Looking for sth to play with BTY Primorac OFF-

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi guys,
I choose a little weird option, because im thinking about playing on bty primorac with:
bh: rakza 7 soft
fh: donic acuda s3
But im not a "speed" player, I prefer having fun with spin but also long distance topspins.
What do you think about this setup? For me I would really like to try rakze 7 soft on bh, but forehand I can change.

Thanks in advance for every help!
Have a best 2023 year!

Reactions: thomas.pong
Hi guys,
I choose a little weird option, because im thinking about playing on bty primorac with:
But im not a "speed" player, I prefer having fun with spin but also long distance topspins.
What do you think about this setup? For me I would really like to try rakze 7 soft on bh, but forehand I can change.

Have a best 2023 year!
Rakza 7 soft is a really slow rubber. Unless you are a beginner I would select something else for that blade.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I think the Rakza 7 Soft is a wise choice, on both sides it would be nice I guess. Now about the long distance with a control setup like this one, it's all about the thickness: start with 2.0mm, if it's too much then the 1.8mm, if not enough then max thickness, could be one side that needs to get a different thickness, for example if you think the 2.0mm is ok on the BH side but the FH needs more, then increase to max on the FH side alone.

The Acuda S3 to me seems a bit slowish indeed, and not that spinny for a spin guy as you describe yourself, you'll have to use really raw power at long distance for top spins and I guess that might be a little bit exhausting.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Now about the long distance with a control setup like this one, it's all about the thickness: start with 2.0mm, if it's too much then the 1.8mm, if not enough then max thickness
Thanks for answer, what do you think about thickness if I go with rakza 7 on fh and 7 soft on bh, because I heard that you should choose on bh -2 "degrees" than its on fh, but I didnt find info about it with rakza 7/7soft. Do you think its better to start with 2.0 on both sides or for example 2.0 fh and 1.8 bh.
Btw. just in case, did you hear about sth like "better choose black color than red" on rakza 7/7 soft?
Thanks a lot once again :).

Thanks for answer, what do you think about thickness if I go with rakza 7 on fh and 7 soft on bh, because I heard that you should choose on bh -2 "degrees" than its on fh, but I didnt find info about it with rakza 7/7soft. Do you think its better to start with 2.0 on both sides or for example 2.0 fh and 1.8 bh.
Btw. just in case, did you hear about sth like "better choose black color than red" on rakza 7/7 soft?
I don’t think it matters much, specially for someone who is looking. It would be interesting to know what you are using now.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

You were going to choose something way harder and faster on the BH side than the FH. There's no real issue until reaching the 50+ ° hardness, I've been playin for decades with same thickness and hardness on both sides, now I'm currently using Stiga DNA Pro M 2.1 on both sides, they're both rated 47.5 by Stiga but they feel more controllable than other 47°ESN rubbers, specially the Rasanter R47 or Tibhar MX-P, the 7 soft is really gentle so there's no really need to reduce the thickness or trying to adjust a -2° hardness. It's all about your feelings, try them before, and you'll know what's better. You could indeed try to use 2 different thickness with the same rubber as a test, and twiddling your racket's side to see the difference on each side. Some powerfull BH players even use a harder rubber on the BH side, like Liang Jin Kun who plays either H3 national blue sponge on the BH and the H8 on the FH... and sometimes he will do the opposite !

The red or black choice does not apply to ESN rubbers like the Yasaka, it can apply to DHS sticky rubbers since the pigments they use affect the rubbers' properties for sure. For example Alexis Lebrun was playing black on FH with the Butterfly D09C, now that' he has switched to Tibhar he plays red on FH with K3, when Darko Jorgic uses the black on FH whiklst being a BH dominant player, as more or less Alexis Lebrun is too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
I don’t think it matters much, specially for someone who is looking. It would be interesting to know what you are using now.

Cheers
L-zr

Some full Joola setup that I got for present from a parents. Even if it was then not full spinny or fast, I was beating many guys with really good for example, acuda, barracuda setup ;P.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi guys,

Have a best 2023 year!
Using Rakza 7 soft and M3 on a Primorac whilst playing away from table is a recipe for disaster. An off - blade with mushy soft rubber means at those far away distance, you ball will most like cannot clear the net or you will need to use tonnes of strength to force it over which means you will lose control and your arm will tire easily especially if you play for hours.

If you prefer playing far from table, you need something that offers more oomph! Donic M1 on both side if you can handle the speed or else M2 for more control but slightly less offense. Or a 3rd option, put two sheets of Donic Baracuda, the grandad or first gen ESN / Tensor rubber. It is a nice compromise between speed and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Using Rakza 7 soft and M3 on a Primorac whilst playing away from table is a recipe for disaster. An off - blade with mushy soft rubber means at those far away distance, you ball will most like cannot clear the net or you will need to use tonnes of strength to force it over which means you will lose control and your arm will tire easily especially if you play for hours.

If you prefer playing far from table, you need something that offers more oomph! Donic M1 on both side if you can handle the speed or else M2 for more control but slightly less offense. Or a 3rd option, put two sheets of Donic Baracuda, the grandad or first gen ESN / Tensor rubber. It is a nice compromise between speed and control.

You are right, I had Primorac with Acuda S3 and Bluefire M3 and playing away from a table was difficult. After changing them for harder rubbers it is much easier to play in distance, also control is better.

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna