Butterfly Super ZLC blade - genuine or fake?

This user has no status.
I'm not talking about the blade.
It is why risking "discount" for a chance of non genuine?
Mostly because I really want to try blades made for internal japanese market for myself and see, whether they truly are better or it's a placebo (as I've mentioned above, my clubmates telling me that Japanese market Viscaria's have more control and wood feels better than TBE ones). But the more I talk about it here, more it seems to me that this is a gabmle not worth taking.

says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
fzdhandle.jpg

This user has no status.
Horrific simplification because it implies that the more you pay the better you get, which is simply not true.
One can have top quality blades for less than half the price of the
"Name-fashion blades"
spend money on a good quality blade that suits you*, dont favor one blade over another just because its cheaper that will send u down the spiral of ej

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Mostly because I really want to try blades made for internal japanese market for myself and see, whether they truly are better or it's a placebo (as I've mentioned above, my clubmates telling me that Japanese market Viscaria's have more control and wood feels better than TBE ones). But the more I talk about it here, more it seems to me that this is a gabmle not worth taking.
I have a Timo Boll ZLC blade that maybe I could sell you. I bought it in Japan.

Maybe you can buy a cheap Japanese market blade first, before spending so much on a S-ZLC blade.

Also did you check out the Aliexpress fake blade I linked? Why don't you ask the seller to send you photo of the handle, and see if its the same as your guy's handle.

says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
I tried dozens of rackets and twice as many rubbers. what I learned unequivocally is that there are no shortcuts. More expensive rackets have better processing, better veneers, better feel, better feedback. If you like arylate from Butterfly there is simply no alternative imho. Personally, arylate is good for me, Butterfly grips are the most comfortable and Butterfly rubbers are the best without a doubt. Are they necessary for me? No. Do I need S-ZLC? Of course not. For some top players this kind of equipment is a must. To each their own.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I've bought the same BTY blades from Europe, US and Japan, no difference.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I tried dozens of rackets and twice as many rubbers. what I learned unequivocally is that there are no shortcuts. More expensive rackets have better processing, better veneers, better feel, better feedback. If you like arylate from Butterfly there is simply no alternative imho. Personally, arylate is good for me, Butterfly grips are the most comfortable and Butterfly rubbers are the best without a doubt. Are they necessary for me? No. Do I need S-ZLC? Of course not. For some top players this kind of equipment is a must. To each their own.
Taking all you are saying into consideration but still I have these pictures in my mind of expensive BTY blades that were partly and some completely de-laminating the top wood from the carbo/kev layer.
Once somebody has spend hundreds of dollars on a top-blade , it becomes virtually impossible to convince them that they could have gotten the same quality (or better) blade for less than half the money.

Let me quote here the famous american saying :"There is one born every minute" 🤣
🤣 🤣

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
You had BTY blades without TBE marking on the box, and they preformed the same way as the TBE blades?
Often quality products that are exported are of highest quality. Especially in countries like Japan, where we lay great value on national pride in craftmanship and the manufacturing of quality products you will find that export goods are at least as good if not better than the local stuff.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Taking all you are saying into consideration but still I have these pictures in my mind of expensive BTY blades that were partly and some completely de-laminating the top wood from the carbo/kev layer.
Once somebody has spend hundreds of dollars on a top-blade , it becomes virtually impossible to convince them that they could have gotten the same quality (or better) blade for less than half the money.

Let me quote here the famous american saying :"There is one born every minute" 🤣
🤣 🤣
There's plenty great cheap equipment out there indeed!

If I wanted a Viscaria, I could use a Yinhe V-14 Pro (top quality) or something cheaper and be just as satisfied.

Also I could try selling you a used Viscaria for double the price and tell you it's twice as good as a new one lol.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There's plenty great cheap equipment out there indeed!

If I wanted a Viscaria, I could use a Yinhe V-14 Pro (top quality) or something cheaper and be just as satisfied.

Also I could try selling you a used Viscaria for double the price and tell you it's twice as good as a new one lol.
You never know, somebody might take you up on this generous offer.
Will it be a "signature version" 😁

This user has no status.
agree, only reason i am not using bty rubbers is beacuse of weight

This user has no status.
T05 FX is really light in case you haven't tried it.

Aren't most Victas rubbers known to be heavy?
v15 is actually really light, its just the older rebranded tsp rubbers that seem to be heavy, since those were chinese style rubbers. not really a fan of t05, too high of a throw angle