Tenergies losing grip fast

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
DON'T USE RUBBER CLEANER ON TENERGY. A guy who works with butterfly at a tournament told me that tenergy has a special top sheet that should only be cleaned with water and breath. Rubber cleaner destroys this protection and quickly loses grip. If it doesn't feel smooth then it's probably just humid and greasy. Using your breath can sometimes make it worse so try to dry the bat in your shirt or shorts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
DON'T USE RUBBER CLEANER ON TENERGY. A guy who works with butterfly at a tournament told me that tenergy has a special top sheet that should only be cleaned with water and breath. Rubber cleaner destroys this protection and quickly loses grip. If it doesn't feel smooth then it's probably just humid and greasy. Using your breath can sometimes make it worse so try to dry the bat in your shirt or shorts.

Mine is probably already destroyed :/

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Some rubbers are more prone to losing grip in Humidity. Even a very well worn Tenergy will keep grip, but loses it very fast even in 60-70 percent relative humidity. Some Euro inverted rubbers keep their grip. My Sigma I Euro has kept grip. In my club, they close the windows and use the air conditioner for 20-30 minutes per hour. When they use the Air Conditioner, the humidity drops to 60 percent. When they turn it off, humidity is 10 minutes later shooting up to 90%+. If a player tries to use Tenergy in my club, it will play like anti. Another thing is if the floor is dirty, the stuff will stick to your racket in a hurry. I had that happen a lot in Iraq when I was in a lot of Army camps there. Part of the problem is the stuff on the bat and a lot of the problem is the ball.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well I put the Sigmas on a Xiom Diva today and gave the blade to my dad to play with it. Like always, after 15 min my Tenergy has 0 grip but the Sigma II kept it's grip till the end of the session. So It's not humidity :/

If it starts out, at the beginning of your session where it is gripping and then 15 minutes later it is not, then these guys are right: it is either that you need to clean your racket better every few minutes, or that it is too humid where you are playing, or both.

I don't love the breathe on the racket and then wipe it off technique. I don't think that works well enough for me. I have a sponge that is damp and I clean my rubber thoroughly every 5-10 minutes.