Saudi Smash 2024

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Would've happened sooner or later. Now who's blaming everyone else but CCY for his own ranking here?

Jan 2018
Achanta dumped 2 of 3 match points into the net.

Will be a miracle for Aruna to reach the QF playing like this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Achanta dumped 2 of 3 match points into the net.
Yeah but Quadri served to a location with deception that he wasn't expecting. Mr Forehand is a smarter player than people give him credit for. Even the last thirdball was immaculate, that was probably the first time he took that shot the whole match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Don't let that matchball highlight be your main impression of the match, Drinkhall lost the first game but dominated the match.
I watched both matches while they were happening live and I've never seen Drinkhall look better! Even the donkey by Pistej was a good lob right to the end corner of the table and not that easy of a play to make. It was just a bit interesting to see two matches won byhim due to large opponent mistakes on the same day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Miwa v. Szocs and Hirano v. Chen Meng in R16
Winners meet in Quarterfinals

Wang Yidi v. Yang Xiaoxin and Ito v. SYB in R16
Winners also meet in Quarters.
In the same quarter, Kihara and Nagasaki to meet in R64.
Winners meet SYB in R32.
Miwa has to play Akula in the R32 and that's not a done deal at all.
Jieni says y'all forgot about me!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Jan 2018
Why should we, he isn't being hyped up as some terminator who the Chinese are quaking in their boots at facing and should be playing ahead of LYJ...
I don't know. Toriola hyped him up at WTTC 2024.

https://von.gov.ng/busan-2024-african-teams-suffer-defeats-in-opening-round/
“I am aware that the Japanese are afraid of Aruna and their coaching crew have been worried about their formation of their team,” former African champion Toriola said.

“But when the news filtered that Aruna would not be coming, they were a bit relieved that they have a bye to the next game. But we can give up even though it is a big blow to the team here in Korea and we will not give up hoping that we can progress from the group.”

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Jieni says y'all forgot about me!
What on earth was that crazy backhand serve she does from the far FH corner? Great weapon to break out at deuce.

Is it just a weird tomahawk serve? Sometimes it looks like she's hitting the BH part of the rubber with it, sometime it looks like it's the FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
What on earth was that crazy backhand serve she does from the far FH corner? Great weapon to break out at deuce.

Is it just a weird tomahawk serve? Sometimes it looks like she's hitting the BH part of the rubber with it, sometime it looks like it's the FH?
Yeah, she has this reverse tomahawk with side swiping action that can give her opponent trouble.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Pretty much the Ding Ning serve, but she can serve straight heavy backspin out of it with a different swing to the short righty backhand as a changeup that was very effective. That straight backspin won her a few points at crucial moments.
Yeah, she has this reverse tomahawk with side swiping action that can give her opponent trouble.

Jan 2018
And Kallberg never disappoints, yet again.

Sabrina Surjan, however, had little (no)problems with it. She lost the match due to individual mistakes while countering.