Tin-Tin Ho ..

Wales
Charlotte Carey

USA
Yue Wu #13 seed
Lily Zhang #31 seed

Janard
02-11-2019, 01:54 PM
For me, I will be interested to watch Liu Shiwen take on the entire Japanese Tier 2 National Team (Sato Hitomi, Shibata Saki, Hashimoto Honoka, Hina Hayata, Kato Miyu, Odo Satsuki, Mori Sakura) which is almost like a repeat of Thailand Open 2018. Not sure if LSW's colleagues will be able to stop any of the aforementioned but Hu Limei, Li Jiayuan, Zhang Binyue and Yang Huijing might prove helpful.

On the men's side, I'm actually rooting for Samsonov to win. Ovidiu Ionescu is a wildcard IMO too.

Vlad Celler
02-11-2019, 02:34 PM
It was curious to see Liu Shiwen - Hayata Hina in the final ...Unfortunately, the probability of this is very small ...

Vlad Celler
02-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Main Draw published ...
Already in R-16, Liu Shiwen and Hayata Hina can meet theoretically .....

Janard
02-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Main Draw published ...
Already in R-16, Liu Shiwen and Hayata Hina can meet theoretically .....

Yes, I imagine this would be a watershed moment (if it does happen) for both players ahead of the upcoming WTTC. LSW who is trying to regain her form/confidence and Hayata eager to perform and prove that she is of Tier 1 calibre.

Loopadoop
02-13-2019, 12:42 AM
Noted entries men
China 15
Japan 7

Noted entries female
China 11
Japan 10

Vlad Celler
02-13-2019, 03:35 AM
Yes, I imagine this would be a watershed moment (if it does happen) for both players ahead of the upcoming WTTC. LSW who is trying to regain her form/confidence and Hayata eager to perform and prove that she is of Tier 1 calibre.

I agree...
Hayata Hina has a bad position in the current ITTF ranking ...And noticeable deductions of old bonuses for March 2018 are coming ahead ...In the ranking of the rating for April 2019,she may be in the 5-th ten ....
As part of the women's team of Japan in Qatar Open it is not yet ....

jawien
02-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Just having one eye on the Portugal Open, Gavin Rumgay table two to be staged. Wasn't he in the "Ping Pong" business too, last or this year?

FruitLoop
02-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Just having one eye on the Portugal Open, Gavin Rumgay table two to be staged. Wasn't he in the "Ping Pong" business too, last or this year?

He enters the world series of ping pong almost every year. Takes a bit of time out for it. Same for Andrew Baggaley who also plays ITTF events.

NDH
02-13-2019, 02:40 PM
He enters the world series of ping pong almost every year. Takes a bit of time out for it. Same for Andrew Baggaley who also plays ITTF events.

This is quite a fun article for anyone interested in Rumgay:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/45466852

jawien
02-13-2019, 02:42 PM

I think Andrew will take even bigger bit next time. Congrats to him btw! : ) Gavin have lost unfortunately.

jawien
02-13-2019, 03:18 PM
I checked it out of the curiosity, to see how the Chinese players are performing against the rest of the World in the preliminaries (don't know really why I've chosen the CNT ; ) So far they seem to be doing ok, they are winning probably about 23 to nada/null/zip/niente/0 ... :confused:

Loopadoop
02-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Update

1st day .. singles .. China 32 vs 0 Rest of the world ..

jawien
02-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Last men standing PENG Wang-Wei TPE have just lost to YU Heyi CHN 2:4, so for the day 1 lets admit that Chinese players won it this time, no convincingly imho, but yeah ... they won ... ; )

lukyancheg
02-13-2019, 07:19 PM
UPD:

the Chinese have just lost the first match of the tournament.

WD Preliminary Round 1 KUAI Man / WU Yangchen CHN - HUANG Hsin / HUANG Yu-Chiao TPE 1:3

Congrats rest of world! ))

usualsuspect
02-13-2019, 08:39 PM
Who are all these Chinese players? I haven't heard most of them, and I watch a lot of Chinese Super League.
Anyways, I'm interested to see how Lin Gaoyuan, Liang Jingkun, and Wang Chuqin perform in the main draw. Idk why Lin Gaoyuan and Liu Shiwen even bothered entering this tournament. Their rankings are definitely high enough already.

jawien
02-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Who are all these Chinese players? I haven't heard most of them, and I watch a lot of Chinese Super League.
Anyways, I'm interested to see how Lin Gaoyuan, Liang Jingkun, and Wang Chuqin perform in the main draw. Idk why Lin Gaoyuan and Liu Shiwen even bothered entering this tournament. Their rankings are definitely high enough already.

Myabe it's calculated in the context of their future schedule?

Loopadoop
02-13-2019, 11:13 PM
Aspiring CNT children from Junior High Schools ?

Janard
02-14-2019, 12:38 AM

Not sure about LGY, LJK and WCQ but LSW chose to remain in this Challenge after her colleagues (Chen Meng, Wang Manyu) withdrew because she wants to build up her confidence again after not winning a title for almost six months. Aside from a stagnant international performance for the second half of 2018, she didn't do very well in the recently concluded Chinese TT Super League either which is supposed to be her forte.

mart1nandersson
02-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Truls made it into the main competition. It'll be exciting to see how he performs.

JesperStef
02-14-2019, 09:25 PM
Top 16 seeded players

Men's Singles

01) Lin Gaoyuan
02) Jonathan Groth
03) Liang Jingkun
04) Vladimir Samsonov
05) Quadri Aruna
06) Daniel Habesohn
07) Ovidiu Ionescu
08) Omar Assar
09) Stefan Fegerl
10) Lubomir Pistej
11) Mihai Bobocica
12) Eric Jouti
13) Lubomir Jancarik
14) Hunor Szocs
15) Wang Chuqin
16) Marcelo Aguirre

Women's Singles

01) Liu Shiwen
02) Hitomi Sato
03) Saki Shibata
04) Elisabeta Samara
05) Miyu Kato
06) Honoka Hashimoto
07) Shan Xiaona, GER
08) Georgina Pota
09) Minnie Soo Wai Yam
10) Britt Eerland
11) Hina Hayata
12) Ng Wing Nam
13) Wu Yue, USA
14) Dina Meshref
15) Natalia Partyka
16) Sabine Winter

Source: https://www.ittf.com/tournament/5014/2019/ittf-challenge-portugal-open/

FruitLoop
02-14-2019, 11:21 PM
Wang Chuqin 15th seed, in after Hunor Szocs. Lol.

FruitLoop
02-14-2019, 11:25 PM
Truls made it into the main competition. It'll be exciting to see how he performs.

As did Sidorenko and Sipos Rares, so 3 of top 5 juniors from Europe last year. Unfortunately Pletea ran into China.

Janard
02-15-2019, 12:14 AM
Men's Singles Round of 64

1st Quarter

Lin Gaoyuan – David Serdaroglu
Joao Geraldo – Tobias Hippler
Alexander Shibaev – Sun Wen
Eric Joulti – Truls Moregard
Mihai Bobocica – Yu Heyi
Pavel Sirucek – Carlos Machado
Andreas Levenko – Simon Soderlund
Quadri Aruna – Sadi Ismailov

2nd Quarter

Daniel Habesohn – Alek Tiutriumov
Martin Allegro – Amalraj Anthony
Pavel Platonov – Cao Wei
Marcelo Aguirre – Xu Yingbin
Masaki Takami – Lubomir Jancarik
Deni Kozul – David Reitspies
Tom Jarvis – Robin Devos
Diogo Silva – Vladmir Samsonov

3rd Quarter

Liang Jingkun – Vladimir Sidorenko
Elias Ranefur – Florent Lambiet
Bence Majoros – Wisutmaythang
Andre Silva – Wang Chuqin
Qiu Dang – Lubomir Pistej
Alberto Mino – Sai Linwei
Paul Drinkhall – Niu Guankai
Ovidiu Ionescu – Steffen Mengel

4th Quarter

Omar Assar – Xiang Peng
Nandor Ecseki – Xu Haidong
Diogo Carvalho – Yukiya Uda
Stefan Fegerl – Zhang Yudong
Hunor Szocs – Alek Jarakasevic
Rares Sipos – Harmeet Desai
Alexey Liventsov – Liu Yebo
Jonathan Groth – Shunsuke Togami

Women's Singles Round of 64

1st Quarter

Liu Shiwen – Madhurika Patkar
Shao Jieni – Archana Kamath
Liu Jia – Dodea Monteiro
Hina Hayata – Chantal Mantz
Ng Wing Nam – Huang Hsin
Yana Noskova – Zhang Binyue
Soma Yumeno – Szandra Pergel
Pota Georgina – Lin Chia-Hsuan

2nd Quarter

Hu Limei – Shan Xiaona
Stephanie Loeuilette – Huang Yingqi
Dora Madarasz – Kuai Man
Britt Eerland – Andrea Todorovic
Sabine Winter – Su Pei-ling
Irina Ciobanu – Linda Bergstrom
Lily Zhang – Val Scherbatykh
Saki Shibata – Kim Vermaas

3rd Quarter

Elizabeta Samara – Haruna Ojio
Nadia Bogdanova – Rachel Moret
Olga Vorobeva – Li Jiayuan
Ayami Narumoto – Wu Yue
Minnie Soo – Daria Trigolos
Adina Diaconu – Debora Vivarelli
Dana Cechova – Wu Yangchen
Miyu Kato – Laura Gasnier

4th Quarter

Honoka Hashimoto – Liu Yangzi
Mariia Tailakova – Chen Yi
Ganna Gaponova – Krittwika Roy
Natalia Bajor – Dina Mashref
Natalia Partyka – Fan Siqi
Guo Yuhan – Bruna Takahashi
Satsuki Odo – Ma Wenting
Tatiana Kukulkova – Hitomi Sato

Lightzy
02-15-2019, 12:41 AM
When does it start

drunix80
02-15-2019, 02:23 AM
Will be keeping an eye on Sun Wen from CNT. He did exceptionally well in Chinese Super League.

jawien
02-15-2019, 11:22 AM
LIU Shiwen vs PATKAR Madhurika - 11:3 11:4 11:2 11:2.

