Sanwei Table Tennis Blade Handle Design Competition

This user has no status.
Unleash Your Creativity, Grip the Future
Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you an artist with a flair for design? SANWEI invites you to showcase your talent in our Table Tennis Blade Handle Design Competition!

As a leading name in table tennis equipment, SANWEI is dedicated to pushing boundaries and setting new standards. Now, we’re searching for the next groundbreaking design that will revolutionize how players experience the game.

Why Participate?
Opportunity: Your design could become the latest addition to SANWEI’s prestigious lineup, reaching players worldwide.
Recognition: Gain exposure and recognition in the table tennis community, with your name associated with cutting-edge innovation.
Prizes:
First place will receive a new blade made from your handle design!
Second place gets a 10 USD coupon
Third place gets a 5 USD coupon

Guidelines:
Innovation: Think outside the box. We’re looking for designs that push the limits and redefine what a table tennis blade handle can be.
Functionality: Your design should not only be visually stunning but also to be able to make it
Sustainability: We encourage environmentally friendly designs that minimize waste and promote sustainability.
How to Enter:
Design Submission: Submit your design and a brief explanation of your inspiration to our website, by Apr 30.
Evaluation: We’ll take the number of likes on social media plus the votes on the official page to arrive at the final rankings
Announcement: Winners will be announced on May 10 via our website and social media platforms.
Join the Competition Today!
Whether you’re a seasoned designer or a newcomer with a bold idea, this is your chance to leave your mark on the world of table tennis. Join the SANWEI Table Tennis Blade Handle Design Competition and let your creativity soar!

For more information and updates, visit our
official page or follow us on ins.

Feel free to adjust any details to fit your specific competition requirements. Good luck with your event!

How to Design Your Handle
Below are the design files for our table tennis blade handle design competition, you can unleash your inspiration with the specifications below!
Click here to download
手柄设计大赛_PicCopilot_44372_副本.png.jpg

Follow us👇
🔵Facebook 🔴Instagram 🔷X 💠Website 🔺YouTube

This user has no status.
Nice initiative, I'm not good at design but one thing I may suggest by experience is the following story. My buddy is an old man with some movement impairment. He cannot make big swings and wide movement with his arm or wrist. He uses LP on backhand and soft inverted on forehand. One thing he does to all his blades is an extension of the handle (ST handle). 1-2 cm with something light. This longer handle allows him for extra spin that otherwise he wouldn't be able to generate. Not really a stunning design but definitely a smart use of the laws of physics.

Reactions: kindof99
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
how stiff is this blade? is it a brick or does it have some feeling while looping?
Feeeelings are always difficult to describe.
You will get plenty of the feel but it is definitely not a brick either.
But wait : "there is more" !!
This Sanwei blade might not even be made by Sanwei !!!!
This blade actually comes in 2 VERSIONS
Version 1 Outer carbon
Version 2 Inner carbon
😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

NO !!! Sanwei can not tell me anything about it
NO !!! The sellers don't know either

I ended up buying an outer blade but then got delivered an Inner layer blade, lucky me, because i love the little beasty.
I ride it with Rxton3 Pro on the FH and unboosted commercial H3 on the BH. ( the old sticky kind, great for blocking, control and BH-flicks.)

This user has no status.
BTW as an engineer I would expect the handle to be designed together with the rest of the blade. I mean, it must be of a weight and a shape that moves the center of mass in the middle of the sweet spot. The sweet spot itself depends on the composition and the shape of the blade. Perhaps for the contest we can assume a classic sized and shaped blade, but honestly I have in my mind since quite long time a blade with diamond shape like in padel. That would be quite head heavy, with a wide sweet spot very close to the upper edge. In that case, a longer ST handle can actually maximize momentum as the contact must happen very close to the upper edge and also such edge will be the widest part of the blade. Being the widest part also helps defensive game as this kind of game looks for wider blades (I remember James Z proposing a squared blade that I would likely use for baking pizza into a stove). The extreme head heavyness of a diamond shape supports well a heavier handle and if the diamond-shaped head is too heavy, that is even better because I had in mind handles made with epoxy. Now imagine a handle made of wood inside and epoxy outside so that you can create some sort of wood sculpture, have it painted and then sink it into epoxy. Like a handle with DNA helix inside or a handle with Star Wars miniatures inside. Or maybe a fluid that makes weird light effects. More ideas, a fluid and a moving weight inside for dynamic regulation of center of mass. I also have 3D printing in mind, but can't focus on a creative idea at the moment. I mean designing a handle shape is the less creative part. Is the entire system that should be designed as a whole.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
We have gathered some exciting designs, and now it's your turn to choose your favorite! Visit our website at https://sanweisport.com/en/vote-for-your-favorite-handle-design/ and cast your vote for the handle design you love the most.

Each design is crafted with precision and passion. Your vote will help us decide which design to bring to life, shaping the future of our product. We value your input and look forward to seeing which designs resonate the most with our community.

Don't miss this chance to have your say in creating our next standout handle design. Head over to our site, explore the options, and let your voice be heard. Thank you for being an essential part of the SANWEI family!

Designs are still being collected! Your submissions are welcome, let us know your genius design!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The following are some design ideas and introductions:

9F6E7F4B-93A6-4790-8A3B-699F18018ED7.jpeg

OX is part of the table tennis vocabulary almost since the beginning. The first rackets had no sponge, and later, when they appeared, OX become the way to differentiate both; a gathering between power and control.

Seems like magic that after many years, this basic combination of blade and top sheet steel making problems to the opponents; OX is a symbol of simplicity.

In the same way, this design plays with clear forms that shows this letters OX involving in the handle of the blade from both sides, with a basic black background representing the past and a futuristic green-blue color showing that OX is also the future.

The color of the OX is the same used in the design of the DZ rubber from the brand. Coincidence? I don’t think so. DZ will be the best combination for OX.

The change of the position in the brand from the bottom to the front, in a silver black plastic, reinforce the feeling of future and, at the same time, challenges the opponent facing him. The form of the circule with Sanwei inside reminds a window in a spacecraft showing that in the heart of the blade is Sanwei.

Sanwei OX, sound nice, isn’t it?

This user has no status.
sanwei design.jpg

My design consists of a handle made of 3 different woods without stain keeping it classic and environmentally friendly, one inlay is the target logo with 3 stripes, and another inlay with an arrow complementing the bullseye. The Logo must be a classic transparent lens for durability (plastic and metal tags get erased with friction and sweat).

This user has no status.
Sanwei-TT-Blade-Handle-Ian-Wall.jpg

The handle trim is made up of red and yellow, the vivid colours that represent China, the greatest table tennis nation on Earth and the home of SANWEI Sport.

The core layers have holes drilled through, making the blade more lightweight. The hollowed out handle contains a polyurethane material filled with pressurised air, and forms the large lens emblazoned with the SANWEI logo. The air bubble technology reduces vibration and weight, whilst providing improved grip. The translucency also gives the handle a cool and striking look. As an alternative, the handle base colour could be a darker shade, decorated with an ornate gold dragon design. Now the look is very inspired by China!

This user has no status.
Sanwei-Handle-Design-Brad-Stark.jpg

Using a blade with a proper hardwood handle provides a very unique table tennis experience, like using perfectly crafted furniture, or grasping a fine instrument. Tobacco Pipe Manufacturers exclusively use Briar Burl because of its natural flame resistant properties, and hardness, though they are not able to use all of their ordered stock due to inconstancies in grain, and unforeseen cracks. This often results in either disposing of the unvalued specimen, leading to waste in an otherwise sustainable source. I propose that these manufactures be contacted in order to acquire their unusable briar stock, and use that to fashion book matched blade handles. It takes less material volume to produce a blade handle over a tobacco pipe, and this burl would lend itself to making each handle “One-of-a-Kind”.

The specific design of this handle utilizes a taper, not only in the typical flared direction of the handle, but also on the top and bottom of the handle itself, leading to a more ergonomic feel, while also giving a “point” at the bevel to allow for heavy flick movement and hand security.

This user has no status.
ttracket-Layout green.jpgttracket-Layout grey.jpgttracket-Layout_.jpg
The design draws inspiration from the iconic Maximus Gladiator Helmet of Ancient Rome, imbuing it with a modern twist that resonates with both history and contemporary style. The helmet, renowned for its imposing presence and formidable protection, serves as a symbol of strength, resilience, and the indomitable spirit of the warrior.

Central to the design is the trident motif, meticulously crafted to embody a fusion of elegance and functionality. Each prong of the trident symbolizes a facet of the wearer's identity, while collectively representing a harmonious convergence of traits. The trident holds a deeper significance, ingeniously intertwining with my initials, UI.

In essence, the design transcends mere aesthetic appeal, evoking a profound connection to history, identity, and personal symbolism. It stands as a testament to the timeless allure of classical motifs and the endless possibilities for reinterpretation in contemporary contexts.