Boosted H3 vs Boosted H3N?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
H3N is supposedly factory boosted
Who said that?
Do you believe that?
How long does "boosting" last?
Do you still think "boosting" is still effective after sitting in the wrapper for 2 months?
Don't you think the manufacturers know that "boosting" won't last long?
Who needs boosting anyway?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Who said that?
Do you believe that?
How long does "boosting" last?
Do you still think "boosting" is still effective after sitting in the wrapper for 2 months?
Don't you think the manufacturers know that "boosting" won't last long?
Who needs boosting anyway?

Nobody has ever managed to come up with any evidence that neo is factory boosted.
i think it is a myth.

The myth was often supported with pseudo evidence , like the layer of glue is the booster, or the layer of glue has been
applied OVER the booster to preserve it while in the shops, same for the vacuum package, while in the vacuum the booster should last long time.
BUT it all remains a myth and might well be supported by the manufacturer because it helps selling the stuff better.

Having said all that, I still have the opinion that H3 , if used with the proper skills, is a very good rubber.

Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.

DHS rubbers definitely work well with DHS’s own best selling Long V👍👍

It was just a test, and from one time i can't have the final judgment or impression/review so far, but hope it will be nice for long time until the time of replacement and not sure if i will try different rubbers by then or same, but i can say it was almost as good or even better than both Tenergy 80 i was using on the blade.

Now i ordered a replica of Long V blade but of the Cybershape design, if it has same material design of Long 5 then i want to think about which rubbers to use, it is not a DHS blade but a replica of one, what do you think, go with H3 [boosted or unboosted] rubbers?

This user has no status.
Your entire Chinese national team / provincial team, and pretty much most of the players in the World top 100/200/300?

About them, are they really need booster? Also, what kind of rubbers and boosters they are using or even blades? To my thinking i feel they all use different equipment than what commercial markets are selling to public, because i read that they have custom blades and custom rubbers, so why not also custom booster maybe, and they are using booster since long time ago, is the booster itself changed by the time or it is the same quality and component.

This user has no status.

Nobody has ever managed to come up with any evidence that neo is factory boosted.
i think it is a myth.

The myth was often supported with pseudo evidence , like the layer of glue is the booster, or the layer of glue has been
applied OVER the booster to preserve it while in the shops, same for the vacuum package, while in the vacuum the booster should last long time.
BUT it all remains a myth and might well be supported by the manufacturer because it helps selling the stuff better.

Having said all that, I still have the opinion that H3 , if used with the proper skills, is a very good rubber.

It is, but many are just so scared or so closed minded type as they use one rubber they like then they put other rubbers [or blades] down, i asked few players in the club about why not using H3 rubber for their FH at least, and many said "It is not that reliable one, if you can find one good then why not", and i told one of them that one coach is using H3 rubber on his FH then, and he replied "He is using the National version, that is a top quality another level rubber", oh WOW, really?!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

About them, are they really need booster? Also, what kind of rubbers and boosters they are using or even blades? To my thinking i feel they all use different equipment than what commercial markets are selling to public, because i read that they have custom blades and custom rubbers, so why not also custom booster maybe, and they are using booster since long time ago, is the booster itself changed by the time or it is the same quality and component.

hurricane unboosted and hurricane with boost are completely different rubbers.

Hurricane that has been boosted correctly can very well be the best rubber on the market for a mere $20 something. If you don’t boost it, it’s practically an ok rubber.

boosting is preference- but difficult to switch back to unboosted hurricane after you’ve used it boost it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Well, I can't cover all few hundred (or thousands) of them, but customization is no secret.
A few members who say it is a myth or who thinks it is illegal or what not might only have 'heresy" at most. But I have seen with my own eyes and felt in my own hand.

One of the players my company sponsored was offered few blades to test, include a customized version of what she has been using previously. They said that customized blade is not suited for the rubbers we choose and it doesn't make any technical sense to pair them. End of the day, the player did not choose that blade and went for one with better technology.
Who is this player? at best she was world 300~400 and received customized blade as an option.
Played a little bit in France, but due to unforeseen circumstance, she couldn't continue her road to stardom.
She was one of my Olympic hopefuls back in the day, but right now she is an airforce pilot and I am proud of her.
(I have achieved most of my checklists since being involved in the sport for other than myself dating back to 2012, and helping get a player to the Olympics is one of those unticked boxes, sadly)

Customized blade is no secret - Butterfly own website on its sponsored players has so many players using "custom alc", "custom zlc" etc. Any doubters that customized equipment is not available can just search Butterfly and you can see for yourself.