Yep, she's on fire!

Janard
02-15-2019, 01:25 PM
LIU Shiwen vs PATKAR Madhurika - 11:3 11:4 11:2 11:2.

Yep, she's on fire!

Both players were faulted for service but I didn't quite understand why from the umpire's gestures. He seemed to suggest that LSW threw the ball backwards instead of vertically up? Interesting, because I always felt LSW's services were among the most 'legit'.

Janard
02-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Men's Singles Round of 32

1st Quarter

Lin Gaoyuan – Joao Geraldo
Truls Moregard – Sun Wen
Mihai Bobocica – Pavel Sirucek
Simon Soderlund – Quadri Aruna

2nd Quarter

Daniel Habesohn – Amalraj Anthony
Pavel Platonov – Xu Yingbin
Masaki Takami – Deni Kozul
Tom Jarvis – Vladmir Samsonov

3rd Quarter

Liang Jingkun – Elias Ranefur
Wisutmaythang – Wang Chuqin
Qiu Dang – Mino Alberto
Niu Guankai – Ovidiu Ionescu

4th Quarter

Omar Assar – Xu Haidong
Zhang Yudong – Uda Yukiya
Hunor Szocs – Harmeet Desai
Togami Shunsuke – Liu Yebo

Women's Singles Round of 32

1st Quarter

Liu Shiwen – Shao Jieni
Liu Jia – Hina Hayata
Huang Hsin – Yana Noskova
Soma Yumeno – Pota Georgina

2nd Quarter

Hu Limei – Huang Yingqi
Kuai Man – Britt Eerland
Su Pei-ling – Linda Bergstrom
Lily Zhang – Saki Shibata

3rd Quarter

Elizabeta Samara – Nadia Bogdanova
Li Jiayuan – Ayami Narumoto
Minnie Soo – Adina Diaconu
Wu Yangchen – Miyu Kato

4th Quarter

Honoka Hashimoto – Chen Yi
Ganna Gaponova – Natalia Bajor
Fan Siqi – Guo Yuhan
Satsuki Odo – Hitomi Sato

jawien
02-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Both players were faulted for service but I didn't quite understand why from the umpire's gestures. He seemed to suggest that LSW threw the ball backwards instead of vertically up? Interesting, because I always felt LSW's services were among the most 'legit'.

Yeah, I would say the judge was quite picky ...

NextLevel
02-15-2019, 07:00 PM
Does anyone hit the ball harder than Ionescu?

usualsuspect
02-15-2019, 08:55 PM

Mattias Falck? Hugo Calderano? FZD? Wang Chuqin? Liang Jingkun?

jawien
02-15-2019, 08:56 PM

... looks like he got his silver for a reason, last years European Champs. Too bad he lost that tight match with Niu Guanaki.
Btw, who puts Lin Gaoyuan vs Truls Moregard on a third, not streamed table .. ? Jeeez such an interesting matchup.

mart1nandersson
02-15-2019, 09:43 PM
... looks like he got his silver for a reason, last years European Champs. Too bad he lost that tight match with Niu Guanaki.
Btw, who puts Lin Gaoyuan vs Truls Moregard on a third, not streamed table .. ? Jeeez such an interesting matchup.

I really hope that Truls does well. Especially since he’s dropped out of school and gone all in on TT. It’s amazing as a 40 year old to get a new idol ;) The first Swedish player since Peter Karlsson that I really have big hopes for.

jawien
02-15-2019, 10:30 PM
I really hope that Truls does well. Especially since he’s dropped out of school and gone all in on TT. It’s amazing as a 40 year old to get a new idol ;) The first Swedish player since Peter Karlsson that I really have big hopes for.

Exactly the same here ; ) Yes Truls is still very promising, makes sense for him to go the sport route. Don't want to say too much, but you have a talent like Persson or Jan possibly, he has a very interesting game. Hard task tomorrow though ...

Lightzy
02-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Aaaand Liu Shiwen is the boss.
Destroying her competition in a way that to mortals just looks impossible. How does she get so much spin with such tiny motions? How is she always in the right place at the right time? How do all her balls go on the table, even the most illogical and forced ones?
And she's like 30!

jawien
02-15-2019, 11:18 PM
Aaaand Liu Shiwen is the boss.
Destroying her competition in a way that to mortals just looks impossible. How does she get so much spin with such tiny motions? How is she always in the right place at the right time? How do all her balls go on the table, even the most illogical and forced ones?
And she's like 30!

Still 27, though Miss Liu probably feels oldie cause of the CNT's average age ; ) Yeah, she usually takes no prisoners in those early rounds. When you think about her, she had a glamorous career so far, overshadowed maybe by Ding a little. Still there is Budapest and hopefully Tokyo available for her ... I'm feeling these are defining years for her legacy.

Lightzy
02-15-2019, 11:30 PM
Still 27, though miss Liu probably feels oldie cause of the CNT's average age ; ) Yeah, she usually takes no prisoners in those early rounds. When you think about her, she had a glamorous career so far, overshadowed maybe by Ding a little. Still there is Budapest and hopefully Tokyo available for her ... I'm feeling these are defining years for her legacy.

I find I'm half happy to see her play, half sad that a 27 year old woman has no children and family yet.

jawien
02-15-2019, 11:41 PM
I find I'm half happy to see her play, half sad that a 27 year old woman has no children and family yet.

Athletes life ... but 27 is not that bad for today's standards, after Tokyo who knows ...

piligrim
02-16-2019, 12:41 AM
Exactly the same here ; ) Yes Truls is still very promising, makes sense for him to go the sport route. Don't want to say too much, but you have a talent like Persson or Jan possibly, he has a very interesting game. Hard task tomorrow though ...

he has weak nervous system, can't keep calm during the game

NextLevel
02-16-2019, 01:55 AM
Omar Assar is also showing another level. It should not be underestimated.

Janard
02-16-2019, 02:09 AM
Men's Singles Round of 16

1st Quarter

Lin Gaoyuan – Truls Moregard*
Pavel Sirucek – Quadri Aruna

2nd Quarter

Daniel Habesohn – Xu Yingbin
Deni Kozul – Vladmir Samsonov

3rd Quarter

Liang Jingkun – Wang Chuqin*
Qiu Dang – Niu Guankai

4th Quarter

Omar Assar – Uda Yukiya
Hunor Szocs – Liu Yebo

Women's Singles Round of 16

1st Quarter

Liu Shiwen – Hina Hayata*
Huang Hsin – Pota Georgina

2nd Quarter

Hu Limei – Kuai Man
Su Pei-ling – Saki Shibata*

3rd Quarter

Elizabeta Samara – Li Jiayuan
Minnie Soo – Miyu Kato*

4th Quarter

Honoka Hashimoto – Natalia Bajor
Fan Siqi – Hitomi Sato

*interesting matches to watch

PatriciaPinheiro
02-16-2019, 02:13 AM
Athletes life ... but 27 is not that bad for today's standards, after Tokyo who knows ...

[OFF TOPIC] I'm just here to add some perspective that well... ya guys know, many people can seek other paths in life other than "family, kids" and still be pretty happy and fulfilled, even in traditional countries like CHN

I'm not an athlete, just a 29yo biologist and hell, just to think about that marriage and kids stuff I get bad chils, having a partner is different tho hehehe

Don't mind me

Enviado de meu SM-J250Y usando o Tapatalk

Simas
02-16-2019, 08:03 AM

zeio
02-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Still 27, though Miss Liu probably feels oldie cause of the CNT's average age ; ) Yeah, she usually takes no prisoners in those early rounds. When you think about her, she had a glamorous career so far, overshadowed maybe by Ding a little. Still there is Budapest and hopefully Tokyo available for her ... I'm feeling these are defining years for her legacy.

Hilarious responses from the very players.

https://youtu.be/OFTRGCIxMH8?start=81

https://youtu.be/VNUkQIK6zhE?start=121

https://youtu.be/GN7-Uu86CbI?start=579

mart1nandersson
02-16-2019, 10:08 AM

The match has been moved to table 2.

jawien
02-16-2019, 10:14 AM
The match has been moved to table 2.

Good job Portugal :cool: There must be some TTD fans reading us ... I'm "warming" little nice whisky for the match-up .. ; )

Many thanks Mart1nandersson for letting us know!

jawien
02-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Hilarious responses from the very players.

https://youtu.be/OFTRGCIxMH8?start=81

Ha ha Zeio ... yeah I was aware of that interview with your subs ; ) Well but look, Liu has been competing full time in the CNT for about ten years now. Ding was selected over her for the Olympics (twice? even though the last time she was the #1 in the ranking) and she was the runner up in the WTTC twice, not to mention that bizarre and yet outstanding finale 2015 ... I consider her to be the star on par with Li Xiaoxia and Ding Ning, but she's lacking only Tokyo and Budapest (I'll be there cheering for her : ) ... really hope she'll make it just like Ma Long did it in the end.
... and yes JNT wise, your long time - still not retired - Kasumi girl is basically in the Liu's position, even being 2 years younger ; )

jawien
02-16-2019, 10:46 AM
[OFF TOPIC] I'm just here to add some perspective that well... ya guys know, many people can seek other paths in life other than "family, kids" and still be pretty happy and fulfilled, even in traditional countries like CHN

I'm not an athlete, just a 29yo biologist and hell, just to think about that marriage and kids stuff I get bad chils, having a partner is different tho hehehe

Don't mind me

Enviado de meu SM-J250Y usando o Tapatalk

Yeah ... but I really think you should consider it too Patricia - after Tokyo though .... ; )

zeio
02-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Hayata's on fire. So fast on the BH.

6:1 -> 6:8, Hayata fails to adjust, big time. 8:8, 8:9, LSW decided to spot her a point. 9:9, huge BH miss from Hayata! 9:11.

Hayata still not there when it gets tight.

Game 2, 5:8 to 9:8, 9:9, 10:9, 10:10, 12:10. Like Ito and Hirano, Hayata also plays better when behind.

Game 3, 1:6 to 7:6, 7:7, 7:8, 8:8, 8:9(epic LSW!), 9:9, 10:9, 10:10, 10:11, 11:11, 12:11, 12:12, 13:12(epic Hayata!), TO by Ishida. I feel Hayata's placement could use more variations. She's keeping up really well with LSW's speed. High-toss no-spin fooled LSW, 14:12!!!

https://i.imgur.com/iWom2uAh.png

Game 4, Hayata at it again, 1:5, 4:6, 5:6, 6:6, 6:7, 7:7, 7:8, 8:8, 8:9. You can't ease up, Hayata! 9:9, 10:9, 11:9!

https://i.imgur.com/VaWmRbXh.png

Game 5, 3:1, Hayata drops points for no reason. 3:4, 4:4(Hayata's kick serve to LSW's wide FH), 5:4, TO by MLin, 5:5, 5:6, 6:6, 7:8, 7:9, 7:10, 8:10(epic Hayata!), 8:11.

https://i.imgur.com/pFx4Ovuh.png

Game 6, 1:1(that kuai si by Hayata is out of the world), 1:3, 2:4, 5:4, 6:4(god-level Hayata!!!!!), 7:4, 7:5. Don't ease up there, Hayata! 9:5, 10:5, 10:6(LSW's edge shot), 10:7, 10:8(Hayata hesitated with her no-spin serve there), 11:8

https://i.imgur.com/BB00Jthh.png
https://i.imgur.com/52alBffh.jpg

jawien
02-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Yep She has the appetite to seriously challenge Liu ... will see ...

When it get tight she tends to make bad decisins, like this bh 9:8 -> 9:9 (second set).

Hayata feels bit under pressure to go for angles or bigger stroke, because in terms of keeping the ball on the table Liu is better ...

12:11 - 12:12, such a passive stroke play ... quite lucky 13:12, timeout. If Hayata wins the third it'll get very interesting, otherwise I think Liu will prevail.

2:1 - now it's interesting : )

I predict 2:2, as Zeio says, Hayata plays better when behind ...

4th 7:7, Liu's thinking what the heck ... ; )

9:9 -> 10:9, she pulls strawberry! and 11:9 ... 3:1 in sets, wow! :)

3:4 -> 4:4 Hayata scores on serve. Nice one. 5:4 ... timeout Liu ... well, well, well ..

6th lob 5:4 -> 6:4 ... might be deciding ...

10:8 already 3 match points wasted ...

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-16-2019, 11:24 AM
Hayata is really playing very well
She’s really very fast

zeio
02-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Zhong Guo Dui, Jia You!

BlipBlop575
02-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Hayata 3:1 up!

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-16-2019, 11:41 AM
LIU Shiwen looks nervous and slower than her usual

Vlad Celler
02-16-2019, 11:43 AM
In any case, this match is worthy of a semi-final at least ...

Vlad Celler
02-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Curious ... Will Hayata be able to keep the advantage in the account?

GusShnaps
02-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Hayata Hina 4 x 2 Liu Shiwen

zeio
02-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Ishikawa can retire.

You read it here 1st.

Vlad Celler
02-16-2019, 11:59 AM
!!!:)

jawien
02-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Hayata Hina vs Liu Shiwen 4:2 !!!

Hayata just made a strong case for herself in terms of Tokyo and the JNT ... bravo! As long as I cheer for Liu, it's always compelling to see underdog win ... nice one Hayata!

@Zeio thanks for co-commenting, stay for Truls vs Lin ... will be a good one I hope ; )

NoFootwork
02-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Hiyata was impressive. Devastating loss for LSW. I think Tokyo singles is no longer possible for her.

mrk
02-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Ito and Hayata are the top 2 players in Japan.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-16-2019, 12:05 PM
It’s not even sure LIU Shiwen will be in the next WTTC in Hungary

Difficult not to see Ding Ning Chen Meng Zhu Yuling and Wang Manyu

So only one slot left... She’d better win the qualification tournament else we might not see her ever again in a big tournament

Big win for Hayata but she’s been on fire for a while. In December she won round one of JNT qualification tournament. 10 victories no loss just one set dropped.

She totally outclassed Ishikawa in the National Championships last month. Yes she lost 0-4 to Ito but Ito is on another planet

jawien
02-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Hiyata was impressive. Devastating loss for LSW. I think Tokyo singles is no longer possible for her.

No ... I would not agree. The only serious contender for her is Chen Meng. Devastating was Ito vs Zhou, Sweden open ... ; )

jawien
02-16-2019, 12:12 PM
It’s not even sure LIU Shiwen will be in the next WTTC in Hungary

Difficult not to see Ding Ning Chen Meng Zhu Yuling and Wang Manyu

So only one slot left... She’d better win the qualification tournament else we might not see her ever again in a big tournament

Big win for Hayata but she’s been on fire for a while. In December she won round one of JNT qualification tournament. 10 victories no loss just one set dropped.

She totally outclassed Ishikawa in the National Championships last month. Yes she lost 0-4 to Ito but Ito is on another planet

Agree with all, except it's also hard not to see Liu in the Budapest ...

zeio
02-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Now that the biggest obstacle is gone, Hayata has to remain on alert and win this Open to increase her world ranking as much as possible, as the JTTA wants her to play in Tokyo Olympics.

Sali
02-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Now that the biggest obstacle is gone, Hayata has to remain on alert and win this Open to increase her world ranking as much as possible, as the JTTA wants her to play in Tokyo Olympics.

She Has to defeat hu limei first. We will see.

jawien
02-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Natalia Bajor vs HASHIMOTO Honoka 3:1 ... you can do it Natalka! : )

3:1 and 5:11, 3:11, 8:11 ... hmm pity ...

zeio
02-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Moregard has grown a few inches taller and put on some muscles.

NoFootwork
02-16-2019, 12:46 PM
No ... I would not agree. The only serious contender for her is Chen Meng. Devastating was Ito vs Zhou, Sweden open ... ; )
Of course its only my opinion. But with LSW age, very strong CNT women's team, and with this loss to Hiyata, the only chance, if any for LSW to make the Tokyo Olympics singles is if she wins the WTTC Singles in Budapest.

She has had a brilliant career but I think her chances for Olympics singles glory are gone.

NoFootwork
02-16-2019, 12:55 PM
LGY too fast for Moregard in game 1

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Same opinion than NoFootwork and LSW might not even go to Budapest... She needs to win the qualification tournament to be sure

Janard
02-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Agree with all, except it's also hard not to see Liu in the Budapest ...

I think the biggest issue for LSW right now is stamina. She's clearly the top candidate to represent CNT for Mixed Doubles but a huge part of her also desires to qualify for singles (and understandably so since she was quite unfairly denied a spot in 2016 despite being WR#1). Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at it), the players comprising the team, singles (best of 7 format doesn't help things either) and mixed doubles events must be from the same pool. So far, she hasn't quite shown that she can last two, much less three events in peak condition even though personally I feel that she can shine in each individual event. Not sure if much can be done about stamina, because we all know physical training/conditioning has its limits. Playing back to back matches is always 50-50, either the player is more sufficiently warmed-up from his/her previous game or is tired out by it. At the moment, LSW seems to belong to the latter.

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion but from the recent CTTSL and Seamaster World Tour 2018, my personal ranking for the top 5 CNT female players is as follows:

1) Chen Meng
2) Wang Manyu
3) Liu Shiwen
4) Zhu Yuling
5) Ding Ning

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Truls blocks are not going to withstand Lin power ... 0:2 so far ...

zeio
02-16-2019, 01:04 PM
Moregard VS LGY = no comment.

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:05 PM
I think the biggest issue for LSW right now is stamina. She's clearly the top candidate to represent CNT for Mixed Doubles but a huge part of her also desires to qualify for singles (and understandably so since she was quite unfairly denied a spot in 2016 despite being WR#1). Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at it), the players comprising the team, singles (best of 7 format doesn't help things either) and mixed doubles events must be from the same pool. So far, she hasn't quite shown that she can last two, much less three events in peak condition even though personally I feel that she can shine in each individual event. Not sure if much can be done about stamina, because we all know physical training/conditioning has its limits. Playing back to back matches is always 50-50, either the player is more sufficiently warmed-up from his/her previous game or is tired out by it. At the moment, LSW seems to belong to the latter.

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion but from the recent CTTSL and Seamaster World Tour 2018, my personal ranking for the top 5 CNT female players is as follows:

1) Chen Meng
2) Wang Manyu
3) Liu Shiwen
4) Zhu Yuling
5) Ding Ning

We are talkin Tokyo singles right?
Manyu is too young imho ...
Zhou, don't want to dismiss her, but this Ito game made a weak impression so far.

so Chen, Ding and Liu ... I think against foreigners Ding and Liu has about the same record, same for Chen ... Ding vs Liu, I think it's Liu's turn this time ...

JesperStef
02-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Results from Day 3 (Fri 15 February):

Men's Singles

Round of 64:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan 4:1 David Serdaroglu
[18] Joao Geraldo 4:0 Tobias Hippler

Sun Wen 4:3 Alexander Shibaev [20]
Truls Möregård 4:3 Eric Jouti [12]

[11] Mihai Bobocica 4:1 Yu Heyi
[21] Pavel Sirucek 4:0 Carlos Machado

Simon Söderlund 4:3 Andreas Levenko [24]
[5] Quadri Aruna 4:1 Sadi Ismailov

[6] Daniel Habesohn 4:2 Aleksandr Tiutriumov
Amalraj Anthony 4:2 Martin Allegro [27]

[26] Pavel Platonov 4:3 Cao Wei
Xu Yingbin 4:0 Marcelo Aguirre [16]

Masaki Takami 4:2 Lubomir Jancarik [13]
[32] Deni Kozul 4:3 David Reitspies

Tom Jarvis 4:3 Robin Devos [23]
[4] Vladimir Samsonov 4:2 Diogo Silva

[3] Liang Jingkun 4:0 Vladimir Sidorenko
Elias Ranefur 4:1 Florent Lambiet [17]

[29] Supanut Wisutmaythangkoon 4:1 Bence Majoros
[15] Wang Chuqin 4:1 Andre Silva

Qiu Dang, GER 4:2 Lubomir Pistej [10]
[30] Alberto Mino 4:1 Sai Linwei

Niu Guankai 4:2 Paul Drinkhall [28]
[7] Ovidiu Ionescu 4:2 Steffen Mengel

[8] Omar Assar 4:3 Xiang Peng
Xu Haidong 4:0 Nandor Ecseki [31]

[19] Yukiya Uda 4:2 Diogo Carvalho
Zhang Yudong 4:2 Stefan Fegerl [9]

[14] Hunor Szocs 4:2 Aleksandar Karakasevic
[22] Harmeet Desai 4:0 Rares Sipos

Liu Yebo 4:0 Alexey Liventsov [25]
Shunsuke Togami 4:1 Jonathan Groth [2]

Round of 32:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan 4:0 Joao Geraldo [18]
Truls Möregård 4:1 Sun Wen

[21] Pavel Sirucek 4:0 Mihai Bobocica [11]
[5] Quadri Aruna 4:1 Simon Söderlund

[6] Daniel Habesohn 4:2 Amalraj Anthony
Xu Yingbin 4:3 Pavel Platonov [26]

[32] Deni Kozul 4:3 Masaki Takami
[4] Vladimir Samsonov 4:0 Tom Jarvis

[3] Liang Jingkun 4:0 Elias Ranefur
[15] Wang Chuqin 4:0 Supanut Wisutmaythangkoon [29]

Qiu Dang, GER 4:3 Alberto Mino [30]
Niu Guankai 4:3 Ovidiu Ionescu [7]

[8] Omar Assar 4:2 Xu Haidong
[19] Yukiya Uda 4:0 Zhang Yudong

[14] Hunor Szocs 4:0 Harmeet Desai [22]
Liu Yebo 4:2 Shunsuke Togami

Women's Singles

Round of 64:

[1] Liu Shiwen 4:0 Madhurika Patkar
[32] Shao Jieni, POR 4:2 Archana Girish Kamath

[19] Liu Jia, AUT 4:1 Daniela Monteiro Dodean
[11] Hina Hayata 4:0 Chantal Mantz

Huang Hsin 4:2 Ng Wing Nam [12]
[20] Yana Noskova 4:1 Zhang Binyue

Yumeno Soma 4:1 Szandra Pergel [21]
[8] Georgina Pota 4:2 Lin Chia-Hsuan

Hu Limei 4:3 Shan Xiaona, GER [7]
Huang Yingqi 4:2 Stephanie Loeuillette [29]

Kuai Man 4:0 Dora Madarasz [23]
[10] Britt Eerland 4:3 Andrea Todorovic

Su Pei-Ling 4:2 Sabine Winter [16]
[25] Linda Bergström 4:0 Irina Ciobanu (w.o.)

[31] Lily Zhang, USA 4:1 Valeria Shcherbatykh (retired)
[3] Saki Shibata 4:0 Kim Vermaas

[4] Elizabeta Samara 4:0 Haruna Ojio
Nadezhda Bogdanova 4:3 Rachel Moret [27]

Li Jiayuan 4:0 Olga Vorobeva [24]
Ayami Narumoto 4:1 Wu Yue, USA [13]

[9] Minnie Soo Wai Yam 4:2 Daria Trigolos
Adina Diaconu 4:1 Debora Vivarelli [30]

Wu Yangchen 4:0 Dana Cechova [26]
[5] Miyu Kato 4:3 Laura Gasnier

[6] Honoka Hashimoto 4:0 Liu Yangzi, POR
Chen Yi 4:0 Mariia Tailakova [28]

[18] Ganna Gaponova 4:2 Roy Krittwika
Natalia Bajor 4:1 Dina Meshref [14]

Fan Siqi 4:0 Natalia Partyka [15]
Guo Yuhan 4:1 Bruna Takahashi [22]

[17] Satsuki Odo 4:2 Ma Wenting, NOR
[2] Hitomi Sato 4:1 Tatiana Kukulkova

Round of 32:

[1] Liu Shiwen 4:0 Shao Jieni, POR [32]
[11] Hina Hayata 4:0 Liu Jia, AUT [19] (w.o. due to injury)

Huang Hsin 4:2 Yana Noskova [20]
[8] Georgina Pota 4:0 Yumeno Soma

Hu Limei 4:0 Huang Yingqi
Kuai Man 4:2 Britt Eerland [10]

Su Pei-Ling 4:1 Linda Bergström [25]
[3] Saki Shibata 4:1 Lily Zhang, USA [31]

[4] Elizabeta Samara 4:1 Nadezhda Bogdanova
Li Jiayuan 4:2 Ayami Narumoto

[9] Minnie Soo Wai Yam 4:0 Adina Diaconu
[5] Miyu Kato 4:3 Wu Yangchen

[6] Honoka Hashimoto 4:3 Chen Yi
Natalia Bajor 4:3 Ganna Gaponova [18]

Fan Siqi 4:2 Guo Yuhan
[2] Hitomi Sato 4:3 Satsuki Odo [17]

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:06 PM

He needs to win a game at least ... 8:7 maybe in the third ... ?

Janard
02-16-2019, 01:08 PM

Wells...

Vlad Celler
02-16-2019, 01:08 PM

Unfortunately, even if Hayata wins the tournament in Portugal, this will almost very little change her position in the ranking ...
She will not even enter the top twenty in the ITTF rating list for March ....And next month - she has big deductions of old bonuses ...And there is practically no reserve ....

GusShnaps
02-16-2019, 01:09 PM
He could've won the third. Truls just gave the game away in the end

Janard
02-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Maybe the 4th will be Truls's game! 8-7. A glimmer of hope there.

GusShnaps
02-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Moregard takes the 4th game. Still not sure if there's a big chance for him to win though.

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:20 PM
1:3 a nice one for 11:13. Truls unpredictability on the returns does not really work against Lin overall consistency ... So far he was not challenging Lin, just measuring the waters ... ; )

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Hayata has still a reasonable chance first to be in the Budapest squad. There is one slot left if she wins the qualification tournament and if it’s one of the 4 already qualified that do win she has now a good chance to get the wild card

Janard
02-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Hayata has still a reasonable chance first to be in the Budapest squad. There is one slot left if she wins the qualification tournament and if it’s one of the 4 already qualified that do win she has now a good chance to get the wild card

I've always viewed her as number 4 on the team, so actually it was surprising Sato Hitomi was given a spot before her. By some sadistic twist of fate, Sato Hitomi the second seed has been ousted by a junior member of the Chinese National Team :eek:

GusShnaps
02-16-2019, 01:28 PM
LGY 4 x 1 Moregard Truls

I felt like Truls played rather well, but had a really bad start.

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:29 PM
1:4 ... in favor of Lin. Today's term is "consistency" ... : )

zeio
02-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Moregard still needs a fair amount of mental forging.

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:37 PM
Moregard still needs a fair amount of mental forging.

Yep, he was quite nervous at the end of each set.

mrk
02-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Jingkun vs Wang Chuqin on table 3 lol

jawien
02-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Jingkun vs Wang Chuqin on table 3 lol

Let's just focus on Szocs against Liu Yebo. Personally I wonder how Bernadette's older brother does against the younger CNT member. He was around in Europe for a while now.

zeio
02-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Szocs left an impression in the last WTTC and WTTTC. Like Pitchford, this is the year of make it or break it.

jawien
02-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Hunor lacks Bernadette's mental explosiveness a little.
Nice bh counter shot though.

Vlad Celler
02-16-2019, 02:18 PM
I've always viewed her as number 4 on the team, so actually it was surprising Sato Hitomi was given a spot before her. By some sadistic twist of fate, Sato Hitomi the second seed has been ousted by a junior member of the Chinese National Team :eek:

The first of March will be the draw of eight players in Japan's TOP-12 ...Knockout ....March 2, QF - Knockout ....If Hayata wins, then on March 3 she will play with SATO Hitomi ....If she wins SATO, he will play with ISHIKAWA ....For reaching the final of the TOP-12..
Second semifinal - HIRANO - ITO ...

