Rubber recomnendation (and advice)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
So, I haven't been playing for 25-ish years. Maybe 5 years ago I got a new setup but it has been lying around since (played maybe 3-4 sessions with it).

Let me start by saying that in my active days I was using Sriver FX on both sides on a Tibhar Samsonov blade (could've been a Samsonov Start, not sure anymore).

Currently I have DHS H3 (orange sponge) on FH and Andro Plasma 430 on BH on an Andro CS V Off- blade. And after a few sessions I just can't get the hang of the H3 rubber. It feels too hard, when I drop the ball on it it doesn't bounce at all, I even thought I may have gotten a fake version. I can get some spin with it, but I feel like I don't know how to utilize it, and I'm sure it's also about my skill which I need to improve.

Long story short, I'm looking to get something which resembles more my old setup, having in mind that I will need to work more to get back in shape. So I need advice from you good folks.

I was thinking of:

Yasaka Sweden Extra (too slow?) or
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (too fast for my level of play?)
Donic Persson Seven
Yasaka Falck W7

FH options:
Yasaka Rakza Z, X, 7 or 9
Nittaku Hammond Z2
Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Donic Bluestorm/Bluefire (maybe, don't know much abou those)

BH options:
Same Rakza options as mentioned above, only maybe soft variants?
Fastarc G-1
Maybe even keep the Andro Plasma?

Also, I was thinking of going with max on FH and 2.0 on BH, since I tend to compromise on BH in favor on FH and I'm aware that my BH needs much more work at the moment.

Feel free to recommend other equipment in addition to these mentioned.

What I'm looking for basically is a setup that allows me to play offensive but that is at the same time forgiving enough to suit my current level of play.

Hope this wasn't too much information, I'd really appreciate your input because my newly rediscovered love for TT made me hyped again like a rookie :) Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
The Sriver wasn't speedglued nor boosted. Somewhere I read that the Srivers are now obsolete with modern rubbers being better in every aspect, so I was thinking of going with something newer, but I wouldn't want to go with a too slow nor too fast setup because I will need some time to get back in form.

Based on my research I think I'm closest to getting some Rakza, or Fastarc G-1/Rakza combination, but wanted to hear your recommendations too.

I played with Fastarc G-1 a few days ago in my club, only short though but it seems pretty good. How do you compare the G-1 with Rakza 7 and Hammond Z2?

Reactions: PaddyPolar
If you feel ok with G1, go for it.

When I re-started 2,5 years ago, even the Vega series was too much on my old Primorac. It wasn’t the tempo, it was the bouncing I couldn’t handle.
For me, Xiom Omega was better. And later I moved to the Chinese Rubber (boosted of course).