How heavy is your blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I use moyu + k2pro + elp 194g before . And when I produce topspin with waist I get my waist injured. (movement like lin yun-ju, sorry I don't know how to say it in en).
I am a penhold player. So I switch to the 181g version (green goat + Vega X + X-PLODE SENSITIVE), and my waist feels much better now. My friend told me elp is so heavy although it's powerful too.
I'd like ask how's heavy is your blade and how's your feeling. Please write that you are penhold or shake hand hold.
微信图片_20240407145434.jpg
微信图片_20240407145429.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
I'm a hobbyist blade builder. Most of mine are made to come in on the heavy side, but have heavier handles so that they don't actually feel as heavy as they are (in my experience it is the head "heavyness" that makes a blade feel heavy). The heaviest blade I've made in recent weeks came in at 129g. I've never put rubbers on it but it'll easily be in the 220-230g range with two sheets of max sponge inverted rubbers attached. But in the hand I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and a 200g set-up that has a head-heavy weight distribution.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I'm a hobbyist blade builder. Most of mine are made to come in on the heavy side, but have heavier handles so that they don't actually feel as heavy as they are (in my experience it is the head "heavyness" that makes a blade feel heavy). The heaviest blade I've made in recent weeks came in at 129g. I've never put rubbers on it but it'll easily be in the 220-230g range with two sheets of max sponge inverted rubbers attached. But in the hand I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and a 200g set-up that has a head-heavy weight distribution.
Thank you. You inspired me.
It's time to find the center of gravity of my blade.
My teacher teached me how the find center of gravity with string in high school.
OK. I will try.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Shake, viscaria, t05, t05fx. 186

Pen, yeo, xuperman powerplay x, vega euro. 185

Don't have an issue with any of them.

Rpb was painful in the beginning but eventually I figured it was bad technique and used more forearm instead of wrist with a longer fanning motion.

My old shake setup was 175g head heavy and now this is 10 grams up but the distribution is much closer to the handle, so the only difference I felt is the need to actively engage the wrist on the backhand which I didn't really do because headheavy stiga blade pretty much did it for me.

Sergio's "Greek wood" now with V>22 DE on my FH and on my BH with Gewo Hype XT Pro 40.
IMG-0417.jpg

The Andro wood is now Yasaka Rakza7 soft on my BH and Andro Hexer Grip SFX on my FH.
IMG-0418.jpg
If we exceptionally play competition again, it is always with the Andro TP_Ligna CI Off wood with Gewo Hype XT Pro 40 on my FH and Andro Hexer Grip SFX in my BH.