Looking to upgrade and rebuild my game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi guys, so I've been using the Yasaka Max Carbon 3D with the Joola Rhyzm-P on the FH and the Yasaka Valmo on the BH ever since I beginner - intermediate player (4 years). Though I stopped playing regularly or seriously 2 years ago, I'm looking to seriously get back into the sport and fix the mistakes that I made with choosing this setup. So the blade is extremely stiff with no flex and no dwell due to its hardness. Hence, I got into the habit of (and pretty good at) just playing a flat game without much spin, only playing on my blocks and occasionally driving or flat hitting. This caused the looping technique that I built (decent) to go to waste, as it was very difficult to find a position where I'd be able to loop with my racket (basically impossible on the BH). Thus, I felt like I had gotten to a level where I could not beat my opponents using my older playstyle, and need to implement the techniques (looping, flicking, opening up on backspin) that I had spent time developing on my coaches all wood BTY Korbel. So I stopped playing table tennis 2 years ago. Now, I want to get back into the sport and change my playstyle to a more spin centric one while retaining the skills that I had development with my old setup. I am now thinking of switching to the Harimoto innerforce alc, with the Dignics 80 on the forehand side, as it is easier to use but also can help me reach a good top end speed with good technique (also good in open ups). and for the backhand side, a softer Tenergy 19, as it is an easier to use medium hardness T05 that can help my develop my backhand topspin and flick further (I really want to develop this). Though I do not have any vids, I am confident that with my technique, I can get the most out of the dignics rubber, and can dig deep into the Harimoto blade ( which I believe will still be a good blade even at a higher level). Plz let me know if this seems like a good setup, or if you have anything better in mind.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Your new setup would be very close to what Harimoto uses himself (Same blade, D05 both sides). If you are confident that your level is also close to him then go for it, otherwise I'd suggest pairing slower rubbers like Vega/Rozena with your Harimoto innerforce ALC at the start. If you find that setup doesn't give you enough speed or spin, then upgrade it to Dignics or Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi guys, so I've been using the Yasaka Max Carbon 3D with the Joola Rhyzm-P on the FH and the Yasaka Valmo on the BH ever since I beginner - intermediate player (4 years). Though I stopped playing regularly or seriously 2 years ago, I'm looking to seriously get back into the sport and fix the mistakes that I made with choosing this setup. So the blade is extremely stiff with no flex and no dwell due to its hardness. Hence, I got into the habit of (and pretty good at) just playing a flat game without much spin, only playing on my blocks and occasionally driving or flat hitting. This caused the looping technique that I built (decent) to go to waste, as it was very difficult to find a position where I'd be able to loop with my racket (basically impossible on the BH). Thus, I felt like I had gotten to a level where I could not beat my opponents using my older playstyle, and need to implement the techniques (looping, flicking, opening up on backspin) that I had spent time developing on my coaches all wood BTY Korbel. So I stopped playing table tennis 2 years ago. Now, I want to get back into the sport and change my playstyle to a more spin centric one while retaining the skills that I had development with my old setup. I am now thinking of switching to the Harimoto innerforce alc, with the Dignics 80 on the forehand side, as it is easier to use but also can help me reach a good top end speed with good technique (also good in open ups). and for the backhand side, a softer Tenergy 19, as it is an easier to use medium hardness T05 that can help my develop my backhand topspin and flick further (I really want to develop this). Though I do not have any vids, I am confident that with my technique, I can get the most out of the dignics rubber, and can dig deep into the Harimoto blade ( which I believe will still be a good blade even at a higher level). Plz let me know if this seems like a good setup, or if you have anything better in mind.
Hey there,
I myself use a Harimoto blade (although ZLC) and I find it really nice. However I do recommend a D09C over a D80 because you may need more safety and consistency rather than speed and may start to rely on spin more because you just got back to playing seriously. This is because D09C has a higher arc (and higher spin difference) compared to D80, which gives you more safety. And, the 09C has a grippy, tacky topsheet that enables it to bite into the ball, working well with the two outer plies of limba on the Harimoto blade. For the backhand, I advise you to look into other Dignics rubbers, and not Tenergies because of the durablity difference. The denting and topsheet smudges start appearing as little as 3 weeks in of frequent training, while the Dignics series (especially the 05) never loses the shiny, grippy topsheet, and hardly ever dents. Speaking of your looping technique+playstyle, I feel like this blade+the rubbers I introduced above are really going to help you get that dwell and bite on the ball that you need most when looping, the blade also has sufficient power itself and is suitable for both hard hitting and soft hitting players, whichever of those two you may be. Hope my response helped and hope you enjoy the setup!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey there,
I myself use a Harimoto blade (although ZLC) and I find it really nice. However I do recommend a D09C over a D80 because you may need more safety and consistency rather than speed and may start to rely on spin more because you just got back to playing seriously. This is because D09C has a higher arc (and higher spin difference) compared to D80, which gives you more safety. And, the 09C has a grippy, tacky topsheet that enables it to bite into the ball, working well with the two outer plies of limba on the Harimoto blade. For the backhand, I advise you to look into other Dignics rubbers, and not Tenergies because of the durablity difference. The denting and topsheet smudges start appearing as little as 3 weeks in of frequent training, while the Dignics series (especially the 05) never loses the shiny, grippy topsheet, and hardly ever dents. Speaking of your looping technique+playstyle, I feel like this blade+the rubbers I introduced above are really going to help you get that dwell and bite on the ball that you need most when looping, the blade also has sufficient power itself and is suitable for both hard hitting and soft hitting players, whichever of those two you may be. Hope my response helped and hope you enjoy the setup!
Hey, ty for the reply. I was thinking the same thing about the durability of the tenergie but then felt like my backhand topspin technique isn’t at a level where id be able to make proper use of the dignics, that is why i was leaning towards a softer rubber. Do you know any durable soft rubbers similar to the tenergies(preferably butterfly). Also, for the 09c, does it not require a much higher level of play and physical strength than the 80?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Your new setup would be very close to what Harimoto uses himself (Same blade, D05 both sides). If you are confident that your level is also close to him then go for it, otherwise I'd suggest pairing slower rubbers like Vega/Rozena with your Harimoto innerforce ALC at the start. If you find that setup doesn't give you enough speed or spin, then upgrade it to Dignics or Tenergy.
Hi, ty for the reply. I’ve tried the rozena on the korbel before, and i felt that i wasnt getting enough speed or bite out of the setup if that makes sense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey there,
Also, it looks like you are using a similar setup. If you don’t mind, could i see a vid of you playing with this setup to see the playstyle/ technique/ level required to play w a similar setup

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Hey there,
This one is a really good setup,i actually have the same in my closet. D09c, D80 and D05 both goes good with Harimoto alc.
I guess this rubber combination works good on all innerforce type of a blades and since they are very controlled, they are great deal for a comeback setup if player has ability to use it, and just for high end spin play gaming style

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Why not try a more linear, easier setup as you write that you're trying to develop your technique. Bouncy tensor rubbers will not make it easy for you to get the right backhand technique. The Korbel blade could be great for this, and look for non tensor rubbers instead. These will make you do the full backhand stroke, and with sufficent practice make your backhand better and better.

In my opinion these Butterfly rubbers are great when you already have a good technique, and are trying to fine tune everything, as they require a really delicate touch. Of course, this is only my personal opinion :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hey, ty for the reply. I was thinking the same thing about the durability of the tenergie but then felt like my backhand topspin technique isn’t at a level where id be able to make proper use of the dignics, that is why i was leaning towards a softer rubber. Do you know any durable soft rubbers similar to the tenergies(preferably butterfly). Also, for the 09c, does it not require a much higher level of play and physical strength than the 80?
The 09C does require you to make the power yourself a bit more compared to the tenergies. For your backhand rubber, I am thinking Rozena, but it lacks a bit of spin and speed compared to the tenegies and dignics, but you can progress up there after you perfect you bh topspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Also, it looks like you are using a similar setup. If you don’t mind, could i see a vid of you playing with this setup to see the playstyle/ technique/ level required to play w a similar setup
Ofc, will record during my next training session w coach. (Training is on Saturday, will upload on sunday

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
coavh didn't let me record, and

The video of me in a tournament a few years back has an error (in fact all of them) when I try to insert it here. Very sorry, but I can try my best to explain how it feels with the setup
the video is probably way to big to insert it here. Just upload it on youtube (but be aware that you want no more than 10 minutes per video). You can post the youtube link in here then.