Then talking about rubbers, it is no secret that DHS makes customize rubbers, and they even commercialize them in retail packaging.
There are many forum members (not necessary only on this forum, but including in China) that says its nonsense, but I have DHS distribution price list and any DHS distributor can tell you the sku number and are able to order them.

Next, many brands who sponsor players, guess what, the rubbers don't come in "commericial packaging". We can call it bulk packaging if you want to call it like that. I know few players that are stars (including rising stars) that to get customized sponges (other than DHS). For example, T05 with harder sponge back then, and that led to T05 Hard today. I know at least 3 other brands other than DHS that did some customization before. I can't say all the brands do it, I do know world ranked sponsored players also receiving commercial packaging, but I would believe they wouldn't just get from any random batch, careful selection should be no brainer.

Now onto boosters
Do they really need boosters?
Yes, many players grew up with boosters, it is just part of the gluing process now.
Speed glue days - every pro and semi pro uses it, so why not boosters in today's era? I won't get into the technicality of legality aspect, but the game is slower due to regulation updates over the decades and everyone needs to make it faster and if you not going to do it, you in an disadvantage.
I know way more people using boosters (where I have they contact number in my phone) then people not using boosters.

There are also very different boosters brands out there. Only a few is known to the west (from what I can gather on this forum)
There are also many players who have they own "formula" of using boosters. They will use on both DHS and non DHS rubbers.
The gluing (and booster) used will also depend on the playing hall/environment.
Even players like Dima has openly said he will use different layers of glues and sponge hardness in summer vs in winter or bigger or smaller hall. I assume that video is seen by the masses, so I'm just highlight that different "gluing" habits for the player do exist.

So at the end of the day, I will leave it to you all that equipment is a lot more technical than you think. It is actually so technical that I feel I have little knowledge of it.
But then, in this forum, there are many who think they know more. I just see them as trolling from the truth.
I thought I knew alot, until I physically felt them myself and the more I engage in these circles, the more I can feel my lack of knowledge of the topic. I am always learning something new every day.

Technical skills is very important, I would say forumers should not bother about equipment and focus on getting the basics right first.
But for the elite, it shouldn't surprised you that these brands will do everything they can do, to help the players be more complete and customization is really the least they can do.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Hurricane that has been boosted correctly can very well be the best rubber on the market for a mere $20 something. If you don’t boost it, it’s practically an ok rubber.

boosting is preference- but difficult to switch back to unboosted hurricane after you’ve used it boost it.

So in this case i must use different rackets that some have unboosted H3 and some have boosted ones, but i am not good in those things i am not sure how to find out when the boosting effect is wearing of or gone if i don't use the blades more often enough, just like 2-4 times per month mostly.

This user has no status.

Well, I can't cover all few hundred (or thousands) of them, but customization is no secret.
A few members who say it is a myth or who thinks it is illegal or what not might only have 'heresy" at most. But I have seen with my own eyes and felt in my own hand.

One of the players my company sponsored was offered few blades to test, include a customized version of what she has been using previously. They said that customized blade is not suited for the rubbers we choose and it doesn't make any technical sense to pair them. End of the day, the player did not choose that blade and went for one with better technology.
Who is this player? at best she was world 300~400 and received customized blade as an option.
Played a little bit in France, but due to unforeseen circumstance, she couldn't continue her road to stardom.
She was one of my Olympic hopefuls back in the day, but right now she is an airforce pilot and I am proud of her.
(I have achieved most of my checklists since being involved in the sport for other than myself dating back to 2012, and helping get a player to the Olympics is one of those unticked boxes, sadly)

Customized blade is no secret - Butterfly own website on its sponsored players has so many players using "custom alc", "custom zlc" etc. Any doubters that customized equipment is not available can just search Butterfly and you can see for yourself.

Then talking about rubbers, it is no secret that DHS makes customize rubbers, and they even commercialize them in retail packaging.
There are many forum members (not necessary only on this forum, but including in China) that says its nonsense, but I have DHS distribution price list and any DHS distributor can tell you the sku number and are able to order them.

Next, many brands who sponsor players, guess what, the rubbers don't come in "commericial packaging". We can call it bulk packaging if you want to call it like that. I know few players that are stars (including rising stars) that to get customized sponges (other than DHS). For example, T05 with harder sponge back then, and that led to T05 Hard today. I know at least 3 other brands other than DHS that did some customization before. I can't say all the brands do it, I do know world ranked sponsored players also receiving commercial packaging, but I would believe they wouldn't just get from any random batch, careful selection should be no brainer.

Now onto boosters
Do they really need boosters?
Yes, many players grew up with boosters, it is just part of the gluing process now.
Speed glue days - every pro and semi pro uses it, so why not boosters in today's era? I won't get into the technicality of legality aspect, but the game is slower due to regulation updates over the decades and everyone needs to make it faster and if you not going to do it, you in an disadvantage.
I know way more people using boosters (where I have they contact number in my phone) then people not using boosters.

There are also very different boosters brands out there. Only a few is known to the west (from what I can gather on this forum)
There are also many players who have they own "formula" of using boosters. They will use on both DHS and non DHS rubbers.
The gluing (and booster) used will also depend on the playing hall/environment.
Even players like Dima has openly said he will use different layers of glues and sponge hardness in summer vs in winter or bigger or smaller hall. I assume that video is seen by the masses, so I'm just highlight that different "gluing" habits for the player do exist.

So at the end of the day, I will leave it to you all that equipment is a lot more technical than you think. It is actually so technical that I feel I have little knowledge of it.
But then, in this forum, there are many who think they know more. I just see them as trolling from the truth.
I thought I knew alot, until I physically felt them myself and the more I engage in these circles, the more I can feel my lack of knowledge of the topic. I am always learning something new every day.

Technical skills is very important, I would say forumers should not bother about equipment and focus on getting the basics right first.
But for the elite, it shouldn't surprised you that these brands will do everything they can do, to help the players be more complete and customization is really the least they can do.

Nice job to write all that, so appreciated.

Well, i have no business or just say i don't care much about what those pro players are using or choosing, be it original genuine ones or fake or customized i really don't care, i only watch them and i only buy what i can afford and available to my pocket, i won't cry and die for having only exact same equipment of top players are using, i will never compete in any pro tours or even be a pro top level player at all even if i start training everyday, not on this age, so i won't focus or think a lot about pro players equipment, it is just here there are sections about it, and many topics discussing about it, so i take some posts from here and there to have general assumption or thinking.

About booster, i really never care about it as well until i started to buy or use H3 rubbers, i bought one used and i never know which version it was and whether if it was boosted or not, but it was so tacky that i can easily or effortlessly return many balls back on table far or close to the table, but that racket was stolen from me, so then when my T80 rubbers died of my Long 5X blade i decided to try H3 rubbers again according to that one, first bought one standard for 5ply wood blade and unboosted, was just ok, then another one boosted, wasn't much better anyway, then two boosted for my Long 5X specifically one of them is Provincial, and that was really nice, almost like 3 weeks ago since I've got it but only yesterday i tried it seriously for some games with one opponent, both rubbers weren't same as the first one used i had before, but both performed great with the blade, i mean the old used one i used was almost better for control and defensive, while those two were amazing for attack or offensive, so i am not sure i am happy or not yet, also i won't try to find out if they are original rubbers or not, i even never bothered myself to see if that blade DHS Long 5X i have is original or just commercial one or fake or not matching any of top players blades such as Ma Long, he is not using Long 5X version anyway, and not sure about other players using same blade of L5.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

As of course it would be difficult to change from any sticky chinese rubber to some european tensor rubber, right ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Nice job to write all that, so appreciated.

All good
I wrote with intention for all to see, so it isn't just for you.

However, I find it strange you ask the question and then you said you have no business needing to know the answer.
Shall I just ignore all your questions going forward?

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

As of course it would be difficult to change from any sticky chinese rubber to some european tensor rubber, right ?

Maybe one day in the future where European tensor rubber, or ESN rather (one German company) can come up with better rubbers to compete, you might see more changes.

If you take out DHS and Japanese rubbers out of the equation, the market left for European tensors is actually really really small in the Pro space. It is sponsorship contractors that are keeping European tensors alive and many of them have "extra hard" sponge to get as close to as possible to what the non European tensor players are using.

In terms of CNT, they are known to have clone players, that will copy the style and equipment usage of non Chinese players. Some of them in history has done so well that their, themselves had achieve great records.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Maybe one day in the future where European tensor rubber, or ESN rather (one German company) can come up with better rubbers to compete, you might see more changes.

If you take out DHS and Japanese rubbers out of the equation, the market left for European tensors is actually really really small in the Pro space. It is sponsorship contractors that are keeping European tensors alive and many of them have "extra hard" sponge to get as close to as possible to what the non European tensor players are using.

