Long V vs. Harimoto Alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Has anyone played with the Long V and Harimoto alc?

Wondering differences given they are both inner alc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Don’t believe that, the speed is approximately an inverse of control. To be “a lot faster with the same control is not possible”.

Cheers
L-zr
You can't say that definitively.

You can have higher speed with the same control if the spin increases with the speed, keeping the same ball arc. Good ball arc corresponds with good control.

Another possibility of the meaning of "control" is dwell time. So perhaps they both have the same good "controlled' feeling -> 'more control".

Another possibility is in relation to the power ramp; a "controlled" blade will have a linear, predictable, and thus "controlled" feeling.

In summation, Michael played with both, and despite H5 having higher speed (doesn't specify over a range or top max), both felt have good control (with the rubbers he used).

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Long 5 is a lot faster. Both have good control.
I disagree, the Harimoto feels harder and is faster, the HL5 feels dull and slower much like the IF ALC.

I had 3 Harimoto ALC, 4 IF ALC and 1 HL5 at one point, and tried several other HL5's which all gave me the same feeling.

This user has no status.
You can't say that definitively.

You can have higher speed with the same control if the spin increases with the speed, keeping the same ball arc. Good ball arc corresponds with good control.

Another possibility of the meaning of "control" is dwell time. So perhaps they both have the same good "controlled' feeling -> 'more control".

Another possibility is in relation to the power ramp; a "controlled" blade will have a linear, predictable, and thus "controlled" feeling.

In summation, Michael played with both, and despite H5 having higher speed (doesn't specify over a range or top max), both felt have good control (with the rubbers he used).
When you say dwell time, whats this is about? Could you give an example?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I disagree, the Harimoto feels harder and is faster, the HL5 feels dull and slower much like the IF ALC.

I had 3 Harimoto ALC, 4 IF ALC and 1 HL5 at one point, and tried several other HL5's which all gave me the same feeling.
I've only played with the Harimoto ALC maybe 4 or 5 times. But each time, I was never very impressed by it. It felt hard on impact, but had a good amount of flex on the blade, but to me each time I used it it felt slow. I never felt there was much penetration or power to my shots. When I look up revspin, I see a lot of people give it low speed ratings as well, which sorta matches my impression of the blade.

HL5 is different, it feels softer on impact, also has good flex, but I feel there is much more penetration on my shots. The top end speed feels good to me.

Btw, I'm mainly using the Stuor Harimoto SZLC clone blade now. And I find that it has way more catapult (also a fair amount of flex and dwell time) than the Harimoto ALC.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I've only played with the Harimoto ALC maybe 4 or 5 times. But each time, I was never very impressed by it. It felt hard on impact, but had a good amount of flex on the blade, but to me each time I used it it felt slow. I never felt there was much penetration or power to my shots. When I look up revspin, I see a lot of people give it low speed ratings as well, which sorta matches my impression of the blade.

HL5 is different, it feels softer on impact, also has good flex, but I feel there is much more penetration on my shots. The top end speed feels good to me.

Btw, I'm mainly using the Stuor Harimoto SZLC clone blade now. And I find that it has way more catapult (also a fair amount of flex and dwell time) than the Harimoto ALC.
Have you tried any other stuor blades? I am getting some yinhe rubbers soon, was thinking of getting a stuor.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Have you tried any other stuff blades? I am getting some yinhe rubbers soon, was thinking of getting a stuor or limur (or whatever) as well.
Sure I've tried a lot of blades. I also see some friends around me using the Ovtcharov Carbospeed. This is a very stiff and thick blade, so I guess I'm not a big fan of this type of blade.

Which Stuor or Lemuria are you thinking of getting. I highly recommend them and have bought several including for friends. I recently just ordered a Stuor Long5 clone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Sure I've tried a lot of blades. I also see some friends around me using the Ovtcharov Carbospeed. This is a very stiff and thick blade, so I guess I'm not a big fan of this type of blade.

Which Stuor or Lemuria are you thinking of getting. I highly recommend them and have bought several including for friends. I recently just ordered a Stuor Long5 clone.
Oops, I mean stuor, not stuff ( stupid autocorrect). Yeah, was thinking about the long5 clone. (Whatever is 'closest' to w968, if that can be a reality)

How is the harimoto szlc? Think it is worth trying compared to long alc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Oops, I mean stuor, not stuff ( stupid autocorrect). Yeah, was thinking about the long5 clone. (Whatever is 'closest' to w968, if that can be a reality)

How is the harimoto szlc? Think it is worth trying compared to long alc?
I have a Lemuria Zhang Jike S-ZLC clone blade. This blade is one of my favorites, and I like it much more than any Viscaria. It's very fast and catapulty, but it surprisingly has good dwell time and doesn't feel stiff. Compared to Viscaria, I think it feels softer, so maybe their Koto wood is a softer type. It's really fun to hit backhand power-drives with this. This is a driving and smashing dream, but also loops well.