PatriciaPinheiro
02-16-2019, 02:22 PM
I just came home now and can only say I AM SHOCKED!!!!

not that I don't believe in Hayata (I really want to see her winning), but daang, beat LSW was totally unexpected.

And I really hope LSW can get better results this year (as DN) or the chance to see her in Tokyo is quite unlikely. What an awesome open from my colonizers (LOL)

jawien
02-16-2019, 02:24 PM
I just came home now and can only say I AM SHOCKED!!!!

not that I don't believe in Ishikawa (I really want to see her winning), but daang, beat LSW was totally unexpected.

And I really hope LSW can get better results this year (as DN) or the chance to see her in Tokyo is quite unlikely. What an awesomen open from my colonizers (LOL)

aaaahhhmmm ... Ishikawa?
; )

PatriciaPinheiro
02-16-2019, 02:25 PM
sorry, Hayata hahahahhha

just too much of retire Ishikawa from Zeio in the Thread hahaha, but I do cheer for her too, all JNT

zeio
02-16-2019, 02:42 PM
just too much of retire Ishikawa from Zeio in the Thread hahaha
https://i.imgur.com/NIWIWd4h.jpg

jawien
02-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Ha ha ... Zeio what is it with you and Ishi ... ; )

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-16-2019, 03:05 PM
He is in love with her

mart1nandersson
02-16-2019, 03:06 PM

Bad luck to get that draw especially as it’s his b-day. He had some real issues with reading the serve.

jawien
02-16-2019, 03:08 PM
He is in love with her

Tsst, man keep it quiet ... somebody might hear us ... ; )

jawien
02-16-2019, 03:20 PM
Women quarters seems like a China vs Japan match + Georgina being thrown into the mix.
On the men side Vladi vs Xu Yingbing seems interesting ...

FruitLoop
02-16-2019, 03:48 PM

Wtf you are a weirdo that's perfectly normal why the **** would you be sad? I'm guessing you are some religious, a woman's place is in the kitchen, nutjob. Such a sexist post. You would never say that about any male player.

yoass
02-16-2019, 03:56 PM

W00t? No “cmon Mørëgård retire already”?

zeio
02-16-2019, 04:00 PM
W00t? No “cmon Mørëgård retire already”?
Europe would be done for in that case.

yoass
02-16-2019, 04:02 PM

Well, Uncle Boba might have to catch a third wind.

jawien

No we still have Vladi and Timo .. they are not retiring ... :p

zeio
Xiang Peng VS Togami

7:2, 8:9, 9:9, 10:9, 10:10, 10:12!

Game 2, 10:10, 10:12. Togami seems to have taken a lesson from the WJTTC and now steps around more aggressively.

Xiang Peng totally outgunned.

------------------------
Fan Siqi VS Diaconu

8:8, 10:8. 2 tomahawk serves put Diaconu into clueless mode. 11:8.

9:9. Tomahawk serves lost its surprise effect. Despite that, 12:10.

Strong comeback from Diaconu. Final game coming up.

0:6!!, 6:8, 7:8, 8:8, 8:9, 9:9, 10:9, 11:9!!! Poor Diaconu!

diavolo
02-16-2019, 04:40 PM
What's the deal with the Xiang Peng vs Togami match? Thought they had lost already

jawien
02-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Dodean, Samara, Szocs, Diaconu ... how is it that Romania can produce those great female players, time and time again ...

zeio
02-16-2019, 04:45 PM
What's the deal with the Xiang Peng vs Togami match? Thought they had lost already

U21 Final.

zeio
02-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Dodean, Samara, Szocs, Diaconu ... how is it that Romania can produce those great female players, time and time again ...

Romania wants to remind other European countries that they suck?

jawien
02-16-2019, 04:52 PM
@Yoass lets keep @Zeio off the Europe, cause pretty soon he might start retiring our girls too ... specially the good looking ones ... ;)

PatriciaPinheiro
02-16-2019, 05:02 PM
Can anyone identify this service, please? for me seems to be a kind of reverse tomahawk but I can't be sure

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FjKZCrwGmZJd82iAle1%2Fgiphy.gif

jawien
02-16-2019, 05:07 PM
Romania wants to remind other European countries that they suck?

Not at all, we're just letting Asian tt girls enjoy their moment since about the time of ... Rozeanu ...

jawien
02-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Can anyone identify this service, please? for me seems to be a kind of reverse tomahawk but I can't be sure

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tabletennisdaily.com%2Fforum%2Fcache.php%3Fimg%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fmedia.giphy.com%252Fmedia%252FjKZCrwGmZJd82iAle1%252Fgiphy.gif

I'm even scared to look at this serve ... ; )

NextLevel
02-16-2019, 05:10 PM

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FjKZCrwGmZJd82iAle1%2Fgiphy.gif

You are right.

zeio
02-16-2019, 05:10 PM
Betting on Shibata here.

Pota could cause some trouble for Hayata.

--------------------------------
Shibata handling Hu Limei well. Hu Limei hung on in game 2. Hmm...

Hu Limei has more or less gotten used to Shibata's placement.

I feel bad for Pota. Hayata is turning her into a honeycomb. Pota scored in 4 games: -6, -2, -2, -2 = 12 points.

Pota after this match: I'm retiring!

jawien
02-16-2019, 05:12 PM
Betting on Shibata here.

Yep, here comes the big one.

... Hayata is just too fast, too furious at the moment.
6:11, 2:11, 0:3 timeout ... but what is the point, what is the point
6:11, 2:11, 2:11 ... what was the point
1:2 -> 2:2 never seen such an aggressive strawberry, unsuccessful though.
6:11, 2:11, 2:11, 2:11 ... what was the ...

Never seen Georgina being dismantled in such a way. I'm little surprised. Goes to show you what Liu had to face earlier ...

BlueScr33n
02-16-2019, 07:17 PM
Very well done by Hayata, her backhand seems very strong. Maybe she finally made the next step in her development. With the way she has been playing recently JNT probably cannot not give her the last spot for the WTTC, especially now that he has proven to have the potential to beat top chinese players.

JesperStef
02-16-2019, 11:28 PM
Results from Day 4 (Sat 16 February 2019):

Men's Singles

Round of 16:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan 4:1 Truls Möregård (11:7, 11:6, 11:9, 11:13, 12:10)
[21] Pavel Sirucek 4:2 Quadri Aruna [5] (8:11, 5:11, 11:9, 11:9, 11:4, w.o. due to injury)

Xu Yingbin 4:1 Daniel Habesohn [6] (11:7, 11:4, 4:11, 16:14, 11:3)
[4] Vladimir Samsonov 4:0 Deni Kozul [32] (11:6, 11:8, 11:8, 11:3)

[3] Liang Jingkun 4:1 Wang Chuqin [15] (11:4, 11:7, 12:10, 6:11, 11:5)
Niu Guankai 4:1 Qiu Dang, GER (11:8, 12:10, 10:12, 11:9, 11:6)

[19] Yukiya Uda 4:2 Omar Assar [8] (11:6, 11:8, 11:7, 7:11, 7:11, 11:2)
Liu Yebo 4:3 Hunor Szocs [14] (9:11, 11:9, 11:6, 8:11, 4:11, 14:12, 11:7)

Quarter-finals:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan 4:1 Pavel Sirucek [21] (11:4, 11:9, 11:6, 5:11, 11:5)
[4] Vladimir Samsonov 4:1 Xu Yingbin (11:13, 11:9, 11:2, 13:11, 11:3)

[3] Liang Jingkun 4:0 Niu Guankai (11:8, 11:1, 11:4, 11:7)
Liu Yebo 4:3 Yukiya Uda [19] (6:11, 5:11, 9:11, 13:11, 11:7, 11:9, 11:4)

Women's Singles

Round of 16:

[11] Hina Hayata 4:2 Liu Shiwen [1] (9:11, 12:10, 14:12, 11:9, 8:11, 11:8)
[8] Georgina Pota 4:0 Huang Hsin (11:7, 11:7, 14:12, 11:9)

Hu Limei 4:2 Kuai Man (12:10, 11:9, 7:11, 11:5, 6:11, 11:5)
[3] Saki Shibata 4:1 Su Pei-Ling (11:4, 14:12, 8:11, 11:5, 11:7)

Li Jiayuan 4:1 Elisabeta Samara [4] (11:8, 11:9, 7:11, 11:8, 11:8)
[5] Miyu Kato 4:3 Minnie Soo Wai Yam [9] (8:11, 11:9, 7:11, 10:12, 12:10, 12:10, 11:9)

[6] Honoka Hashimoto 4:3 Natalia Bajor (11:6, 11:13, 8:11, 12:14, 11:5, 11:3, 11:8)
Fan Siqi 4:1 Hitomi Sato [2] (9:11, 11:9, 13:11, 11:5, 11:8)

Quarter-finals:

[11] Hina Hayata 4:0 Georgina Pota [8] (11:6, 11:2, 11:2, 11:2)
Hu Limei 4:3 Saki Shibata [3] (10:12, 13:11, 13:15, 11:8, 6:11, 14:12, 11:6)

Li Jiayuan 4:2 Miyu Kato [5] (11:7, 16:14, 15:17, 11:4, 10:12, 11:5)
[6] Honoka Hashimoto 4:3 Fan Siqi (12:10, 7:11, 4:11, 5:11, 11:7, 11:4, 11:8)

U21 Men's Singles

Semi-finals:

Xiang Peng 3:2 Liu Yebo (12:10, 11:5, 7:11, 9:11, 11:6)
[14] Shunsuke Togami 3:1 Andreas Levenko [2] (12:10, 6:11, 11:4, 11:8)

Final:

[14] Shunsuke Togami 3:0 Xiang Peng (12:10, 12:10, 11:7)

U21 Women's Singles

Semi-finals:

Adina Diaconu 3:2 Wu Yangchen (11:8, 3:11, 8:11, 11:7, 11:6)
Fan Siqi 3:0 Yumeno Soma [5] (11:6, 11:4, 11:7)

Final:

Fan Siqi 3:2 Adina Diaconu (11:8, 12:10, 2:11, 8:11, 11:9)

Men's Doubles

Quarter-finals:

[1] Nandor Ecseki/Adam Szudi 3:0 Diogo Carvalho/Joao Geraldo [8] (11:6, 12:10, 11:9)
Shunsuke Togami/Yukiya Uda 3:2 Samuel Kaluzny/Lubomir Pistej (1:11, 12:10, 13:11, 11:13, 11:5)

Cao Wei/Xu Yingbin 3:0 Kilian Ort/Qiu Dang (11:6, 11:5, 11:2)
[2] Liang Jingkun/Lin Gaoyuan 3:0 Yuki Matsuyama/Masaki Takami (11:6, 11:3, 11:2)

Semi-finals:

Shunsuke Togami/Yukiya Uda 3:1 Nandor Ecseki/Adam Szudi [1] (9:11, 11:8, 11:8, 11:6)
Cao Wei/Xu Yingbin 3:1 Liang Jingkun/Lin Gaoyuan [2] (14:12, 11:7, 6:11, 11:9)

Women's Doubles

Quarter-finals:

Huang Yu-Wen/Li Yu-Jhun 3:1 Natalia Bajor/Natalia Partyka [6] (11:9, 12:14, 11:9, 11:9)
Fan Siqi/Yang Huijing 3:0 Huang Hsin/Huang Yu-Chiao (11:5, 12:10, 11:6)

[4] Dora Madarasz/Szandra Pergel 3:1 Leila Oliveira/Shao Jieni [8] (7:11, 11:6, 11:7, 11:7)
[5] Daniela Monteiro Dodean/Elizabeta Samara 3:1 Satsuki Odo/Saki Shibata [2] (11:4, 11:5, 9:11, 11:9)

Semi-finals:

Fan Siqi/Yang Huijing 3:0 Huang Yu-Wen/Li Yu-Jhun (11:6, 11:8, 11:9)
[4] Dora Madarasz/Szandra Pergel 3:2 Daniela Monteiro Dodean/Elizabeta Samara [5] (3:11, 11:4, 11:6, 13:15, 13:11)

Mixed Doubles

Semi-finals:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan/Liu Shiwen 3:1 Nandor Ecseki/Dora Madarasz (11:3, 7:11, 11:8, 13:11)
[2] Lubomir Pistej/Tatiana Kukulkova 3:2 Aleksandar Karakasevic/Izabela Lupulesku (11:7, 7:11, 3:11, 11:8, 11:6)

Final:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan/Liu Shiwen 3:0 Lubomir Pistej/Tatiana Kukulkova [2] (11:8, 11:6, 11:4)

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 12:54 AM
Betting on Shibata here.

--------------------------------
Shibata handling Hu Limei well. Hu Limei hung on in game 2. Hmm...

Hu Limei has more or less gotten used to Shibata's placement.

I feel bad for Pota. Hayata is turning her into a honeycomb. Pota scored in 4 games: -6, -2, -2, -2 = 12 points.

Pota after this match: I'm retiring!

Hayata is on a new level
Too bad for Shibata, i wanted her to win, and she fought well as usual but it wasn't enough.
Hashimoto fought well again ! I think she's better than Sato, her attacks, (especially BH) are more powerful. Sato's defense is excellent but she's not winning enough points when attacking.

Loopadoop
02-17-2019, 01:59 AM
I agree that Hina Hayata has elevated her level, probably to a top 10.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 03:47 AM
Ito and Hayata can definitely challenge the top Chinese. Hayata has a few things no other player has

Sali
02-17-2019, 05:40 AM
Anybody knows why Apolonia and freitas are not participating at home tour?

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 06:17 AM
Apolonia is playing T League

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 07:53 AM
It is very, very sad that Shibata lost HU Limei ....
Very hard defender ...

zeio
02-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Hayata is on a new level
Too bad for Shibata, i wanted her to win, and she fought well as usual but it wasn't enough.
Hashimoto fought well again ! I think she's better than Sato, her attacks, (especially BH) are more powerful. Sato's defense is excellent but she's not winning enough points when attacking.
Sato's crashing out so early really puts the board selection of her for the WTTC 2019 in a bad light. I wonder how Hashimoto feels about it.

Shibata has been working really hard the last 2 years to reach where she is now. She will turn 22 this year. This could be the break-it year for her.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 08:51 AM
yeh Sato was a bad choice, I agree. Hayata, Shibata and Hashimoto are better choice than her. Maybe even Miyu Kato

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 08:54 AM
On JTTA updated information - TOP-12 Japan 2019

March 2, 8 women play knockout ...

Shibata Saki
Hayata Hina
Kato Miyu
Mori sakura
Sasao Asuka
Ando Minami
Kihara Miyu
Nagasaki Miyu

The winner goes to the group where the top top 4 ...

Ishikawa
Ito
Hirano
Sato

These five players play a knockout on March 3rd .....

NextLevel
02-17-2019, 09:18 AM
Sato's crashing out so early really puts the board selection of her for the WTTC 2019 in a bad light. I wonder how Hashimoto feels about it.

Shibata has been working really hard the last 2 years to reach where she is now. She will turn 22 this year. This could be the break-it year for her.

You don't only play Chinese players at the WTTC. Sato does well against just about everyone other than the Chiness and she also puts pressure on the Chinese at specific times. It is sometimes short sighted to make it all about one tournament. The coaches also see these players more frequently. There might be things they are looking for but have seen in the past from Hayata and Shibata.

BlipBlop575
02-17-2019, 10:02 AM
On JTTA updated information - TOP-12 Japan 2019

March 2, 8 women play knockout ...

Shibata Saki
Hayata Hina
Kato Miyu
Mori sakura
Sasao Asuka
Ando Minami
Kihara Miyu
Nagasaki Miyu

The winner goes to the group where the top top 4 ...

Ishikawa
Ito
Hirano
Sato

These five players play a knockout on March 3rd .....
So whoever wins the knockout on March 2nd gets the last slot for WTTC? Or is it whoever wins the on March 3rd?

yoass
02-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Watching Hayata-Hiu live at https://tv.ittf.com/livestream/portugal-open-table-1/1458891. Hayata has a strong start. Daemons have taken over commentary, so it seems.

Hmm. The daemons took over the game too, suddenly making Hayata errorprone and instable.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 10:10 AM
to
BlipBlop575 (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/member.php?64894-BlipBlop575)
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/images/Styles/Blackend/statusicon/user-offline.png
The winner of the second of March will play the third of March with SATO ..This is already known ...
The one who wins this meeting goes to the semifinals with Ishikawa .....
The second semi-final is already known ... It's Hirano and Ito ....

zeio
02-17-2019, 10:10 AM
You don't only play Chinese players at the WTTC. Sato does well against just about everyone other than the Chiness and she also puts pressure on the Chinese at specific times. It is sometimes short sighted to make it all about one tournament. The coaches also see these players more frequently. There might be things they are looking for but have seen in the past from Hayata and Shibata.

Thank you for reminding me Sato losing to Samara at the WTTC 2017.

Baba has explained the choice (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20096-What-Happened-to-Miu-Hirano&p=258672&viewfull=1#post258672) of Sato over Shibata and Ando - World Ranking. I didn't quote it the last time but Baba actually mentioned they wanted the chosen members to "beat as many CNT players as possible."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190130-00010002-tvtokyos-spo

馬場美香 日本女子代表監督「打倒中国を掲げていますので、一人でも多くの選手が一人でも多くの中国人選手に勝っていくことを望んでいます」とコメント。

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 10:14 AM
It is noticeable that Hayata is nervous .....

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Hayata a bit in a hurry ....

Janard
02-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Hu Limei has an unconventional serve for defenders no? Most would choose a backhand serve.

zeio
02-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Game 3, Hayata lost her concentration at 8:6, 8:9, 9:9, 10:9(cunning Hayata!), 11:9. Very crucial game.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 10:33 AM
Beautiful was raffled, but risky ....

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Here is a very important game ...XU Limey very, very serious defender ...

Jimbob MacInbred
02-17-2019, 10:40 AM
What the hell is wrong with the audio on Laola? Anybody else experiencing problems? If that is Bobrow commentating he sounds more like Darth Vader or Sauron.

good
02-17-2019, 10:43 AM
What the hell is wrong with the audio on Laola? Anybody else experiencing problems? If that is Bobrow commentating he sounds more like Darth Vader or Sauron.
the same :D i thought my sound card was dying...

zeio
02-17-2019, 10:44 AM

Someone has messed with playback speed setting of the voice-over channel. Not the 1st time happening.

Jimbob MacInbred
02-17-2019, 10:48 AM
the same :D i thought my sound card was dying...

Thanks for the reply. I'm somewhat "relieved" that I'm not the only one experiencing this. But it cannot be the sound card. Youtube sounds just fine on my computer. So how do we solve the issue?

Jimbob MacInbred
02-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Someone has messed with playback speed setting of the voice-over channel. Not the 1st time happening.

So it's out of our hands to fix it (ourselves)?

zeio
02-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Hu Limei got steamrolled by Hayata after game 3.

yoass
02-17-2019, 10:52 AM
That match deserved a better closing than this edge clip!

zeio
02-17-2019, 10:53 AM
So it's out of our hands to fix it (ourselves)?

Watch on TV Tokyo Channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx_aVUaR7DE).

Loopadoop
02-17-2019, 10:57 AM

Yeh Bobrow's, new six pack for breakfast style.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 10:57 AM
That match deserved a better closing than this edge clip!

Oh yes...

:):)

Jimbob MacInbred
02-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Watch on TV Tokyo Channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx_aVUaR7DE).

Thanks, zeio! Seems that I need to use either TOR or VPN (not available in my country with regular Firefox)...will try via TOR first.:)

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 11:02 AM
I was never worried for HAYATA against HU. She's several classes above. She just had to deal with her own nerves and focus.

She's gonna win this tournament. She's a brand new player since December

Loopadoop
02-17-2019, 11:02 AM
I like Hina Hayata's coach, let her play after blowing game 1 to Hu Limei. He knows she is playing at a very high level.

Janard
02-17-2019, 11:09 AM
I was never worried for HAYATA against HU. She's several classes above. She just had to deal with her own nerves and focus.

She's gonna win this tournament. She's a brand new player since December

Apart from LSW, nobody can stop Hayata in this tournament. Yesterday's round of 16 should have been the finals. Regardless of who wins the other SF, I strongly doubt either Hashimoto or Li Jiayuan can put up an entertaining fight.

Garrison
02-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Let's go Vladimir!

zeio
02-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Thanks, zeio! Seems that I need to use either TOR or VPN (not available in my country with regular Firefox)...will try via TOR first.:)

Better yet, just watch on ITTF Channel. They know they ****ed it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeRXH8YEGn8

GusShnaps
02-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Vladi ties it up!!! 1 x 1

Michal_Z
02-17-2019, 11:36 AM
You have this feeling like Vladi can make this happen!
Go Vladi go!

Loopadoop
02-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Vladi's unforced pushing errors cost him games 4 & 5.

zeio
02-17-2019, 12:00 PM
He needs T05H.

GusShnaps
02-17-2019, 12:01 PM
After LGY's timeout the game just went downhill for Vladi. He's too powerful and fast. Samsonov seemed a bit tired as well.
In the end, the outcome was the same.

Michal_Z
02-17-2019, 12:03 PM
Too bad, I was rooting for him..

jawien
02-17-2019, 12:38 PM
The way Hayata played with Liu yesterday, I think statistically/stylistically, she has even better chances winning against Liu than Ito Mima ... truly. I mean imho here she did it more convincingly than Ito did in Stockholm. Not to mention Shibata, Hashimoto, Sato or Zeio's girl Kasumi ... ; )

Li vs Hashimoto 3rd, 4:5 -> 4:6 great play!
3rd 7:7 -> 7:8 agree with the yt commentator - outstanding from Hashimoto.

NextLevel
02-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Thank you for reminding me Sato losing to Samara at the WTTC 2017.

Baba has explained the choice (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20096-What-Happened-to-Miu-Hirano&p=258672&viewfull=1#post258672) of Sato over Shibata and Ando - World Ranking. I didn't quote it the last time but Baba actually mentioned they wanted the chosen members to "beat as many CNT players as possible."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190130-00010002-tvtokyos-spo

Well, I read the criteria. Not sure why a 2017 result counts but the other thing is not to be short sighted. Hayata did not have these results at the time of the selection.

jawien
02-17-2019, 01:01 PM
Well, I read the criteria. Not sure why a 2017 result counts but the other thing is not to be short sighted. Hayata did not have these results at the time of the selection.

This is why coaches need to have a wild cards option. Would be a miss, if Hayata didn't make it to the WTTC.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 01:01 PM
congrats to the J-Girls ! 100% Japanese final !!!

jawien
02-17-2019, 01:03 PM

Congrats! Big CNT representation with Liu Shiwen on board and the final is all Japanese. Quite unusual. Congrats again!

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 01:04 PM
Hayata will be in WTTC if she wins the qualification tournament, OR if its not a qualifier from round 1 who wins it. and to be honest i don't see who else can win SATO+ISHIKAWA + ITO (or less likely HIRANO)

because in this case, the coaches will have the wild card, and its obvious they will give it to HAYATA if they have it

Janard
02-17-2019, 01:05 PM

Seems like Chinese women struggle a lot with defenders nowadays while Japanese women have it easy.

drunix80
02-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Congrats! Big CNT representation with Liu Shiwen on board and the final is all Japanese. Quite unusual. Congrats again!

Goes on to show Japanese mantra of experience at the bigger stage is much important than CNT's approach of trying to perfect every stroke on earth til you are 20 y.o.

jawien
02-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Goes on to show Japanese mantra of experience at the bigger stage is much important than CNT's approach of trying to perfect every stroke on earth til you are 20 y.o.

Might be, but CNT is changing their approach too.

QWERTY Spin
02-17-2019, 01:22 PM
i really like to see liang jinkun vs lin gaoyuan but so far he struggles against Liu

jawien
02-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Liu Yebo, is it just me but seems like Ma Long, left handed about 15 years ago ... ; )
2:0 vs Liang, nice.

Bram Vroonland
02-17-2019, 01:46 PM
What blade is Liang Jingkun playing with?

mrk
02-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Jingkun winning the seventh set 11:9!

Michal_Z
02-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Wov, quite a win from 1:5 in the deciding game down, lol!
Well done Liang, I hope for the win in the finals!

zeio
02-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Hayata will be in WTTC if she wins the qualification tournament, OR if its not a qualifier from round 1 who wins it. and to be honest i don't see who else can win SATO+ISHIKAWA + ITO (or less likely HIRANO)

because in this case, the coaches will have the wild card, and its obvious they will give it to HAYATA if they have it

They won't need the wild card. The 1st day winner will qualify for the WTTC. The winner will be among these 8:

Saki Shibata (Miki House)
Hina Hayata (Nippon Life Insurance)
Miyu Kato (Nippon Paint Holdings)
Mori Sakura (Nippon Life Insurance)
Asuka Sasao (Waseda University)
Minami Ando (Senshu University)
Miyuu Kihara (JOC Elite Academy)
Miyu Nagasaki (JOC Elite Academy / Ohara Gakuen)

jawien
02-17-2019, 02:56 PM
They won't need the wild card. The 1st day winner will qualify for the WTTC. The winner will be among these 8:

So Japan has 5 spots for women, for the WTTC?

zeio
02-17-2019, 03:05 PM
Host gets 6, others get a minimum of 3, +1 if you have a top 100 player, +1 if you have a top 20 player.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 03:12 PM

as usual you are right, i double checked on JTTA site

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 03:13 PM
so 6 hungarian players ??? where are they going to find all those players ?

jawien
02-17-2019, 03:14 PM
Host gets 6, others get a minimum of 3, +1 if you have a top 100 player, +1 if you have a top 20 player.

Yeah, just have seen this below - thanks.
https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2019_WTTC_FAQ-1-1.pdf

Hayata stands pretty poorly ranking wise and I guess the ranking system got stabilized, since Ding is #1 again ... still there's always this possibility when somebody makes a great form just before the big tournament and this is clearly the case with Hina now. If she's not going to be in Budapest than it's a plain miss imho.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-17-2019, 03:17 PM
hmmmm I hope Hayata will keep her form and beat all her rivals...

zeio
02-17-2019, 03:31 PM
That's why Hayata has to earn her spot at all cost. She has what it takes. This is the time to step up. Don't rely on luck and favoritism, or she'll end up like Ishikawa.

jawien
02-17-2019, 03:32 PM

Why worry about that, they'll be scoring points just as anybody else ...

jawien
02-17-2019, 03:56 PM
That's why Hayata has to earn her spot at all cost. She has what it takes. This is the time to step up. Don't rely on luck and favoritism, or she'll end up like Ishikawa.

Sure, but still ... really nothing wrong with Kasumi. She's still the best ranking wise in Japan and her only fault was she didn't won with Chinese. It was basically normal in her and Fukuhara generation. Now the new wave changed it and actually Hayata did precisely that, in a quite convincing way ...

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 04:00 PM
Yeah, just have seen this below - thanks.
https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2019_WTTC_FAQ-1-1.pdf

Hayata stands pretty poorly ranking wise and I guess the ranking system got stabilized, since Ding is #1 again ... still there's always this possibility when somebody makes a great form just before the big tournament and this is clearly the case with Hina now. If she's not going to be in Budapest than it's a plain miss imho.

She will not be able to .....
Even a victory in Portugal gives her only 537 points .... = 8068 in the rating for the month of March ....This is the end of the third ten at best ...
And in April she will have a deduction (-1350) ...With a maximum reserve of 450 ...
As of March, she announced only in Oman Open ....A maximum of 1100 points the winner gets ...
In the Qatar Open she has not yet been announced .....
It is very likely that in the April rating she will be in the fourth ten .....:(

jawien
02-17-2019, 04:06 PM
She will not be able to .....
Even a victory in Portugal gives her only 537 points .... = 8068 in the rating for the month of March ....This is the end of the third ten at best ...
And in April she will have a deduction (-1350) ...With a maximum reserve of 450 ...
As of March, she announced only in Oman Open ....A maximum of 1100 points the winner gets ...
In the Qatar Open she has not yet been announced .....
It is very likely that in the April rating she will be in the fourth ten .....:(

Afaik Japan will have this internal qualification tournament, so she still has a chance. You may want to read some earlier posts.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Yes, of course ... My posts on TOP-12 Japan were published here earlier than the posts of Zeio:) ....Zeyo is right - Hayata is enough to win the quarter final on March 2nd ....In any case, she will then be at least fifth .....