In terms of CNT, they are known to have clone players, that will copy the style and equipment usage of non Chinese players. Some of them in history has done so well that their, themselves had achieve great records.

Oh that's interesting. I knew that CNT create clone players, but I didn't know that they also copy the equipment. But actually that does make sense.

I'm actually surprised that more European players are not using Chinese rubbers. Chinese rubbers heavily boosted are quite marvelous.

Is H3 the rubber that can take on the most layers of booster? If so, I have a theory that the reason CNT loves H3 is for the singular reason that it allows the most layers of booster before the sponge fails. Recently I started playing with a sheet of Nittaku Hurricane orange, and it was pretty bad rubber for me out of package. It was slow, and didn't grip the ball well, and was just unimpressive. I kept adding layers of booster one after another and still found it unimpressive. Finally after 4 layers of booster, it reached a sweet spot and I found that it produced powerful loops. Compared to a friend's Dignics 09c, it is just as powerful. A mate who I play with asked me if I changed rubber or if I got stronger, because he felt my loops were much heavier than before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I'm actually surprised that more European players are not using Chinese rubbers. Chinese rubbers heavily boosted are quite marvelous.Michael Zhuang;379063

There are some that uses it. Dima at one stage also tried but I don't think it lasted a year.
With Dignics 09C out, many European players are using that now.
At one stage I had an European player in the top 100 who wanted to buy H3 BS national (1 month old ones) out of my hands. He said he can only get 3 to 6 months old ones.
I only had 2 left, so didn't sell mine to him.

I'm actually surprised that more European players are not using Chinese rubbers. Chinese rubbers heavily boosted are quite marvelous.

Is H3 the rubber that can take on the most layers of booster? If so, I have a theory that the reason CNT loves H3 is for the singular reason that it allows the most layers of booster before the sponge fails. Recently I started playing with a sheet of Nittaku Hurricane orange, and it was pretty bad rubber for me out of package. It was slow, and didn't grip the ball well, and was just unimpressive. I kept adding layers of booster one after another and still found it unimpressive. Finally after 4 layers of booster, it reached a sweet spot and I found that it produced powerful loops. Compared to a friend's Dignics 09c, it is just as powerful. A mate who I play with asked me if I changed rubber or if I got stronger, because he felt my loops were much heavier than before.

On theory, any denser/firmer sponge would allow for more layers of booster. But too much booster is a disaster too.
Top sheet and sponge can separate within the 1st hour of practice.

Of course there are different types of boosters out there. So it is impossible to generalize using "number of layers". Since all boosters act differently and require different layers with different rubbers.

Your Nittaku Hurricane, the 5 year old one you had? Not sure if the aging of 5 years is a true reflection there. I have heard a lot of good views on the Nittaku version, especially on its stickiness of the ball - of which your one had none.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
There are some that uses it. Dima at one stage also tried but I don't think it lasted a year.
With Dignics 09C out, many European players are using that now.

On theory, any denser/firmer sponge would allow for more layers of booster. But too much booster is a disaster too.
Top sheet and sponge can separate within the 1st hour of practice.

Your Nittakue Hurricane, the 5 year old one you had? Not sure if the aging of 5 years is a true reflection there. I have heard a lot of good views on the Nittaku version, especially on its stickiness of the ball - of which your one had none.

Yes the 5 year old one became quite a monster eventually after several layers of booster. Its not really sticky at all, but it feels grippier than before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Yes the 5 year old one became quite a monster eventually after several layers of booster. Its not really sticky at all, but it feels grippier than before.

so out of the package as you claim is already a deteriorated rubber. So as I pointed out (and I think a few others did too in your other thread), it isn't fair on the rubber that you keep saying it is "new" or "straight out of the package".

5 years is an awful long time to be honest

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

so out of the package as you claim is already a deteriorated rubber. So as I pointed out (and I think a few others did too in your other thread), it isn't fair on the rubber that you keep saying it is "new" or "straight out of the package".

5 years is an awful long time to be honest

Well my friend just brought a new Nittaku Hurricane today, and I just tried it. It was bad just like my original. Just slow and dead.

But my 4 layer boosted one feels really awesome now.

This user has no status.
All good
I wrote with intention for all to see, so it isn't just for you.

However, I find it strange you ask the question and then you said you have no business needing to know the answer.
Shall I just ignore all your questions going forward?

I said i have no business or don't care about what pro top high level players are using, many others care, but me no, as i will never reach even 1% of their levels and i can't afford their equipment if customized and very expensive special, i never meant i have no business for answers from you and others, don't misunderstand me please.