Upgrade from Stiga OC to Stiga clipper? Rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello all!

I’ve played with the Stiga OC paired with Tenergy 05fx on both sides for about a year and I feel it’s a bit to slow for me at the moment. My coach thinks I should upgrade to a carbon blade but I’m sceptical since I think that’s to fast for me.

I’ve considered the Clipper with Tenergy 05 on FH and Fx on BH. I’m a somewhat offensive player mostly blocking with backhand and looping with forehand. Would this be a good “middle path” before I get a carbon blade?

Best regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello all!

I’ve played with the Stiga OC paired with Tenergy 05fx on both sides for about a year and I feel it’s a bit to slow for me at the moment. My coach thinks I should upgrade to a carbon blade but I’m sceptical since I think that’s to fast for me.

I’ve considered the Clipper with Tenergy 05 on FH and Fx on BH. I’m a somewhat offensive player mostly blocking with backhand and looping with forehand. Would this be a good “middle path” before I get a carbon blade?

Best regards
I would not get carbon. If you like Stiga OC with Tenergy 05fx, then keep the blade and yes to upgrading T05 on both sides. Don't introduce too many variables at once. It is not good for your game. If you like 05 fx, I am sure you will love 05 regular.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I recommend getting a faster 5 ply wood like Infinity VPS or Intensity NCT if you're trying to get an upgraded OC, Clipper is 7 ply and behaves fairly differently than OC.