Why no one plays Butterfly Tamca 5000 blades

This user has no status.
I was just generally wondering about this specific carbon of Butterfly. There aren't many blades with it anymore but I feel like its also never been very popular. Does anyone have experience playing it and knows where it lies compared to the more common ALC, ZLC, superZLC blades? How hard is the feeling of hitting the ball, trajectory, etc.?
Thanks in advance :)

This user has no status.
I've been using one since January and I absolutely love it.
but yes, its not for beginners.

I practice a lot and i love the feeling, i have a lot of control with it, its so easy to play a step away from the table with it. For the short game, I am now with Dignics, and i think its easy to do every shot and get enough power even with short stroke and/or relaxed swing.

my path was Tibhar IVL > Korbel (10Y+) > Acoustic Inner (5Y ?) > MK Carbon (1Y) > ZJK Tamca 5000 (this year)

I don't think i will ever change my setup unless i do something radically different (like play with pips)

PS. i didn't intend to change from MK Carbon (+ Hybrid MK +K3) but one day i forgot my racket, and somebody kindly let me play with this setup. I loved it so I bought the same.
I changed to Dignics because hey, why not an all-Butterfly compared to an all-Tibhar
I think D80 and K3 are rather similar. but D05 is definitely faster and spinnier than the Hybrid MK

In retrospect it was good for me to go to Tibhar and in particular the Hybrid MK because it forced me to correct my FH technique with a slower rubber and use more my body, but once that was corrected, i could enjoy better a faster rubber.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koichi and Lazer
I've been using one since January and I absolutely love it.
but yes, its not for beginners.

I practice a lot and i love the feeling, i have a lot of control with it, its so easy to play a step away from the table with it. For the short game, I am now with Dignics, and i think its easy to do every shot and get enough power even with short stroke and/or relaxed swing.

my path was Tibhar IVL > Korbel (10Y+) > Acoustic Inner (5Y ?) > MK Carbon (1Y) > ZJK Tamca 5000 (this year)

I don't think i will ever change my setup unless i do something radically different (like play with pips)

PS. i didn't intend to change from MK Carbon (+ Hybrid MK +K3) but one day i forgot my racket, and somebody kindly let me play with this setup. I loved it so I bought the same.
I changed to Dignics because hey, why not an all-Butterfly compared to an all-Tibhar
I think D80 and K3 are rather similar. but D05 is definitely faster and spinnier than the Hybrid MK

In retrospect it was good for me to go to Tibhar and in particular the Hybrid MK because it forced me to correct my FH technique with a slower rubber and use more my body, but once that was corrected, i could enjoy better a faster rubber.
I’m on the same journey right now, a few stations behind 😃
Just starting to go forward…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
I'll tell you one secret, my short game was better when I was using Gergely or Zetro Quad than my short game with Loki V5. So, faster blade doesn't always mean bad for short game. That's my conclusion so far.
I don't use Gergely because the handle pisses me off and I hit the table with my Zetro, causing a big dent on it.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Tampa 5000 is very stiff and hard compared to the ALC or ZlC composites, that is why you don't see it used as often. Most people who like the T5000 blades but are looping focused would do better with an SZLC or now SALC blade. Of course the cost difference might discourage them, but the difference in arc and feeling would be pronounced.

The main potential exception are Hinoki-Carbon blades but that said, even the Amultart or Ioliite or have their place (Garaydia ZLC or ALC) or ZetroQuad which i do nor believe is pure Carbon. But the T5000 blades like Primorac/Gergely/Sardius or even the series from Xiom with Ignito, Axelo and Stratos or the Donic Carbospeed have their place.

All in all, use what you like, but someone who likes to loop but uses fast blades will find a significant improvement with faster composites like SZLC or SALC when playing tricky balls vs the very hard and pinging contact of the T5000, the only potential exception being Hinoki Carbon.

PS: while it pinged, I really liked some of the lighter and slower Innerforce T5000s but you won't see them today. Not great for rally topspin but good for slow topspin and excellent for smashing

Last edited:
I'll tell you one secret, my short game was better when I was using Gergely or Zetro Quad than my short game with Loki V5. So, faster blade doesn't always mean bad for short game. That's my conclusion so far.
I don't use Gergely because the handle pisses me off and I hit the table with my Zetro, causing a big dent on it.
It has something to do with the rubber to.

For me it was Tenergy05 together with an SDC blade. Fantastic a little bit behind the table but horrible in the slow short game. The bottom line was that I lost more than I gained.

So I went back to an all+ blade and H3.
A game changer, and now I’m going forward but very slow.

Cheers
L-zr

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Makes sense given that stiff and soft is the most ideal combination of attributes for a predictable, stable and linear behaving blade.

Reactions: NextLevel
I played with a Gergely Tamca 5000 in my last years of training, just before I reached my highest level. That was then, for my level, actually too fast but for making topspin balls with an old-fashioned arm-swing (start low, finish high) and far from the table, it was great.

This user has no status.
I played with a Gergely Tamca 5000 in my last years of training, just before I reached my highest level. That was then, for my level, actually too fast but for making topspin balls with an old-fashioned arm-swing (start low, finish high) and far from the table, it was great.
I used to own a Gergely Tamca 5000. It is a blocking (and looping) monster. It is great for attacking from any distance. It requires regular practice to tame/control attacking shots but I agree that it has a reasonably friendly-to-use short game. After coming back from a long lay-off it was too much to handle, so I sold mine (regrettably, since I am now playing regularly again).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I used to own a Gergely Tamca 5000. It is a blocking (and looping) monster. It is great for attacking from any distance. It requires regular practice to tame/control attacking shots but I agree that it has a reasonably friendly-to-use short game. After coming back from a long lay-off it was too much to handle, so I sold mine (regrettably, since I am now playing regularly again).
Truly regrettably.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
The amount of people here that use Tamca 5000 blades is insane. Usually they can't afford it so they buy Donic Carbospeed.

But 10/10 times if they could, they'd get a primorac/sardius/gergely. Its very easy to create pace with it and they love hitting through the blade. Often during flat hits or loop drives.

You'll also see them with pips ofc.

Indeed, I unfortunately sold mine too, years ago.