STEP to ALC or ZLC blade from Butterfly Petr Korbel (Made in Japan)

This user has no status.
only a couple years ago, i abandoned the Korbel (and SpinArt on BH which was discontinued) for my current setup. I had played for more than 10 years with the Korbel (i only bought a new of the same model when i felt the first blade was dying, and i wanted a 2nd identical spare racket anyway)
I was unwilling to change , because i was very used to it, but the blade got really old. I then tried many carbon blades, (probably mostly outer, i'm not an EJ so didn't pay much attention tbh), and it was impossible for me to play with it. It was way too fast, impossible to control for me, for block, for topspin, for short game...

that is, until, i tried my current blade, Nittaku Acoustic Inner, which i felt gave me both more speed and control, while surprisingly feeling extremely close to the Korbel. Yes it seems contradictory, and its a personal and subjective judgment. Its like if i want to do a touch shot, the ball goes where i want it to go instead of falling a bit short or not exactly the same place when playing consecutive balls. for topspin, its a bit faster but more precise. no loss of control on blocks etc...

btw when i try a faster carbon outer blade, i still cannot control it. so i'll probably stick with my blade for a decade too...

TLDR i haven't tried many blades but for me, Nittaku Acoustic Inner was definitely a natural evolution and an upgrade from the Korbel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022

Yes, I totally agree about Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner, from reviews perspective also looks very interesting blade. Quality more and less like Butterfly blade and manufactured in Japan.

So, at this time I will continue to use Petr Korbel (made in Japan), but in the near future after reading reviews I decided to stay between two blades - Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC and Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner. There is still another question which option I will choose :)

NDH

says Spin to win!

Have you tried Tenergy before? Dignics is similar to Tenergy, just a bit more in every aspect, including the price.

I see where you are going with this statement, and I'd generally agree.... With some big caveats.

I think Dignics (in general), offers more options to both the low end player, and the high end player.

Comparing 05 and 05 for example - Dignics 05 is easier to control for the lower end player, yet offers more spin to the higher end player.

There is no Tenergy comparison for Dignics 09c, but I think it's probably the best option for improving players who simply have to have a high end rubber (I think there are plenty of other options at a significantly lower price that I'd use first though).

That being said, I think Tenergy 05 has one big advantage over Dignics 05 which would probably affect a lot of people on this forum.

Ease of spin.....

You can generate WAY more spin with T05 with far less effort than you can withy D05.

For the intermediate player who doesn't have explosive loops, or finds themselves out of position more times than not..... If you want an attacking spinny runner, it's T05 I'd recommend.

The main downside is the touch and incoming spin sensitivity, although I find people generally care less about that in favour of the attacking attributes.

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I see where you are going with this statement, and I'd generally agree.... With some big caveats.

I think Dignics (in general), offers more options to both the low end player, and the high end player.

Comparing 05 and 05 for example - Dignics 05 is easier to control for the lower end player, yet offers more spin to the higher end player.

There is no Tenergy comparison for Dignics 09c, but I think it's probably the best option for improving players who simply have to have a high end rubber (I think there are plenty of other options at a significantly lower price that I'd use first though).

That being said, I think Tenergy 05 has one big advantage over Dignics 05 which would probably affect a lot of people on this forum.

Ease of spin.....

You can generate WAY more spin with T05 with far less effort than you can withy D05.

For the intermediate player who doesn't have explosive loops, or finds themselves out of position more times than not..... If you want an attacking spinny runner, it's T05 I'd recommend.

The main downside is the touch and incoming spin sensitivity, although I find people generally care less about that in favour of the attacking attributes.

I agree, I was just trying to make a complicated reasoning more new user friendly, since the OP want to know how Dignics feel, but doesn't seem to have too much understanding in table tennis equipment, it's easier to describe Dignics if he/she knows the feel of Tenergy. But if the OP doesn't know how Tenergy feels, it'll be a moot point to go deeper in comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Yes, I totally agree about Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner, from reviews perspective also looks very interesting blade. Quality more and less like Butterfly blade and manufactured in Japan.

So, at this time I will continue to use Petr Korbel (made in Japan), but in the near future after reading reviews I decided to stay between two blades - Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC and Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner. There is still another question which option I will choose :)

Seems like you have the wrong impression that "made in Japan" means it's better than anything else...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

Ease of spin.....

Many of non-beginners in my TT community find Tenergy too bouncy and spin sensitive. Even players that don't have explosive loops. They simply prefer control and placement over spin and speed.
There is also old argument that developing player using Tenergy is more likely to develop half strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022

Seems like you have the wrong impression that "made in Japan" means it's better than anything else...

I tried blades like example from Andro, Yasaka, TSP and etc… And I didn’t say that one brand better than other, I think it depends on each of us what we like. What I mentioned about quality I mean about finish quality, when You take product from the package and You feel that, I think many people understand what about this… I think this is more psychological moment, but when You play and feels happy with all aspects, this is also important.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I tried blades like example from Andro, Yasaka, TSP and etc… And I didn’t say that one brand better than other, I think it depends on each of us what we like. What I mentioned about quality I mean about finish quality, when You take product from the package and You feel that, I think many people understand what about this… I think this is more psychological moment, but when You play and feels happy with all aspects, this is also important.

Who said anything about brands? I'm saying you shouldn't focus on "made in Japan", you seem to be much more focused on that than the actual blade.

Also, TSP is a Japanese brand as well, lots of their products are made in Japan. Nittaku is a Japanese brand, but one of their most high end blade Nittaku Meister (Holz Sieben, Basaltec inner, Basaltec outer) is made in Germany.

Last edited: