DHS Hurricane 3 Neo on Stiga Cybershape

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
haha
I warned you about 41

I'm sure 40 or 39, your back won't hurt too much.
I don't know much about your glue.
I won't recommend too thick, otherwise you added too thick of a layer inbetween.

in regards to booster, this you put 3 layers on sponge directly? and then only put glue?
Tony thanks for your time spent teaching me about this type of rubbers.
It was the 1st time for me using DHS Hurricane.
I will keep in mind the thickness of glue next time.
About the booster, I just decided to keep the thin layer of glue from factory and put 1st layer booster on top of it. And then, 48 hours rest for the next one and the same for the 3rd.
A small downside compared to DNA DG is that I missed the feedback, that helps me for having a good touch "Feeling".

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Decrease in speed lol 😆

It sounds like you are training properly. You will be able to harness the full potential of a H3.

When you do power loop with proper techniques, H3 is faster and spinnier than 09C by a significant margin.
Well, I don't plan on boosting it too much. I'm thinking 1 layer on the rubber, then 2 layers of glue, then 1 more layer. The hope is that the second layer applied to the glue will cause more of a slow-release effect so that the rubber is not boosted as much but remains boosted for longer. I think it'll be spinnier than the 09c for sure, but I don't think this amount of boosting will make it faster. I don't really need the H3 to be much faster, I just need it to not feel like a brick.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Well, I don't plan on boosting it too much. I'm thinking 1 layer on the rubber, then 2 layers of glue, then 1 more layer. The hope is that the second layer applied to the glue will cause more of a slow-release effect so that the rubber is not boosted as much but remains boosted for longer. I think it'll be spinnier than the 09c for sure, but I don't think this amount of boosting will make it faster. I don't really need the H3 to be much faster, I just need it to not feel like a brick.
I've never heard of this boosting technique so I can't say if it's that effective or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I've never heard of this boosting technique so I can't say if it's that effective or not.
People who often find H3 too fast boost it 3 or more layers. Yin Hang mentioned in his stream that he used to boost it 3 times when he sells assembled rackets (he's a full time coaching streamer/equipment seller now) but people complained that it's too bouncy, so he only boosts it twice now. He puts it directly on the sponge and doesn't wait for the dome to flatten, only waits till it dries. He says the pros are all very well versed at holding the rubber up with one hand while brushing glue on with the other, since you can't put a very domed up rubber on a table to apply glue. He personally boosts 3 layers, but he says he's seen his teammates boost a lot more.

Reactions: ttarc
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
People who often find H3 too fast boost it 3 or more layers. Yin Hang mentioned in his stream that he used to boost it 3 times when he sells assembled rackets (he's a full time coaching streamer/equipment seller now) but people complained that it's too bouncy, so he only boosts it twice now. He puts it directly on the sponge and doesn't wait for the dome to flatten, only waits till it dries. He says the pros are all very well versed at holding the rubber up with one hand while brushing glue on with the other, since you can't put a very domed up rubber on a table to apply glue. He personally boosts 3 layers, but he says he's seen his teammates boost a lot more.
This I’m aware of, it’s the 1 boost, 2 glue then more boost I’m not familiar with.

Only have heard of 1 glue layer to protect the topsheet first, then booster layers, then glue

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This I’m aware of, it’s the 1 boost, 2 glue then more boost I’m not familiar with.

Only have heard of 1 glue layer to protect the topsheet first, then booster layers, then glue
Hhmm, I never quite got a satisfying explanation about all those glue layers before during and after
boosting.
To be honest, I never even got a decent explanation about the 1 layer applied BEFORE the boosting.
Glue (at least my Revo3) dries within about 20 minutes and forms a layer on top of the sponge.
Booster takes many hours to completely seep into the sponge. As the glue layer comes to dry on the surface of the sponge and not on the inside of the topsheet how can it keep the booster away from the rubber (top layer).
What I can believe is that the glue-layer is slowing down the penetration of the booster but
why not just make it thin layers of booster ??? That is what I do.
Of course if one has a habit of virtually "swamping" the sponge with the booster then no surprise
if it goes right through the whole sponge and comes to rest on the inside of the topsheet.
Just thinking out loud here, happy to be instruceted.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Some use it. If you look at prott's website on the Young Shine rubber they recommend 1 boost, 3-4 glue, 1 boost method.

