Inner blades about 85g suggestions?

_ak

This user has no status.
I am looking for an inner blade for which 85g is within normal range instead of some odd outlier.
Like a lot my Sanwei 75 inner but didn't manage to get any lighter than 89g, these extra grams feels uncomfortable for me. I have experience of switching from right to left hand due injury and don't have any spare hands left so I'd rather not risk it.

I'd like to figure out possible candidates with ST or FL handle, koto or limba, normal size head, not too stiff and not to flexy.
Perhaps older BTY Innerforce ALC? It seems to be lighter than new Innerforce Layer ALC.
DHS H301 is advertised with 86-92g, asking for desired weight on Ali can be PITA though.

I've heard Yinhe blades are on heavier side.

Any other recommendations?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Go to your local dealer and ask him to get you an innerforce style blade at that weight. It can be an innerforce or whatever, alternatively before you buy something from Aliexpress you can message them and ask them if they have the blade weight you're looking for on hand.

There isn't one blade that weighs strictly 85 grams because of wood variations, density, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I am looking for an inner blade for which 85g is within normal range instead of some odd outlier.
Like a lot my Sanwei 75 inner but didn't manage to get any lighter than 89g, these extra grams feels uncomfortable for me. I have experience of switching from right to left hand due injury and don't have any spare hands left so I'd rather not risk it.

I'd like to figure out possible candidates with ST or FL handle, koto or limba, normal size head, not too stiff and not to flexy.
Perhaps older BTY Innerforce ALC? It seems to be lighter than new Innerforce Layer ALC.
DHS H301 is advertised with 86-92g, asking for desired weight on Ali can be PITA though.

I've heard Yinhe blades are on heavier side.

Any other recommendations?
Have a look at the various Vodak options - I have a Horezsi and it's 88g but the range is lower to higher and he will customise. Fantastic blades and good value.

Reactions: Manto76 and _ak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Before you go selling your Sanwei 75, have you tried just attaching a weight to the handle butt?

5g is a nearly unnoticeable amount of weight for most humans. However balance is definitely noticeable. Sometimes I'll pick up a racket from someone else and it'll feel light only for the owner to tell me that it's actually 10 or 15 grams more than my own. It's just better balanced so feels lighter in my hand.

This same issue applies in FH and BH switches. Head heaviness will be a way bigger factor than overall heaviness. Try taping some coins to the end of the handle and see if that feels better. If you like it then you just glue them on. If you don't like how ghetto that looks, then you can make your own Stiga CWT system by boring a hole and filling it with a metal weight.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
My Yinhe Pro 05: $67 from AliExpress, China Ping Pong (Limba/Limba/KLC/../KLC/Limba/Limba).
1356Hz, 85.0g, 5.9mm, handle center 27.1mm/23.7mm
Plays very nicely, too fast for me in tournaments, I am playing the 85g Victas Swat, 1150-1200Hz.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I think it depends on the sellers on AliExpress. I just stick with the same one now who get me the weight I wanted. Perhaps others can also suggest the sellers they been using

_ak

This user has no status.
Before you go selling your Sanwei 75, have you tried just attaching a weight to the handle butt?
It seems that I am used to it already, it doesn't feel head-heavy (like my Offensive S with the same weight for example)
Or it was an effect of slightly lighter rubbers.
At the moment I have Tibhar BS1 86g + Big Dipper 38d (factory glue was removed and thinner layer applied) + Rozena + side tape = 181g
Sanwei 75 Inner 89g + B2 Provincial 39d + Moon = 182g without side tape.
My Yinhe Pro 05: $67 from AliExpress, China Ping Pong (Limba/Limba/KLC/../KLC/Limba/Limba).
1356Hz, 85.0g, 5.9mm, handle center 27.1mm/23.7mm

Does it have a normal or oversized head?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Gewo PBO innforce has a slightly smaller head size than the standard ( viscarea for example) and usually comes at around 85 grams.

Reactions: _ak