Favourite piece of new equipment 2019?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
In 2019, I didn´t change my rubbers - I did test the new R53 which is even spinnier than my R47, just not when I play with it, must be activated by better players ;)
I also changed from carbon to all-wood, yet although my blade is new on the market in 2019, that is not a radical improvement over previous models, just a good combination of speed, feeling and most importantly (for me) balance and handling. There could be another one coming along just as well, and I really wait for the new Karakasevic blade that´ll be coming from GEWO ;)

The game changer for me are really the andro Cross Step shoes. Better fit than others (ok, that´s on my foot, can not be generalized), better grip in any hall than any shoe I have ever had.

And your (ideally just one, but might even be one from each category) favourite piece of 2019 gear?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Best thing I did in 2019 was experiment in hacking up my cpen blade by taking the handle off one side and wood gluing a nub, or jpen like, gripper on the front.

Now the blade is ugly as sin but it has opened my eyes as to how much more grip, control, feeling, etc. I have on my backhand TPB (oldschool I know but it's what I know best) compared to the standard cpen blade.

Makes me think I'll probably pick some two sided Jpen someday but we'll see.

Until then, I'm enjoying my Frankenstein blade as I call it. ha ha.

cpen400.jpg