Speed glue works by overpreasuring the sponge pores with organic gases, so I imagine boosters work the same way but with gases that are not VOCs and it's released slower given its longevity relative to speed glue. The booster needs to be in the sponge to work, of course, so I surmise that the glue layers slow down that process. Perhaps after thr booster seeps through the top layer of glue it would take another week or so to be completely absorbed by the sponge, thus giving you an extra week of more steady performance at the cost of less peak performance?

That's my theory anyway.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
See, I told you I was a crappy Table tennis player. I just bought one of those Young Shine rubbers with blue sponge and as it was an experiment I glued it on my 1350Hz blade without booster. The idea was i can always boost later but one can never "unboost"
Result : Toooo fast, too soft. (38)
I can handle the H3 and Rxton 5 s but not this rubber,
I now glued it on to a defensive blade and have a go with it next club night.
Works fine against the robot but now it is a bit slow. 🤣
🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
glue on sponge first, before boosting.
That is to allow the glue to sip into the sponge and providing a layer. This layer would hold the booster better and protect the top sheet (oil doesn't go straight to pips).

glue layer in between acts as a "spring".

There are just so many ways to boost.
I know some that put oil direct on the Neo H3 (without remove base layer) and let it dry, and another layer, then let it try, then glue on (2 layers) and glue onto blade. Total time, less than 1 hour. If environment is humid, he would use a hair dryer.

Then I know those that take a week

Who plays better? haha

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
That is to allow the glue to sip into the sponge and providing a layer. This layer would hold the booster better and protect the top sheet (oil doesn't go straight to pips).

I know some that put oil direct on the Neo H3 (without remove base layer) and let it dry, and another layer, then let it try, then glue on (2 layers) and glue onto blade. Total time, less than 1 hour. If environment is humid, he would use a hair dryer.

Who plays better? haha
I plan on leaving the NEO layer, then applying 2 layers of Haifu straight onto it and letting it dry 24 hours after each of these 2 layers, then 2 layers of glue on the rubber + 1 on the blade.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

Who plays better? haha
I agree, boosting directly into the sponge would make the sponge wet and oily, and harder to remove glue later on. Now I always apply a layer of glue before boosting, then glue it to the blade without a second layer

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Who plays better? haha
I play better ha haha :devilish:
but seriously, we need to have some clarifications here:

When your friend does his/her 1 hour job, he/she IS NOT using the VOC free Seamoon version of booster right ???
Because that one is taking 6 to 8 hours to seep into the sponge and dry.
If one uses the stuff out of the magic blue bottle with D written on it, I can understand why one would want to first give a coat of the glue because this stuff is much more aggressive, acts quicker and probably goes to the pimples in a hurry.

Btw. I would never use the the ori glue layer that is on the Neo, it is thick and ugly and looks like hog-snot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I plan on leaving the NEO layer, then applying 2 layers of Haifu straight onto it and letting it dry 24 hours after each of these 2 layers, then 2 layers of glue on the rubber + 1 on the blade.
That’s my exact method for the past year using H3 NEO BS. I found taking off the factory neo layer a pain first time so I now leave on, boost a layer wait 24h then second layer wait 48 hours before applying 2 layers of glue sometimes 3. Cannot complain about the result

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
That’s my exact method for the past year using H3 NEO BS. I found taking off the factory neo layer a pain first time so I now leave on, boost a layer wait 24h then second layer wait 48 hours before applying 2 layers of glue sometimes 3. Cannot complain about the result
Good on ye mate. If it works for you - it works for you.
It also puts prove to the statement : " There are many ways of skinning a cat"