DHS Hurricane 3 Neo on Stiga Cybershape

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hello TTD people,
I received a lot of suggestions to try H3 Neo because I played before wih Dignics 09c and Stiga DNA Dragon Grip.
A friend had the H3 Neo 41 National blue sponge 2.1 mm, and I saw an opportunity to try it.
I put 3 layers of booster "Haifu" National yellow. 48 hours between each layer and after other 48 hours I glued it with Falco Optimum. 2 layers to the rubber + 1 thick to the blade.

Ohhh my God !!! In the short game this rubber is King, serve return, flicks, block and forehand to half long balls and strong forehand close to the ball - BIG Thumbs UP
If I compare with 09c and DNA. DNA is in between because, it doesn't bounce too much like 09c "I don't like that part" and more alive than H3 Neo "Boosted".

My back knows how hard the testing was during 2 weeks. H3 Neo demands physical strength to make it work.
Maybe that's a good reason why people using this type of rubbers retire soon :unsure:

I made a private session with Coach Stellan, another session with a group and playing with some players.
Of course, I didn't lose the opportunity to make a video about this. I hope you enjoy it
Have a nice week ahead :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
How many hours does the boosting last? I already know it plays like a beast, my main concern is longevity. How often does it need to be re-boosted, how different does it play from 1 boosting to the next, and how many rounds of boosting can it take?

Yin Hang says don't reboost, just change the rubber, so I'm a bit concerned with the cost.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello TTD people,
I received a lot of suggestions to try H3 Neo because I played before wih Dignics 09c and Stiga DNA Dragon Grip.
A friend had the H3 Neo National blue sponge 2.1 mm, and I saw an opportunity to try it.
I put 3 layers of booster "Haifu" National yellow. 48 hours between each layer and after other 48 hours I glued it with Falco Optimum. 2 layers to the rubber + 1 thick to the blade.

Ohhh my God !!! In the short game this rubber is King, serve return, flicks, block and forehand to half long balls and strong forehand close to the ball - BIG Thumbs UP
If I compare with 09c and DNA. DNA is in between because, it doesn't bounce too much like 09c "I don't like that part" and more alive than H# Neo "Boosted".

My back knows how hard the testing was during 2 weeks. H3 Neo demands physical condition to make it work.
Maybe that's a good reason why people using this type of rubbers retire soon :unsure:

I made a private session with Coach Stellan, another session with a group and playing with some players.
Of course, I didn't lose the opportunity to make a video about this. I hope you enjoy it
Have a nice week ahead :)

Love your technique Victor. You move like Xu Xin. H3's arc is dangerously low. Short game and serve are crazy.

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
How many hours does the boosting last? I already know it plays like a beast, my main concern is longevity. How often does it need to be re-boosted, how different does it play from 1 boosting to the next, and how many rounds of boosting can it take?

Yin Hang says don't reboost, just change the rubber, so I'm a bit concerned with the cost.

Orange sponge provincial H3 costs $35USD. Boosting can easily last 3 months if you play 1-2/week.

Reboost it every 3 months. One sheet can last 12 months without issue.

I've played at least 7 variants of H3 over 12 years. Orange sponge provincial is the most cost effective.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Orange sponge provincial H3 costs $35USD. Boosting can easily last 3 months if you play 1-2/week.

Reboost it every 3 months. One sheet can last 12 months without issue.

I've played at least 7 variants of H3 over 12 years. Orange sponge provincial is the most cost effective.
I've been playing quite a bit though. I've played/trained 14 hours in the past 4 days for example. My last sheet of D09c lasted about 3 months. It had some minor slippage the last month but it was tolerable. It's actually still tolerable now but I got my shiny new 968 with a bigger head so I've slapped a new sheet on it.

I have a bottle of Seamoon and 2 sheets of H3P, so I'm definitely considering switching to it. I'd need to know what exactly the longevity is like though as I'm pretty over changing equipment. Most people seem to measure it in time (i.e. weeks or months) but it seems to be more related to playing hours, so I've yet to get a good sense of that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've been playing quite a bit though. I've played/trained 14 hours in the past 4 days for example. My last sheet of D09c lasted about 3 months. It had some minor slippage the last month but it was tolerable. It's actually still tolerable now but I got my shiny new 968 with a bigger head so I've slapped a new sheet on it.

I have a bottle of Seamoon and 2 sheets of H3P, so I'm definitely considering switching to it. I'd need to know what exactly the longevity is like though as I'm pretty over changing equipment. Most people seem to measure it in time (i.e. weeks or months) but it seems to be more related to playing hours, so I've yet to get a good sense of that.

Is your H3P the Neo version? Neo version requires less boosting. Less boosting = more longevity.

Lower degree of hardness = less boosting too.

