HAIFU SEAMOON BOOSTER NATIONAL Y/B REVIEWS

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Normal motor oil will work as rubber expander pretty well. Pure Oil with no syntetic additives.

Devil will always find work for iddle hands. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kindof99
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

Have an exciting adventure. Be happy.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
WHAT IS A FACTORY BOOSTING.

Hi, people. Pay some attention, please.
This is an actual rubber compositon, and it comprises no oil ingredients to prepare the end product. Thus, in order to improve the sponge quality, a final treatment on the sponge may be applied with a hot oil bath.
As an example, Yinhe Big Dipper sponge is being steeped into hot oils, the process known as a "factory tuning".

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Spectroscopy analysis showed that Seamoon and Haifu booster (as the national yellow ones call it) have absolutely identical composition. The only difference is that yellow contains a dye. There is no other difference!!!

Mini revival of the thread, I got into reaserching for the boosters again because I'm looking to get back into Chinese rubbers, and I found these videos.

It seems that the national doesn't only not have the same composition to seamoon, but they are completely different.

National yellow is thicker and stickier and has completely different playing characteristics, they are much stronger and greater than normal seamoon.

So there is a difference, and a big one at that.

We're always talking about the real national haifu because there's tons of fakes going around.

Here's the videos.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Anyone play around with homemade boosters? I've found a combination of Ultra-pure lamp oil (paraffin oil), Goo Gone and Coconut oil work well.

I mix depending on the desired immediate boosting effect... Meaning Lamp oil has most immediate effect but dissipates quickly. Goo Gone is second in this regard and the coconut oil gives a lasting effect to the boost, sort of like a booster additive. Its thin so I usually boost over glue.

I've also found that doming/curling a rubber too much can make the top sheet too hard, so I try not to "over boost"... Especially with a new rubber. Also boosting after an initial break in of rubber seems to give the best boosting results.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Brainy japanese guy has discovered a dry boosting to enhance rubber performance. You need a non flexible solid roller having contact surface of spherical profile. Those inventive japanese, indeed.

Dry-boosting-method-final.jpg

• Wow
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
So, I need to weigh in on the spectroscopic analysis. I assume we are looking at IR and Raman spectroscopy judging by the wavenumbers. Now, the boosters are presumably comprised of different ratios of various higher alkanes. These spectroscopic techniques 1) cannot distinguish between different alkanes but only signal their presence, and 2) are not quantitative (area of bands does not say anything about the quantity of given compounds).

The conclusions from the analysis are flawed.

Separately, the regular and national boosters had very different objective physicochemical properties, i.e., the regular version absorbed much faster into the sponge than the national booster.

And subjectively, they led to different playing properties.

This user has no status.
The results clearly document that both types of booster are identical in the main composition, they differ only in additives (e.g. pigments). The problem, however, is that the results do not quite match the given MSDS. Natural modified rubber (with low double bond content) is possible there, but quite obviously the amine groups from ethylenediamine are missing. According to the results of both spectroscopies, it looks like a longer hydrocarbon (penta- to heptadecane)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Try for the dry boosting, it needs no academical degree in organic chemistry 🤓
----------
Knowledge is power, and absolute knowledge is absolute power.