Acoustic 82g vs 90g?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I thought the insane prize of Nittaku Acoustic would make it so that the manufacturing wouldnt have a big weight difference
Not sure what's insane about Nittaku Acoustic's price, compared to Butterfly blades it's fairly reasonable imo, you can get a brand new one for around 100 USD. As for weight difference... like I said, ±10g is really common among blades, and it has nothing to do with quality, every wood veneer is different, even if it is cut from the same tree.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I guess my Acoustic has competition for the lightest in the world. Along with being light it was pretty soft too as measured by frequency analyzer coming in at 1205 hz. I feel like it's a really nimble blade. Hand switches are fast and it goes quickly to the ball on reactionary shots. But it lacks a bit of the stability I need as a beginner.

I've started training wtih my 87g Yasaka Sweden Extra and it feels slow and ponderous in comparison. But I feel like I might be more consistent with the YSE.

Let me know what your impressions are after playing with it. You're the only other person on the internet with such a lightweight Acoustic.
Played yesterday. I don not have experience to do a good comparison and have no practice with other setups than my Primorac from sig. but was much impressed. Acoustic with Rozenas are slower than my Primo and is more controllable, I could play what I wanted. Ball wasn't fly so fast in general, but if you play topspin properly, rotation and speed was really good.
This is the first blade with ST handle I played (always had FL) and I found it really comfortable and enjoyed a lot.
My friends whom I'm playing now, told me that he has problem to receive BH and FH top spins from Primo and Tenergies, a lot of speed and spin, from Acoustic is not so easy, too but it is easier.
I gave him both rackets and his conclusions were similar to mine, playing Acoustic with Rozenas, you need to put more force into the shot and focus more on the correct movement but the control is awesome, from Primo with Tenergies less effort and catapult effect is incredible.
I'm really happy with both setup as Acoustic with Rozena's will force me to work on my striking technique better. It was very good choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Not sure what's insane about Nittaku Acoustic's price, compared to Butterfly blades it's fairly reasonable imo, you can get a brand new one for around 100 USD. As for weight difference... like I said, ±10g is really common among blades, and it has nothing to do with quality, every wood veneer is different, even if it is cut from the same tree.
The prize for butterfly products are insane as well. The argument for the Nittaku Acoustic price is its manufacturing process, which is different. The thing you are paying for in Butterfly products is not the materials nor the technology of production -- you are paying for the sponsorship of top players. I guess its nothing wrong with supporting the top players because it supports the sport which we all love. Either way, the "he started it" -argument does not suffice.