Stiga Cybershape for a long pimple chopper/attacker

Hey guys,
I’m thinking of upgrading my current setup very soon. This is my current setup: Butterfly Petr Korbel blade, Butterfly Rozena on fh, Butterfly Feint Soft on bh.
This is the setup I’m thinking of upgrading to very soon: Stiga Cybershape blade, Dignics 64 on fh, Dr. Neubauer Desperado 2 on bh. I really like the looks and review of the Cybershape blade, I think it will fit my fh needs. Do you guys think that it will be too fast for long pips chopping?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Check out the cybershape combo type blade used by Pete May who is father of chopper Derek May , former USA National Team memeber
Read my post on this subject first in full especially the 3 things a combination chopper needs in the 40+ plastic ball era
Post #23 in the thread below.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?24396-Blade-choice-for-combination-play/page2
You will see a link there to a video showing Pete May's racket in action.
You can have custom blade maker make one for you

Why would you want to use an offensive blade like Stiga Cybershape for chopping ? Very bad idea

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have no experience with long pips but i tried the Stiga Cybershape with Short pips (forehand) and antitop (backhand).
If you have the right technique you will be able to handle the shots but it's not really suitable for that playstyle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I have no experience with long pips but i tried the Stiga Cybershape with Short pips (forehand) and antitop (backhand).
If you have the right technique you will be able to handle the shots but it's not really suitable for that playstyle

If I am not mistaken, are you are using red rubbers both sides starting at about 0:30 of the above video ?
Not that I am against it. In fact I am all for it. 😂

What short pips are you using ? Same as Falck ?

Sushmit Sriram uses same combo as you though his rubbers are Dr.Neubauer (as he is sponsored by them)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

If I am not mistaken, are you are using red rubbers both sides starting at about 0:30 of the above video ?
Not that I am against it. In fact I am all for it. 😂

What short pips are you using ? Same as Falck ?

Sushmit Sriram uses same combo as you though his rubbers are Dr.Neubauer (as he is sponsored by them)

Never mind. Stupid question. I see you are using Tornado Supreme Short pips
Falck uses Rakza PO short pips I think. I tried Rakza PO on forehand & l sort of iked it

Your forehand is very high level & also noticed even lifted (sort of looped) a few balls with your short pips
On your backhand are you using Dr.Neubauer anti ? Which one ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

Hi Andrea, what are the main adv / disadvantages of the FH SP on the Cybershape specifically vs say a Falck setup?i.e. Ease of Flat hitting vs all types of spins, on both net height and higher balls, looping various spins with the SP, push / controlling game, as well as serve/receive.

I'm yet to see any player outside of you on video, and whilst I'm almost certainly going to buy it, now there is a Wooden cybershape [less tempting, but a consideration nonetheless].I'm using Razka PO max (FH) on a Nittaku Acoustic Inner carbon.

This is me playing very early on in my change from MX-P -> Razka, after a 12 month injury layoff.

.As you can see, the typical advantages of SP on the FH for me, are being able to consistently attack with any ball with height, including slow spinny topspin. Good ability to keep the touch tight in receive / pushing, ability to flat hit lower balls if your timing / technique are good. I see that Truls and other cybershape players are able to do the same [good control, whilst able to flat hit], even with traditional rubber. When I have fewer health problems, I am able to consistently loop any ball, much like you are able to, with the FH pips.I also enjoy the slightly lighter FH rubber, giving my BH a bit more feeling and hence enabling higher quality balls with the BH. I.e. BH loops / smashes, along with making theoverall setup slightly more wieldy [180g vs 195g].Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan