Rxton 9 vs Rakza Z

I'm currently using Rakza Z max FH and H8-80 37 unboosted on BH, blade Korbel made in Japan.

I'd like to know the differences between Rakza Z and Loki Rxton 9 unboosted for FH. For unboosted I mean the rubber as it is straight out the package.

Rakza Z is fine but I would prefer a bit more quality in the shots, without losing control and feel and without adding weight to the racket.

Also, for H8-80 BH users, do you apply booster to it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm currently using Rakza Z max FH and H8-80 37 unboosted on BH, blade Korbel made in Japan.

I'd like to know the differences between Rakza Z and Loki Rxton 9 unboosted for FH. For unboosted I mean the rubber as it is straight out the package.

Rakza Z is fine but I would prefer a bit more quality in the shots, without losing control and feel and without adding weight to the racket.

Thanks a lot in advance!
I feel h8-80 needs to be boosted. I found it very slow and unresponsive

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Thanks a lot in advance!
I can't comment on the Rxton 9
I have used H8-80 37 degree on my BH un-boosted. I wouldn't class it as 'very slow' but to help soften it up and make it more 'lively' then give it a boost and see how it plays, I have never felt the need to, mind you, I don't like having to go through the boosting process every 4 - 6 weeks!!!!!

This user has no status.
R9 is way harder than rakza z and therefore you wont have the easy touch-bounce and need more force for the higher speed levels.
But those are higher than the rakza z.

Rakza Z has a higher throw too, which was the main reason i used it on bh. Fh test was frustrating because i bottomed out too easy and the ball usually flew different than i wanted it to.

H8-80 is a good bh rubber and not slow either way. If it feels too slow you simply lack technique or does Chos bh look slow to you?
For me was a little bit too bouncy and harder to control with incoming loops, otherwise i would still use it.

says Accelerate your Progress
says Accelerate your Progress
Feb 2023
The H8-80 doesnt need to be boosted but I would highly recommend it.
It makes it Come Alive and gets rid of some of the low speed/Power shots.
Also gives you more feeling for the ball output, if that makes sense.
I have boosted only 38 degree so far, but will boost a 37 degree soon and can give an Update if necessary.

I can't comment on the Rxton 9
I have used H8-80 37 degree on my BH un-boosted. I wouldn't class it as 'very slow' but to help soften it up and make it more 'lively' then give it a boost and see how it plays, I have never felt the need to, mind you, I don't like having to go through the boosting process every 4 - 6 weeks!!!!!
I was just curious to know other players thoughts, I've never boosted my rubbers and don't plan to do that. The H8-80 is not slow at all.

Reactions: kindof99
The H8-80 doesnt need to be boosted but I would highly recommend it.
It makes it Come Alive and gets rid of some of the low speed/Power shots.
Also gives you more feeling for the ball output, if that makes sense.
I have boosted only 38 degree so far, but will boost a 37 degree soon and can give an Update if necessary.
Yes please update, thanks for your insight.

It's also because of you that I'm interested in Rxton 9, I read your review of it and your words impressed me.

R9 is way harder than rakza z and therefore you wont have the easy touch-bounce and need more force for the higher speed levels.
But those are higher than the rakza z.

Rakza Z has a higher throw too, which was the main reason i used it on bh. Fh test was frustrating because i bottomed out too easy and the ball usually flew different than i wanted it to.

H8-80 is a good bh rubber and not slow either way. If it feels too slow you simply lack technique or does Chos bh look slow to you?
For me was a little bit too bouncy and harder to control with incoming loops, otherwise i would still use it.
Thanks for taking the time to give me a detailed answer.

Probably Rxton 9 is not the right answer. I know what are the right answers, but I'm tired of EJing. I'll stick with Rakza Z for the moment.

Where exactly did I write that I find H8-80 too slow? I didn't, it's just your wrong assumption. Anyway the answers by tensorbackhand, IB66 and gordonluvsu reveal that my question was legit. Starting from my question to arrive speculating about a lack of technique is nonsense and exagerated.

I agree with you that H8-80 37 is a bit hard to control with incoming loops, but I still find it a really good BH rubber overall and I intend to stick with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Probably Rxton 9 is not the right answer. I know what are the right answers, but I'm tired of EJing. I'll stick with Rakza Z for the moment.

Where exactly did I write that I find H8-80 too slow? I didn't, it's just your wrong assumption. Anyway the answers by tensorbackhand, IB66 and gordonluvsu reveal that my question was legit. Starting from my question to arrive speculating about a lack of technique is nonsense and exagerated.

I agree with you that H8-80 37 is a bit hard to control with incoming loops, but I still find it a really good BH rubber overall and I intend to stick with it.

Rxton 9 is like 2 steps away from Rakza Z ;-) Perhaps some/more people didn't reply to your question because they are more interested in comparing rubbers which are more "in the family" - meaning *less* than 1 step away ;-) Rxton 9 is signif. harder than RZ, as Attitude wrote already, so to make that first step, you'd take RZ EH to get at least similar hardness. And then still Rxton 9 is not a hybrid, it is more like H3, or B2 - dense sponge, whereas RZ and RZ EH have a least a bit bubbly sponge - so that is the second step.