09C is approximately equivalent to 40-41 degree H3 in my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Is your H3P the Neo version? Neo version requires less boosting. Less boosting = more longevity.

Nah, it's just regular H3. D09c is reasonably close, but H3 is still the king (of popular pro rubbers) in the short game as Victor noted. Also the spin is a notch lower. The speed is a notch less but I don't really need that.

I don't mind boosting and regluing, but if I need a new sheet every month and have to deal with constantly changing performance then I'd just stick with D09c. I'm not looking to win the Olympics anyway, I just have so much fun training and playing!

Edit: meant to say the H3's spin is a notch higher.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Nah, it's just regular H3. D09c is reasonably close, but H3 is still the king (of popular pro rubbers) in the short game as Victor noted. Also the spin is a notch lower. The speed is a notch less but I don't really need that.

I don't mind boosting and regluing, but if I need a new sheet every month and have to deal with constantly changing performance then I'd just stick with D09c. I'm not looking to win the Olympics anyway, I just have so much fun training and playing!
H3's like the longest lasting rubber. You'll probably have to re-boost every 2 months but it can last you a year or more. Even at the rate that you're playing, you would at least get 6 months out of it.

Reactions: Kolev
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I got an H3PO Neo 39' coming in the mail. Do you recommend 2 layers of Haifu? Also, do you recommend a layer of glue first?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I got an H3PO Neo 39' coming in the mail. Do you recommend 2 layers of Haifu? Also, do you recommend a layer of glue first?
No need for glue in a Neo version. Orange sponge is slightly harder than its blue counterpart at the same degree.

Two thin layers of Haifu is the maximum.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Regular H3 will still last for ages. If you train 14hrs/week a cheap commercial H3 can easily last 2 months provided you clean and protect it.

Provincial is more cost effective because it's only $10 more than the cheapest commercial H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I am using H3Neo Prov OS 39 and I usually apply booster till it reaches a certain degree of dome. It could be 3 or even 4 coats. I believe that the first time the booster should penetrate into the sponge thus I remove the factory glue. Recently I prepared and cut a Neo Prov BS 40 and I definitely prefer the OS in 39. Next time I'll buy a BS 39 to see how it goes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
H3's like the longest lasting rubber. You'll probably have to re-boost every 2 months but it can last you a year or more. Even at the rate that you're playing, you would at least get 6 months out of it.
The issue is that boosting would supposedly permanently soften the rubber, so if you boost often then the sponge will wear out first, and quickly. It also means you'll always be dealing with different performance. If one sheet can last 3 months I'd happily use it.

Regular H3 will still last for ages. If you train 14hrs/week a cheap commercial H3 can easily last 2 months provided you clean and protect it.

Provincial is more cost effective because it's only $10 more than the cheapest commercial H3.
I definitely won't go for the commercial H3, the quality varies too much. I think after I'm done with my current sheet of D09c, perhaps in 3 months or so, I'll give the boosted H3 a shot. My new 968 is a lot more powerful than the old HL5, I could probably use a decrease in speed and increase in spin!

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The issue is that boosting would supposedly permanently soften the rubber, so if you boost often then the sponge will wear out first, and quickly. It also means you'll always be dealing with different performance. If one sheet can last 3 months I'd happily use it.

I definitely won't go for the commercial H3, the quality varies too much. I think after I'm done with my current sheet of D09c, perhaps in 3 months or so, I'll give the boosted H3 a shot. My new 968 is a lot more powerful than the old HL5, I could probably use a decrease in speed and increase in spin!

Decrease in speed lol 😆

It sounds like you are training properly. You will be able to harness the full potential of a H3.

When you do power loop with proper techniques, H3 is faster and spinnier than 09C by a significant margin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
My back knows how hard the testing was during 2 weeks. H3 Neo demands physical strength to make it work.

haha
I warned you about 41

I'm sure 40 or 39, your back won't hurt too much.
I don't know much about your glue.
I won't recommend too thick, otherwise you added too thick of a layer inbetween.

in regards to booster, this you put 3 layers on sponge directly? and then only put glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
National and Blue sponge are more demanding than Provincial and Orange sponge, so is the 41 degree sponge.

Maybe you would like Provincial Orange in 39' or 40' better.

I think its easier to compare orange and blue.
Provincial or national is just the quality different.
For most high level players (ie 2200~2500), provincial is good enough.

if your pocket is very deep, then national all the way.

Blue is better boosting imo.
Blue durability is shorter than Orange though.
Ie, pimples breaking off blue is way higher than of orange
Blue is softer than orange too.

I started with orange, moved to blue, and never went back. And no, this has nothing to do with Avatar

The idea sponge for first time DHS uses for provincial or national rubbers, I would say is 39
40 is more common by the regulars, 41 is very few