c on BH too.
PS; Iam left handed player and FH is my weapon and BH is just my tool for opening game when enemy pushing me on my BH side.
I hope that BTY create 09c Fx :D

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
6-8 months with great performance after that still playable. I have 1 year old dignics09c it needs a little more effort than the new sheet since sponge tensor effect is little gone. (But i had a mistake that i removed the rubber and reglued it)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
6-8 months with great performance after that still playable. I have 1 year old dignics09c it needs a little more effort than the new sheet since sponge tensor effect is little gone. (But i had a mistake that i removed the rubber and reglued it)
If I get 8 months out of it even better.

Reactions: Okay Angi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I was using D05 on BH 1 month and just does not fit for HL5. Right now I trying D80 and its better. My plan is again using 09C on BH but Iam missing right technique on opening close to the table and thats why I using D80 for improving. If I will see progress then I switch to 09c on BH too.
PS; Iam left handed player and FH is my weapon and BH is just my tool for opening game when enemy pushing me on my BH side.
I hope that BTY create 09c Fx :D
64/80 will better for you, if you hard to use 09c to open up close table balls. Something short push is an idea to open up game also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
64/80 will better for you, if you hard to use 09c to open up close table balls. Something short push is an idea to open up game also.
but Iam afraid that with D80 I cant be too agressive on block as with 09c. I will try swap side to see how big difference is against 09c on BH.
I want keep Chinese concept of softer rubber on BH as they using 41 for FH and 37 on BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
my rubbers should arrive next week. Quick question: Does 09c need "break in" time? Or it performs well right from first moment?
I remember how huge a difference the hybrid K3 was after just 3-4 hours of play. My initial experience almost made me depressed haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
my rubbers should arrive next week. Quick question: Does 09c need "break in" time? Or it performs well right from first moment?
I remember how huge a difference the hybrid K3 was after just 3-4 hours of play. My initial experience almost made me depressed haha.
same with 09c its breaks in time just couple of session.

hope you like your 09c :) have fun