DHS Ma long 5 blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have played with the old Long 5 with a bigger head size. I have also played with the newer version.

The older version has more flex, nicer feel and heavier weight than the newer version. The older version fits my style well as I play a spin game.

The newer version has a more direct feel with less flex. Its lower weight also allows faster recovery.

I haven't played ALC Innerforce.

hello everyone, does anyone have experience with the ma long 5? I intend to try it out. right now i'm playing with butterfly alc innerforce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
what is the difference in feeling and playing with the ma long 3 (7 layers of wood) or the ma long 5 (with 5 layers and 2 carbon layers of wood) i play with european rubbers. tenergy 80 in forehand and rasanter 42 on back hand

Thx for the comments boys!
I've owned fake Long V, which had same composition, played great, buy may have played worse than original one. I also used numerous Clipper clones (which Long 3 looks like to be). The clipper like structure was more woody, more viby and easier to control in high gears than Long V structure. Also the Long V clone was flexier of those two. I would say that carbon version has more power, but harder to control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Both are fast. Ma long 3 is more stiff (with a soft feel) and suits close to table playing style.

Like I said before, the 1st version of Ma Long 5 suits looper really well due to the flex. The 2nd version of Ma Long 5 is stiff as hell. Less wood feel and faster compared to the 1st version of Ma Long 5.

what is the difference in feeling and playing with the ma long 3 (7 layers of wood) or the ma long 5 (with 5 layers and 2 carbon layers of wood) i play with european rubbers. tenergy 80 in forehand and rasanter 42 on back hand

Thx for the comments boys!

This user has no status.
I've owned HL5 and have tried Harimoto Innerforce ALC (same compositions with Innerforce ALC but head bigger). IMO HL5 has clear vibration when you hit the ball, Hari ALC(Harimoto Innerforce ALC) more vibration and feels like a hole in the blade. Hari ALC was excellent when you want to control BH push like Harimoto, that blade will absorb the power from opponent and make a good placement, While HL5 excellent when you use full stroke FH topspin(Brushed the ball not to hit like Topspin smash) blade will show the low throw and kick effect shot.So I prefer HL5 than Innerforce ALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I have the Long 5 comercial version and I can tell that it is stiff so it performs well when you use forehand flicks, forehand counter loops, backhand loop against backspin, backhand topspin near the table but when it comes the time of forehand loop against backspin is difficult to perform so you need to do a full swing in most of the strokes but if you like to play mid-far the table it’s just your blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The older version produced before 2015 has a bigger head size and more flex than the current Long 5. It's actually an excellent looping machine.

I have the Long 5 comercial version and I can tell that it is stiff so it performs well when you use forehand flicks, forehand counter loops, backhand loop against backspin, backhand topspin near the table but when it comes the time of forehand loop against backspin is difficult to perform so you need to do a full swing in most of the strokes but if you like to play mid-far the table it’s just your blade!