Ovtcharov Senso V1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
One clube mate plays with this blade. It's fast and stiff but Clipper feels more solid compared to it even with limba outer layers but this feeling comes from the core of the blade. I think red plies have influence on that solid feeling. It's quite light compared to other 7ply with same thickness. Overal it's a good blade for its value but I still prefer Clipper, even the newer ones that are not that good anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
One clube mate plays with this blade. It's fast and stiff but Clipper feels more solid compared to it even with limba outer layers but this feeling comes from the core of the blade. I think red plies have influence on that solid feeling. It's quite light compared to other 7ply with same thickness. Overal it's a good blade for its value but I still prefer Clipper, even the newer ones that are not that good anymore.

How did you find the blade while looping? Was the blade excessively stiff or hard?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
It's better for power looping because is both stiff and a little hard. For slow looping it's better with medium rubbers like ESN 45º.

Reactions: doraemon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It's better for power looping because is both stiff and a little hard. For slow looping it's better with medium rubbers like ESN 45º.
is it faster or slower than clipper? Is the rebound speed higher or lower than clipper?

thanks

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How can a blade have a throw angle? Doesn't the throw angle get created by the rubber only?

I have my OSP Virtuoso Plus which has these plies: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba

And my OSP V'King which has these plies: Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto

With the same exact rubber, the V+ creates a higher arc and is easier to loop backspin over the net. Said differently, with the same rubbers the V'King makes shots that come off the racket faster and lower and the shots arc less.

Is it only the rubber that causes the arc? Or can a blade have an impact on the arc as well? If the blade can't have a high or low arc, what has changed in that same rubber when it is on one blade and then is switched to the other?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Or can a blade have an impact on the arc as well? If the blade can't have a high or low arc, what has changed in that same rubber when it is on one blade and then is switched to the other?

I would expect dwell time to affect the rubber's effect on the ball, with a longer dwell causing a more substantial grip and a higher throw as a result. A faster/harder frame comes with less of a dwell than a slower/softer frame, which would fit your observation.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would expect dwell time to affect the rubber's effect on the ball, with a longer dwell causing a more substantial grip and a higher throw as a result. A faster/harder frame comes with less of a dwell than a slower/softer frame, which would fit your observation.

Yep. So a blade that has more dwell time and helps you grab the ball more fully will create a higher throw angle. Therefore you can talk about the throw angle of a blade.

Reactions: Suga D and doraemon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The one I tried was just a bit slower but it was lighter also. Angle a bit lower due to harder walnut outer layer.

Thanks AMonteiro.

I (hopefully) only have a few more final questions, and I will not bother you anymore :p

1) Do you think that the OSV1 is suitable for an allround loop style?
2) Would OSV1 be able to be used in the same way as the Clipper?
3) Would Donic Barracuda have the correct rubber hardness for a (slower) looping game?If not, can you suggest some rubbers that would be? If it helps I play with non tacky European rubbers on BOTH sides.

Thanks again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Thanks AMonteiro.

I (hopefully) only have a few more final questions, and I will not bother you anymore :p

1) Do you think that the OSV1 is suitable for an allround loop style?
2) Would OSV1 be able to be used in the same way as the Clipper?
3) Would Donic Barracuda have the correct rubber hardness for a (slower) looping game?If not, can you suggest some rubbers that would be? If it helps I play with non tacky European rubbers on BOTH sides.

Thanks again.

1) It's fast for an allround game but you can balance it with the right rubbers.
2) You can play the same way you would with Clipper
3) Barracuda itself is a good rubber to add more control and arc to this blade being easier to play the style you want. For and allround looping style I would chose something around 45-47º

What's your current setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
1) It's fast for an allround game but you can balance it with the right rubbers.
2) You can play the same way you would with Clipper
3) Barracuda itself is a good rubber to add more control and arc to this blade being easier to play the style you want. For and allround looping style I would chose something around 45-47º

What's your current setup?

i am using a discontinued donic carbon glass blade with composition limba-glass fibre-ayous-ayous-ayous-glass fibre-limba. Barracuda both sides.

hopefully this helps

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I think you should try first the blade with the same rubbers you use to see how it feels for you. If you think it's too hard and stiff you can chose a little softer rubber for it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you should try first the blade with the same rubbers you use to see how it feels for you. If you think it's too hard and stiff you can chose a little softer rubber for it.

Thanks for your advice. I checked my rubbers and realised that I am actually using Bluefire Jp01- I forgot, as I have been using Barracuda for so long :p
I am thinking of changing to Acuda blue P2 or Bluefire Jp02 on my backhand. Do you think that this is alright, or should I look for something softer eg. P3 or Jp03?

Thanks again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yep. So a blade that has more dwell time and helps you grab the ball more fully will create a higher throw angle. Therefore you can talk about the throw angle of a blade.

I fully agree to this.

I have the same rubbers with same thickness on my Nittaku Killton [3ply hinoki all-wood blade] as well as on my Nittaku Shake Carbon Off [3ply hinoki + 2 carbon plies] and can verify your observations.
The dwell time on the Killton is "much" longer than on the NSO. [I'm aware we're talking 'bout milliseconds here, but it feels like minutes]
[Emoji2]
And also the throw angle from the Killton is much higher than the throw angle from the NSO.

Last edited: