Tips for a good BH rubber

This user has no status.
Hey tters

yesterday i played my first tournament this year.
i played with an off+ frame and a sriver L on bots sides
the problem is that i cant make a good BH loop with it
BH normally is good from me but i cant get it over the net.
do you have any tips for me what should be a good BH rubber for looping and flicking.
my forhand was good.

i heared the mark v is a good choice for combine with sriver

what you think?

Reactions: josephluck
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Hey tters

yesterday i played my first tournament this year.
i played with an off+ frame and a sriver L on bots sides
the problem is that i cant make a good BH loop with it
BH normally is good from me but i cant get it over the net.
do you have any tips for me what should be a good BH rubber for looping and flicking.
my forhand was good.

i heared the mark v is a good choice for combine with sriver

what you think?

I'm not sure what your level is but sriver and mark V are both versatile rubbers. You get what you put in with them, and they are perfect for grooving a solid technique with before moving to faster rubbers.

If you are struggling with a backhand rubber for looping with, a step up to a tensor rubber might do the trick if you feel sriver is too slow

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Something with a little more bite would be a good suggestion, step the reactiveness and speed up a little from Sriver. You could look at something like Donic Bluefire M3 or Acuda S3, maybe Rakza 7. These rubbers are a little softer but with good speed so you maintain good control while achieving greater speed and spin on your strokes.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think knowing your overall level would help but I also think racket and blade should be considered in combination.

Just an idea.

If your blade is Off+ then it is pretty fast. That works for some. But your rubbers are slow and don't grab the ball that hard and that combined with your blade being fast will make that a pretty hard combination to use especially for the backhand.

You would probably be helped out a lot if you make your blade slower and your rubbers faster and spinnier.

An example would be a Stiga Offensive Classic with a rubber like Tibhar Aurus, Xiom Vega Pro or Tibhar Evolution MX-S or FX-P.

The overall setup would be close to the same speed but you would get way more dwell time from the blade for more spin and control and so much more grab and spin from the rubber that the overall speed would be the same but the amount of control and spin would be way better. That would make topspinning the ball agains heavier pushes work much more effectively.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletennis11.com
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well I looked and it says your blade is a Stiga Clipper. Is that right? That is an Off blade rather than an Off+ blade but it is a fast enough blade that something like the Offensive Classic or a Nexy Kim Jung Hoon blade would probably be a better fit and then making the rubbers faster and spinnier like the ones I listed above would make more sense than the ones you are using.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

Last edited: