What are the diffrences between those rubbers?

This user has no status.
I ordered Fang Bo Carbon recently and i am going to put my 1 year old Bluefire M3's on it. But i think i need new rubbers bc my M3's are not grippy AT ALL right now.
After a huge research, i've found some rubbers that will work best for me, but everybody is saying different things. I need some help about chosing them. BTW, i'm going to use it on FH (NO BOOSTER). Copying chinese technique.

DHS Hurricane 3 NEO (commercial)
DHS Skyline TG 3 NEO (also commercial)
Yinhe Big Dipper
Sanwei Target National
Yinhe Apollo 5
Moon Pro

Can someone compare those rubbers; Throw Angle, Gears, Speed, Spin, Quality, Durability, Topsheet/sponge, Tackiness, etc...

I've heard about Jupiter 2 and Battle 2 commercial, they are too slow for my playing style IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I ordered Fang Bo Carbon recently and i am going to put my 1 year old Bluefire M3's on it. But i think i need new rubbers bc my M3's are not grippy AT ALL right now.
After a huge research, i've found some rubbers that will work best for me, but everybody is saying different things. I need some help about chosing them. BTW, i'm going to use it on FH (NO BOOSTER). Copying chinese technique.

DHS Hurricane 3 NEO (commercial)
DHS Skyline TG 3 NEO (also commercial)
Yinhe Big Dipper
Sanwei Target National
Yinhe Apollo 5
Moon Pro

Can someone compare those rubbers; Throw Angle, Gears, Speed, Spin, Quality, Durability, Topsheet/sponge, Tackiness, etc...

I've heard about Jupiter 2 and Battle 2 commercial, they are too slow for my playing style IMO.
Big Dipper and Apollo 5 are hybrid rubbers with good speed, power, and spin. They are mostly similar to each other, with Apollo 5 being slightly tackier.

H3 is much slower and less bouncy, but tackier and spinnier than the Yinhe rubbers.

Sanwei Target National is closer to H3 than to Yinhe, but a little faster than H3. You could say it is in between Yinhe and H3, but closer to H3.

If you find Jupiter 2 and Battle 2 too slow, then you will probably feel H3 and Sanwei are too slow. You should go with Big Dipper or Apollo 5.

This user has no status.
Big Dipper and Apollo 5 are hybrid rubbers with good speed, power, and spin. They are mostly similar to each other, with Apollo 5 being slightly tackier.

H3 is much slower and less bouncy, but tackier and spinnier than the Yinhe rubbers.

Sanwei Target National is closer to H3 than to Yinhe, but a little faster than H3. You could say it is in between Yinhe and H3, but closer to H3.

If you find Jupiter 2 and Battle 2 too slow, then you will probably feel H3 and Sanwei are too slow. You should go with Big Dipper or Apollo 5.

What about Skyline or moon pro?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

What about Skyline or moon pro?

Ive only used moon speed. But anyway, moon is more of a backhand rubber i think. The sponge is medium hardness, and its softer than all the other you listed. So it's not really comparable to the other rubbers, which are hard, forehand rubbers.

Never tried skyline, but its probably not fast enough for you. It's probably closer to H3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A friend of mine was using Apollo 5 on forehand and Big Dipper on backhand on a HL5 blade (similar to fang bo carbon).

His setup was overall very good, fast, powerful, and decent spin.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THE NUMBERS TO RULE THE SPORT.
A greater Schob rebound index indicates better trampoline effect innate to the rubber. As an exemplary rubber to compare with, Schob index for ©Butterrfly Tenergy-05 was determined at 51%. Manufacturers unwilling to unfold the numbers in public, for fear of money loss.

Be happy

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
stick a h3 commercial and improve your technique, if is this what you want.
absolutely !

There is however an oximoron in the OPs opening statement, here it is:
"i'm going to use it on FH (NO BOOSTER). Copying chinese technique."

Chinese technique works so well ( with eg, H3) because WE DO boost them. 😂😂

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
absolutely !

There is however an oximoron in the OPs opening statement, here it is:
"i'm going to use it on FH (NO BOOSTER). Copying chinese technique."

