Need Rubber advice!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi Guys!

I'm a pretty intermediate player who really got into the sport a year back. I'm decent enough to be in my universities team but lack some of the basics that I'm currently working on, such as footwork and shot selection.

I started playing out with a Yinhe V-14 Pro and AK-47 Blue and Red Rubber. I really like the blade but after about 6-8 months I changed the rubbers cause I felt my basics weren't being worked on. I changed to Friendship 729 and have felt my game improve immensely, particularly when it comes to accuracy and hand movement. I've now been playing with these for a little less than a year and was wondering what you guys would recommend now? I would like to keep the same blade and my game play is naturally a bit neutral, albeit more so on the defensive style, however I've also started gravitating towards taking more risks and being more attacking.

Open to any suggestions!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I don't see anything wrong with your existing rubber. Why not just play with the AK47? It can do everything you need.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I don't want to revert back to AK47 and feel I can play with a rubber offering a little more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I don't want to revert back to AK47 and feel I can play with a rubber offering a little more.

Well if you want something a little more than AK47, I guess your likely choice would be German rubbers. There are literally hundreds of German rubbers out there. But I guess Evolution MXP and Fastarc G1 are the popular choices.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
For more offensive capabilities, you can try the popular Nittaku Fastarc G1 on the BH and Hurricane 3 Neo on the forehand. I think the H3 is more offensive than classic 729 rubbers but may be slower than some of the newer 729 hybrids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Is it the 729 Super FX rubbers you have? These are quite slow, but your blade is quite fast. I've played a lot with V14 PRO and I like it with harder sponged rubbers like Hurricane 3 and Big Dipper. There are tons of rubbers a bit more speedy and spinnier than Super FX. Some examples are Pimplepark EPOS, LOKI Rxton III, Sanwei Taiji Plus, Yinhe Big Dipper, 729 Battle series or DHS Hurricane 3...