About H8-80, I really dislike it, it gets a lot of popularity on TTD, but for me it was the worst BH rubber ;-) Doesn't matter, everybody feels differently. However, even if I don't want to, I must agree with Attitude, because obviously, top players like Lim Younghun or Cho Seungmin (if I'm not mistaken) are using it. Similarly, some top chinese players are using H3-H37 on the BH. And I did too, and I really really would like to do again, to have it again, but my technique is not there yet ;-) It is not non-sense, and there is no need to be ashamed about it.

The Rxton 9 - love it on the FH. I hope people find out and write some more negatives about it, so that the price goes down ;-)

I hope you enjoy the polemics almost as much as you enjoy the movement between the strokes ;-)

This user has no status.

No problem.

And i never said that you specificly said that^^ tb mentioned something like that, and i wanted to point that the rubber itself cant be slow at all.
Aaaaand i never said anything about your technique at all. The first thing i would do anyhow, is to ask some footage of your gameplay to help you further. Because answering your questions in detail is impossible like that.

Yeah i would never advise anyone to go away from that rubber. Although you could easily try to play with Rakza Z on your bh too. imo it is a bit easier to access and use many techniques, but that is also true with the H8-80 just a bit more challenging.

Rxton 9 is like 2 steps away from Rakza Z ;-) Perhaps some/more people didn't reply to your question because they are more interested in comparing rubbers which are more "in the family" - meaning *less* than 1 step away ;-) Rxton 9 is signif. harder than RZ, as Attitude wrote already, so to make that first step, you'd take RZ EH to get at least similar hardness. And then still Rxton 9 is not a hybrid, it is more like H3, or B2 - dense sponge, whereas RZ and RZ EH have a least a bit bubbly sponge - so that is the second step.

About H8-80, I really dislike it, it gets a lot of popularity on TTD, but for me it was the worst BH rubber ;-) Doesn't matter, everybody feels differently. However, even if I don't want to, I must agree with Attitude, because obviously, top players like Lim Younghun or Cho Seungmin (if I'm not mistaken) are using it. Similarly, some top chinese players are using H3-H37 on the BH. And I did too, and I really really would like to do again, to have it again, but my technique is not there yet ;-) It is not non-sense, and there is no need to be ashamed about it.

The Rxton 9 - love it on the FH. I hope people find out and write some more negatives about it, so that the price goes down ;-)

I hope you enjoy the polemics almost as much as you enjoy the movement between the strokes ;-)
I know I should've not ask for Rxton 9 vs Rakza Z because they are two categories apart, one is typical high performance tacky chinese rubber, the latter is a medium-high performance hybrid rubber. Since a lot of forumers here have tried almost any rubbers on the market (esn, japan, chinese), I was curious to know their opinion as mere different FH rubbers, that's it. Also I don't complain about the answers, I actually find I already had good and sufficient answers :)

One step above RZ are RZ EH, Dragon Grip, K3, Dynaryz ZGX and others I don't care. ZGX has the quality I'm looking for but at 76gr uncut it is very heavy on korbel plate. RZ EH same. I have read every single review on the net about RZ EH, thanks for confirming that would be the right step-up I might need from RZ :)

I really like H8-80 37 as BH rubber. I can loop with great confidence, have great feel in every shots, high spin on push and BH serves. I simply asked if other players boost it, that's it.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

You didn’t say anything about it being too slow, tensor backhand did!! I think that’s why we mentioned that H8-80 isn’t that slow!!
I’m playing catch up, I haven’t been overly active on the site recently, so apologies for late reply.

H8-80 38 degree on FH, 37 on backhand. Was my preference.
RZ EH on FH, RZ on BH
Ziom Tau 2 FH & BH

If you can get a sheet of Tau 2, then do so, it’s underrated.
Xiom Jekyll & Hyde H 52 is also a good rubber, I’ve used it on FH, very good spin capabilities with right technique. I think it would also be a good BH rubber. Can be difficult to get hold of, similar to Tau 2, if you find them get em while you can!!!

Reactions: kindof99
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
brother Gan review I think he can't quite make up his mind about R9. He does finish with the words " good enough for amateurs, you may try it. " 😂 If you are an amateur , who like Gan can whack the living bjeuses out of this rubber you will be alright, if not, I would suggest you stay away from this rubber. This is not a good rubber for subtle play.
Also, there is nothing R9 can do that the old tacky R5 can also do. Of course the newest R5 is not worth bothering with. :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Read 1 reviews
I have the 38 degree on my BH and I don't boost it, I think it's too bouncy already but again I never boost anything.

I agree with what #Attitude said, it's not easy to control the incoming loops with it but it's quite capable in the right hands (I'm not there yet :D).

Recently I gave my racket to an N level French player (top 1000 players in France) who wanted to try H8-80 on BH, and oh boy did he like it. He was sending me rockets with it, I couldn't believe that he could generate that much speed out of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Is there a Rxton 9 that comes in Red? I only see it in black. If not, what else is comparable to Rx9 that comes in red?
Sadly there isnt Red available, i wish they Make the IX Speed version (around 38 degrees) in red since even national 40.5 degrees feels quite good on the BH🤷😢. They have plans to release Rxton 7 AND it should came in Red, but that Rubber Will use another type of Sponge, More similar to LAC/GTX than R9 as far as i know