Chinese technique works so well ( with eg, H3) because WE DO boost them. 😂😂
Lol yes boosting is a must. Otherwise just save yourself some money and buy Friendship 729 soft. you cannot boost that thing. It gets way too soft. And for $10-$13 a sheet, you don't plan to boost, then get 729.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Lol yes boosting is a must. Otherwise just save yourself some money and buy Friendship 729 soft. you cannot boost that thing. It gets way too soft. And for $10-$13 a sheet, you don't plan to boost, then get 729.
indeed there are plenty of rubbers that will give a decent play . I can remember
some Kokutaku, some Eagle 61 second and some globe 999. All were cheap as dirt and some they gave you 2 for the price of 1 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
indeed there are plenty of rubbers that will give a decent play . I can remember
some Kokutaku, some Eagle 61 second and some globe 999. All were cheap as dirt and some they gave you 2 for the price of 1 😁
I have been pleasantly surprised vy $5 Sanwei T88 ULTRA Spin Table Tennis Rubber Half-sticky Speed Training. I put it on a fast 5-ply wood and it is quite fast and spinny. It is not tacky like Sanwei Target National. overall just feels like a toned down version of STN which at $5 a sheet is very very impressive. I thought if that's a "training rubber" in China, what kind of monster rubber do they really play with over there? Lol!

Right now I am boosting a Mercury II (also $5), and it should be ready for installion on that tomorrow. Hope it plays well and at $5 a sheet, my expectation is pretty low.

By comparison the Friendship 729 soft at $10-$13 is no longer very compeitive at all.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Right now I am boosting a Mercury II (also $5), and it should be ready for installion on that tomorrow. Hope it plays well and at $5 a sheet, my expectation is pretty low.
WOW !
if you are talking about the Mercury II in the blue cover, the one with the creamy-white sponge,
I could not play it at all. The balls bounced off my blade before I could do anything with it. Have you played it before without boosting ?
shopping

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
WOW !
if you are talking about the Mercury II in the blue cover, the one with the creamy-white sponge,
I could not play it at all. The balls bounced off my blade before I could do anything with it. Have you played it before without boosting ?
shopping
Yes, that's the one. I have not tried it before. Please see the review below. I really really like his website. Unfortunately he looks to be busy and the website has not been updated. But his reviews of the few rubbers and blades seem to be very good! He tried Mercury II and really really liked it, at $5 a sheet. He lamented that he did not boost it. So here I am, boosting it so I can see what it feels like. I use Falco temp long. One layer, nothing happened. Two layers later, it has been doming overnight. I am ready to put it on tonight or tomorrow night. I don't want to boost it too much. When the rubber becomes worn and old, I can always peel it off and go crazy with a second round of boosting later on. I am going to put it on the Tibhar Sasamnov Pro (blue), red. The black side will be H3 neo boosted. I will then be able to compared if the $5 Mercury II holds weight against my $20 H3 neo!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yes, that's the one. I have not tried it before. Please see the review below. I really really like his website. Unfortunately he looks to be busy and the website has not been updated. But his reviews of the few rubbers and blades seem to be very good! He tried Mercury II and really really liked it, at $5 a sheet. He lamented that he did not boost it. So here I am, boosting it so I can see what it feels like. I use Falco temp long. One layer, nothing happened. Two layers later, it has been doming overnight. I am ready to put it on tonight or tomorrow night. I don't want to boost it too much. When the rubber becomes worn and old, I can always peel it off and go crazy with a second round of boosting later on. I am going to put it on the Tibhar Sasamnov Pro (blue), red. The black side will be H3 neo boosted. I will then be able to compared if the $5 Mercury II holds weight against my $20 H3 neo!

I use Falco temp long. One layer, nothing happened. Two layers later, it has been doming overnight.

funny you should mention it 😂😂😂

IMG20230609142445.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
..............but similar procedure, first layer just flattened the rubber, second layer domed it a bit and what shows on the pic is the 3rd layer.
This rubber was such a dog i decided i might as well go all the way 😁
Yes it is like $5 only. Ok I will add a third layer tonight. What the heck....... By the way I have a black sheet not taken out of the package yet so if I mess up the red sheet, I have a back-up.

I will be really really curious, on the same blade, boosted H3 neo black v.s. boosted Mercury II red, which one will be better!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I boosted Mercury 2 (with baby oil) and that thing became very fast and spinny. I've only played with maybe 5 different FH rubbers so far but boosted M2 felt like it produced the most dangerous shots (with my beginner form at least).

The problem was that the topsheet seemed to weaken and it the started to show all sorts of wear and tear very quickly. It still played fine but looked so ugly that I tossed it after about 40 hours of total play. Still amazing value for 5 bucks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I boosted Mercury 2 (with baby oil) and that thing became very fast and spinny. I've only played with maybe 5 different FH rubbers so far but boosted M2 felt like it produced the most dangerous shots (with my beginner form at least).

The problem was that the topsheet seemed to weaken and it the started to show all sorts of wear and tear very quickly. It still played fine but looked so ugly that I tossed it after about 40 hours of total play. Still amazing value for 5 bucks.
think about it
40 hours for 5 bucks
400 hours for 50 bucks

if you do that comparison, its not so bad.

Mercury II is Yinhe's top seller in the entry level market in Asia
Many brands "gave up" trying to compete