In my opinion, Hayata with her current game should be if not the second, then definitely the third in the Japanese team ...

zeio
02-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Ready for a boring All Japan final?
https://i.imgur.com/cByXikWh.png

jawien
02-17-2019, 04:43 PM
Considering this JNT Top 12 thing and internal qualification, not boring at all ... ; )

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 04:51 PM
It seems that easy victory will not ....

jawien
02-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Hayata doesn't seem comfortable.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 05:00 PM
Oh,yes...:(
Although even if she loses, it is no longer as important as the victory over Liu Shiwen ....

zeio
02-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Hayata has gotten more patient in game 3. Should've been like this since game 1.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 05:09 PM
She is in a bit of a hurry .....

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:12 PM
Honooka is a one tough cookie ... Hayata basically has what it takes (those inside out fh strokes) but many of them returns ...

zeio
02-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Hashimoto has it better when it comes to stamina, given the easier bracket to the final.

Hayata is losing concentration. That point at 9:10 when Hashimoto thought she had game 4 bagged saved Hayata.

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:21 PM
2:2 ... ufff, yeah the stamina question now. Tell you what, I've been playing a defender last Monday on a tournament and I did sweat and swear a lot ... ; )

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:27 PM
5th, 5:3 -> 6:3 outstanding. How does Hayata keep blocking those smashes from Honooka?

zeio
02-17-2019, 05:27 PM
Game 4 was a big boost. Hayata's placement is getting better now. Now it's Hashimoto losing her focus. Probably still dwelling on the last game.

NoFootwork
02-17-2019, 05:28 PM
Istvan Jonyer, Tibor Klampar, and Gabor Gergely are 3 to start with ;)

yoass
02-17-2019, 05:29 PM
5th, 5:3 -> 6:3 outstanding. How does Hayata keep blocking those smashes from Honooka?

I would say: excellent anticipation, probably hard won by lots and lots of experience playing this way.

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 05:30 PM
An important milestone is overcome ....Now do not lose concentration ....

NoFootwork
02-17-2019, 05:30 PM
All are predictably being smashed into Hayata's BH, she is waiting there for them.

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:33 PM
All are predictably being smashed into Hayata's BH, she is waiting there for them.

Still to find an angle, two, three times in a row .. I'm quite amazed ...
If it goes to 7th gonna be hard ...
Btw, Zeio what time do you have there? ; )

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Perhaps the turning point ....

zeio
02-17-2019, 05:34 PM
Hayata eased off after 3:0. Same problem as Ito and Hirano. They play worse when leading.

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:35 PM
6th 5:5 -> 5:7 rushing ...

Vlad Celler
02-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Hashimoto can win .....

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:41 PM
7th 1:0 -> 2:0 excellent play ...

zeio
02-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Same opening as in game 6. 3:0. Don't ease off now.

4:0, 4:2, 6:2, 7:2, 7:4, TO by Hayata. She got hasty there.

7:5, 7:6, 8:6(phew!!!), 8:7, 10:7, 10:8(net...), 11:8

https://i.imgur.com/Uyc8VzXh.png
https://i.imgur.com/lwQvn2zh.png
https://i.imgur.com/JMNf5ZLh.png
https://i.imgur.com/qXj3Mjgh.png
https://i.imgur.com/2ItmO0Zh.png

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:48 PM
She's tripping 7:6 ... to 8:6 those 3 blocks ... how on earth ...

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:51 PM
10:8 c'mon now : )

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Bravo Hayata! She did a heck of a job there. Really really hope she does win those qualification for the WTTC ...

zeio
02-17-2019, 05:56 PM
Gotta hit the bed now, 3am now! Been fun watching w/ you folks live!! See ya next time!!!

BlipBlop575
02-17-2019, 05:57 PM
That was way tighter than i expected. Thought Hayata would win comfortably considering how she handled Hu Limei (who i thought is a better defender than Hashimoto), much easier. Gotta give credit to Hashimoto though, well played.

jawien
02-17-2019, 05:58 PM
Gotta hit the bed now, 3am now! Been fun watching w/ you folks live!! See ya next time!!!
Thanks guys, i'm leaving too. Till the next one ; )

Yung-Zion
02-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know the racket setup of liang jinkun?

mrk
02-17-2019, 07:01 PM
Jingkun wins 4-1 vs Lin Gaoyuan, well done.

Konrad Bak
02-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Jingkun
Alnade i think custom.
Rakza (custom)
National Dhs

eduardo1995filipe
02-17-2019, 08:38 PM
I think it's H3 37º in BH

Konrad Bak
02-17-2019, 08:47 PM
White sponge?

JesperStef
02-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Results from Day 5 (Sun 17 February 2019):

Men's Singles

Semi-finals:

[1] Lin Gaoyuan 4:2 Vladimir Samsonov [4] (11:7, 11:13, 8:11, 11:9, 11:8, 11:7)
[3] Liang Jingkun 4:3 Liu Yebo (10:12, 10:12, 11:8, 10:12, 11:2, 11:7, 11:9)

Final:

[3] Liang Jingkun 4:1 Lin Gaoyuan [1] (6:11, 12:10, 14:12, 11:7, 11:6)

Women's Singles

Semi-finals:

[11] Hina Hayata 4:1 Hu Limei (10:12, 11:4, 11:9, 11:6, 11:6)
[6] Honoka Hashimoto 4:1 Li Jiayuan (7:11, 11:2, 11:6, 11:8, 11:3)

Final:

[11] Hina Hayata 4:3 Honoka Hashimoto [6] (9:11, 8:11, 11:4, 12:10, 11:3, 8:11, 11:8)

Men's Doubles

Final:

Cao Wei/Xu Yingbin 3:1 Shunsuke Togami/Yukiya Uda (5:11, 11:5, 11:6, 11:7)

Women's Doubles

Final:

Fan Siqi/Yang Huijing 3:2 Dora Madarasz/Szandra Pergel [4] (8:11, 3:11, 11:6, 11:9, 11:2)

eduardo1995filipe
02-17-2019, 10:12 PM
White sponge?

Well I'm not sure, but it seems the same color of Ma Long's BH sponge, #20 sponge from DHS I think

NextLevel
02-17-2019, 11:17 PM
Hayata won phase 1 undefeated so she has likely beaten all the players she will play again in phase 2. Will be interesting.

Lobology
02-18-2019, 12:41 AM
Hayata vs Hashimoto was a long match, Hashimoto did so well defending.

Liang JK vs Lin GY was much more exciting, great to see Liang's break through beating Lin

ttpshot
02-18-2019, 03:49 AM
It was great to see JNT are expected to beat CNT B in ITTF tournament. It has taken 20 years of pouring resources and countless trial and error but glad that it's producing good results.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-18-2019, 04:09 AM
It was also JNT B
But Hayata is gonna get an upgrade

Tony's Table Tennis
02-18-2019, 05:23 AM
It was also JNT B

Not often you see CNT B team flop so badly like this.
Clearly the new ball + weaker B team caliber will be a big worry for the heads.
This is something Japanese has done right and the Chinese has not yet

Tony's Table Tennis
02-18-2019, 05:24 AM
Well I'm not sure, but it seems the same color of Ma Long's BH sponge, #20 sponge from DHS I think

Rakza X on backhand if I recall

lukyancheg
02-18-2019, 05:48 AM
Not often you see CNT B team flop so badly like this.
Clearly the new ball + weaker B team caliber will be a big worry for the heads.

I'm not sure it was CNT B, seems more like team C. Anyway great result for WJNT

lukyancheg
02-18-2019, 06:06 AM
btw I was surprised that European like Flore, Szocs, Platonov, Bobocica can fight one level vs low and middle rank CTTSL players. Moregard even beat Chinese from top20.

It would be interesting to see the match CTTSL middle team vs DTTBL top team.

Vlad Celler
02-18-2019, 06:42 AM
It was also JNT B

It will be interesting to compare the women's teams СNT and JNT in Oman, Spain and Qatar...
The first two tournaments are deadline 18/2 ....Qatar - 24/2 ...
Japan has already published the composition of their teams ...
Including on Qatar .....
http://www.jtta.or.jp/tournament/tabid/125/rptid/464/Default.aspx

We are waiting for the answer of China .....

Hamasaki_Fanz
02-18-2019, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know the racket setup of liang jinkun?

Viscaria + Hurricane 3 + dont know the backhand rubber

NextLevel
02-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Team B was playing trials, so yes Team C. Liu Shiwen the obvious exception.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
02-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Team B was playing trials, so yes Team C. Liu Shiwen the obvious exception.

surprised LSW was so quiet during her match with Hayata. No tchooo no fist pump....

NextLevel
02-18-2019, 09:41 AM
surprised LSW was so quiet during her match with Hayata. No tchooo no fist pump....

She generally isn't a noisemaker. It is arguably one of her weaknesses and Ma Lin might try to change that. She is one of the most methodical players on the outside. Always shadowing after the point.

Konrad Bak
02-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Rakza X on backhand if I recall
I think you are intelligent guy so we have rights.

maybe 52-54 degree because he can block probably everything and use his bh more for blocking than agressive game
it must be Yasaka rubber because sponges have less weight than Chinese/Butterfly\s
his Alnade should be very soft.
every BH oriented players needs rubber with less weight on bh- increase faster movement on this side.

usualsuspect
02-18-2019, 06:39 PM

You are right. This is team C. Team B is in China, playing qualifier for phase 2 of Marvelous 12.