Say 'NO' to DHL Shipping in INDIA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
If you live in INDIA, you need to say NO to free shipping if the seller uses DHL.

I order 3 items from tabletennis11.com with the "Free DHL Shipping". What I received was a bill of 882 INR from DHL as Customs Clearance.

Tabletennis11.com declared the items with a lower price but DHL is screwing up their business.

I have ordered previously from tt11 and shipped thru DHL and at that time the declared value was more even.

The delivery person said whatever mavbe the custom charges they are going to apply 500 INR as "Handling Charges". For me the custom duty was 104.20 INR and I do agree with the taxes thanks to the new Indian Govt. But 500 INR for Handling.... Seriously....
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

See for yourself.

Declaration of items by tt11.com
IMG_20160606_164935_HDR - Copy.jpg

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Charges by DHL
IMG_20160606_165053_HDR - Copy.jpg[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
tt11 should NOT pay for your local tax regulations and DHL policies.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Problem is not TT11 and problem is not DHL (From TT11)
Problem is your own countries TAX system.

If you want, you can contact DHL or any other freight company and query the TAX calculation and make sure it is declared correctly with the necessary tariff codes etc

Freight Charge or free delivery is different to clearance charges, tax etc.

You can check with TT11 if the free delivery includes free clearance charges, but other than that, those are 2 different entity.
IE you could have a freight bill of 100USD
But then, clearance charge (handling) is another amount
and of course TAX is another amount
Duty could also be another amount

In a nutshell, that is how things work. Each country tax law is different, but the above should give you a good guideline