Boosting on hurricane 3 national 41 degree

This user has no status.
Never used Falco.

I put 3 layers of Seamoon booster sandwiched by glue. Standard boosting technique used in China
Yes, it's true, seamoon is a better booster, it's not as greasy and it's thicker. It is definitely worth mentioning the effect of the booster and the use of glue. The booster ensures the elasticity of the sponge. The hardness of rubber 41° is high (it's like concrete). The first two layers of the booster on the sponge ensure the stretching of the rubber and an increase in elasticity. The last layer of the booster also softens the glue, this creates a completely different feeling (softening) when playing and significantly increases speed.

Reactions: ttarc and Equaaz
This user has no status.
Whats the benefit or purpose of sandwiching the booster with glue?

Why not just apply booster directly to sponge?
Each booster dissolves the glue (that is, the glue softens), creating a catapult effect, and this is the meaning that is necessary for Chinese rubbers with thick sponge, because they are otherwise very slow. Put two layers on the sponge, then apply several layers of glue and finally put one more layer of booster and stick the rubber on the blade.
You don't have to come up with anything else!
Note: Haifu booster contains 60% natural rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Each booster dissolves the glue (that is, the glue softens), creating a catapult effect, and this is the meaning that is necessary for Chinese rubbers with thick sponge, because they are otherwise very slow. Put two layers on the sponge, then apply several layers of glue and finally put one more layer of booster and stick the rubber on the blade.
You don't have to come up with anything else!
Note:
Haifu booster contains 60% natural rubber.
This doesn't sound right to me. I often just apply booster directly to the sponge without any glue layer, and it creates a catapult effect.

I'm not sure if there is an additional benefit of applying a glue layer before booster.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This doesn't sound right to me. I often just apply booster directly to the sponge without any glue layer, and it creates a catapult effect.

I'm not sure if there is an additional benefit of applying a glue layer before booster.
I do the same, I could never see any sense in using glue first.
I can only assume that those who practice the above mentioned system try to create a thick layer between blade and sponge to get the extra catapult effect.
Interesting is that in the demo-videos for Revo3 glue they claim to exactly achieve this extra layer using 3 layers of the glue.

Speed , while actually being a measurable quantity, remains a "relative thing". Ever so often during club nights I get matched up against one of the top guns and indeed mostly I can not even get my blade in the position to make contact with the incoming ball. But having admitted to this, one of my nasty backhand flicks aimed carefully at the opponents elbow will have them go and pick up the ball from the floor as well. Speed is not everything and I boost because i get the better feel for the ball with the cheap crappy chinese rubbers I can afford. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I use the H3 41deg with Haifu Seamoon Booster. I usually glue a thin layer (TTRevolution No.3 Glue - Normal Viscosity) on the sponge and then add as many layers I need for it to curl as I like it. Often 3-4. I found out that it could be a bit uneven when not adding the glue first. This is only my observations, but it works good for me. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I use the H3 41deg with Haifu Seamoon Booster. I usually glue a thin layer (TTRevolution No.3 Glue - Normal Viscosity) on the sponge and then add as many layers I need for it to curl as I like it. Often 3-4. I found out that it could be a bit uneven when not adding the glue first. This is only my observations, but it works good for me. :)

I suspect it is a bit like how a drop of water on plastic is quite defined in how it spreads out, but put a piece of paper over the glass and the drop disperses as it is absorbed by the piece of paper

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Без названия (6).png

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
The same way you do with any booster.

- 1 layer of glue, let dry.
If you don't want to add more glue layers, make it slightly thicker.

- 1 light layer of booster, let dry, about 24h.

- 1 light layer of glue, let dry.
If you did a thicker layer, don't apply additional glue.

- 1 normal layer of booster.

- You can leave it at 2 layers or repeat last step one more time. I think blue sponge likes 3~4 layers, orange is fine even with 2 layers.

Each layer should take longer to dry, whole process will take up to a week, if you want it to u dome, you may wanna wait a few more days before gluing. It would be useful if you don't want it lifting on the edges.