The Stuor Harimoto SZLC clone is nice too. The feeling is quite soft, softer than my Fang Bo carbon. I don't know why that is, but maybe they just use a softer limba wood, and gives quite a lot of dwell time. It also is very fast and has a lot of catapult. Like the Long ALC, this is also very much a looper's blade. The only thing I dislike about is that the blade is thicker and handle is thicker than the fang bo carbon. This makes it more difficult to maneuver over the table. If you want something a bit faster than the Long ALC but also with dwell time for looping, I think this is a great blade.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
I'm currently using a Stuor Long 5. It is my first blade with carbon layer and I like it very much. It has good dwell-time. And very controllable. Limba surface gives it a springy feeling. While looping strong the ball goes with the speed of light even with unboosted Chinese sticky rubbers. Stuor Long 5 is definitely OFF+. I have never used OFF+ blades, only had Off, off-. It is much faster than my old BTY Korbel MagicHand which is OFF. And gives the same controll. I've never used expensive blades so I can't compare the quality

Reactions: tabletennisdaily1
Nov 2022
I have a Lemuria Zhang Jike S-ZLC clone blade. This blade is one of my favorites, and I like it much more than any Viscaria. It's very fast and catapulty, but it surprisingly has good dwell time and doesn't feel stiff. Compared to Viscaria, I think it feels softer, so maybe their Koto wood is a softer type. It's really fun to hit backhand power-drives with this. This is a driving and smashing dream, but also loops well.

The Stuor Harimoto SZLC clone is nice too. The feeling is quite soft, softer than my Fang Bo carbon. I don't know why that is, but maybe they just use a softer limba wood, and gives quite a lot of dwell time. It also is very fast and has a lot of catapult. Like the Long ALC, this is also very much a looper's blade. The only thing I dislike about is that the blade is thicker and handle is thicker than the fang bo carbon. This makes it more difficult to maneuver over the table. If you want something a bit faster than the Long ALC but also with dwell time for looping, I think this is a great blade.
Ohh these are 2 blades I wanted to buy. Can you compare Lemuria ZJK SZLC and Harimoto SZLC? One is outer carbon, another is inner. Which one can play better with Chinese hard rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Which Yinhe rubbers are you getting?
I have tried mercury 2 (really surprised, awesome semi tacky rubber for $5) and big dipper, but on a for fun chopping setup. From your praise, I want to try Jupiter 3 and compare it with Big Dipper on the same blade to get the best of comparison between the two. I am still thinking should backhand rubber: try Jupiter 38 and bd 38 for backhand (but I know that requires a bit more technique), or just stick with something safe like moon speed.

I think I will just go with long this time around, but they are so cheap it is hard to resist, and I will probably end up with more in the future 🤔

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ohh these are 2 blades I wanted to buy. Can you compare Lemuria ZJK SZLC and Harimoto SZLC? One is outer carbon, another is inner. Which one can play better with Chinese hard rubbers?
Of these 2 blades, I think the Harimoto is better for Chinese hard rubbers. ZJK SZLC clone is better for driving/smashing, and I think it suits bouncier tensor type rubbers better.

Harimoto SZLC is better for looping. I currently have Jupiter 3 and Big Dipper on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have tried mercury 2 (really surprised, awesome semi tacky rubber for $5) and big dipper, but on a for fun chopping setup. From your praise, I want to try Jupiter 3 and compare it with Big Dipper on the same blade to get the best of comparison between the two. I am still thinking should backhand rubber: try Jupiter 38 and bd 38 for backhand (but I know that requires a bit more technique), or just stick with something safe like moon speed.
Moon Speed is safe and would be a good backhand rubber. I'm currently using Big Dipper on backhand, and its harder and requires more technique. But it is very powerful.

AK47 is also a very safe BH rubber, but faster than Moon Speed. This would be my best recommendation for you.

Jupiter 3 FH and AK47 Red BH is my favorite Chinese rubber combination.

Reactions: tabletennisdaily1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Moon Speed is safe and would be a good backhand rubber. I'm currently using Big Dipper on backhand, and its harder and requires more technique. But it is very powerful.

AK47 is also a very safe BH rubber, but faster than Moon Speed. This would be my best recommendation for you.

Jupiter 3 FH and AK47 Red BH is my favorite Chinese rubber combination.
Ak47 is pretty great, but I do have a slight itch to try a semi tacky sort of like dignics. Is there any other decent cheap semi tacky option that might worth taking a look?