Sanwei Fextra 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hey,
If you want to take care for our you should definitely seal the blade. It tends to splinter. I had 3, and each of them had splintered.

Thank you for the warning. May I ask what glue you were using which caused the splintering? Also, were you able to solve the issue with the Fextra or did you just switch to a different blade?

This user has no status.
I have a Fextra 7 lying around unused that I'd really like to try out. Do I need to lacquer/seal the blade before gluing?

Has anyone had or even heard of splintering with these blades? My blade looks very well made, especially for the low price.
Hi, if you don't leave it unused for more than 5-6 years, then you don't need extra lacquer. Because we have considered this situation and made a protective coating before leaving the factory.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hi, if you don't leave it unused for more than 5-6 years, then you don't need extra lacquer. Because we have considered this situation and made a protective coating before leaving the factory.
So the Fextra 7 is indeed factory sealed? I've read threads where people seem convinced that it isn't. Good to hear the truth straight from a Sanwei rep.

I don't know how long the Fextra was sitting on the shelf before I bought it, but it came sealed in shrink wrap which I only opened maybe 4 months ago. But I guess it couldn't hurt to get an extra thin layer of lacquer on there just in case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I used a glue from Gewo Hydro Tec.
And I do not think that the Fextra is factory sealed. At least, after a few times of glueing rubbers all of mine started to splinter.
But, I could be wrong, of course.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I just received my blue Fextra from Aliexpress and wanted to share some pics for anyone interested.

20230424_194007.jpg

First off, this blade isn't called the Fextra 7 but is called "Pro Fextra V" Not sure what the "V" is intended to indicate since this blade clearly has the same layers as the Fextra 7 and looks identical except for the color scheme.

20230424_194118.jpg

Another minor difference I noticed is that the shrink wrap that it came in had writing on it whereas the Fextra 7 was just plain clear wrapping. The writing says "Fiber Enha Tech" and it's unclear what this 'tech' refers to.

The blade frequency tested is 1335 hz, which is exactly the frequency of one of my other Fextra 7s.

Finally, the blade surface had a bit of shimmer to it indicating it has been factory sealed. My other two Fextra 7s did not have any apparent sealing.

The finishing is the same level of quality as the previous Fextras needing a little bit of sanding on the wings and on the handle base. But the blade itself looks great with nice even grain.

20230424_194602.jpg

Overall I'm happy with paying a bit more for this version as it will look great with blue rubber. While it's ostensibly the same blade as the Fextra 7, the boost in aesthetics and having the word "Pro" in it's name should improve my skill level by roughly 12%.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Last time when I wanted to try Fextra 7 (the one that looks like Carbonado), it was informed that Sanwei has changed Fextra 7 to Fextra One (black handle). But now it is changed again to Blue handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Last time when I wanted to try Fextra 7 (the one that looks like Carbonado), it was informed that Sanwei has changed Fextra 7 to Fextra One (black handle). But now it is changed again to Blue handle?

The blue handle version is a special edition of the Fextra. I think it was made around 2017 or so. Both Fextra 7 and the blue Pro Fextra V have been officially discontinued by Sanwei in favor of the Fextra One.

Sanwei now uses the Fextra looking handles (that look like Carbonados) but they've changed the actual blade. The red one is now called a Parla and the composition has changed to Limba-Ayous x 5-Limba. The blue one is now called the Echo and is an All rated 5 ply blade. I'm assuming they're just repurposing these handles. You can see them here: https://sanweisport.com/en/sanwei-o...w-all-wood-table-tennis-blade-parla-and-echo/

So to sum up, 'Fextra' with the 3 ayous inner layers and 4 outer limba layers only exists as Fextra One. The old Fextra Carbonado-like handles are now being used by two new blades.

This user has no status.
The blue handle version is a special edition of the Fextra. I think it was made around 2017 or so. Both Fextra 7 and the blue Pro Fextra V have been officially discontinued by Sanwei in favor of the Fextra One.

Sanwei now uses the Fextra looking handles (that look like Carbonados) but they've changed the actual blade. The red one is now called a Parla and the composition has changed to Limba-Ayous x 5-Limba. The blue one is now called the Echo and is an All rated 5 ply blade. I'm assuming they're just repurposing these handles. You can see them here: https://sanweisport.com/en/sanwei-o...w-all-wood-table-tennis-blade-parla-and-echo/

So to sum up, 'Fextra' with the 3 ayous inner layers and 4 outer limba layers only exists as Fextra One. The old Fextra Carbonado-like handles are now being used by two new blades.
Nice to meet you turbozed,

Glad to see you are interested in our all-wood blade. (y)

The blue handle Fextra 7, is a special design model we made a few for a distributor. Both blue handle Fextra 7 and common type, we don't produce anymore.
We have replaced them with Fextra One. 🤔

The Echo and Parla blades are a completely different series with different features than the Fextra series.😁

As for the difference between them, I have said in detail in a post.

Andrea,

Will I notice a significant difference between the V5 Pro, Parla and Fextra 7 Fextra One given all 3 are 7 ply wood blades? Thank you.
Firstly, the material of the three blades is different:

V5 Pro 👉 Ash wood- Ayous- Basswood- Kiri core

Fextra One👉 Limba- limba- Ayous- Ayous core

Parla👉 Limba- Ayous- Ayous-Ayous core

Secondly, V5 Pro is designed for quick-attack, you could see that the outermost two layers of material are stiff and provide perfect elasticity and first speed.
The third layer and the big core provide lightweight for the blade.

Fextra One and Parla are designed for looping, the difference between them is structure. Fextra One is an equal-thickness structure, which pays more attention to the stability of the looping and the ball holding.

Parla is a different thickness structure, it focuses more on being more aggressive while hitting the looping.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Nice to meet you turbozed,

Glad to see you are interested in our all-wood blade. (y)

The blue handle Fextra 7, is a special design model we made a few for a distributor. Both blue handle Fextra 7 and common type, we don't produce anymore.
We have replaced them with Fextra One. 🤔

The Echo and Parla blades are a completely different series with different features than the Fextra series.😁

As for the difference between them, I have said in detail in a post.

Firstly, the material of the three blades is different:

V5 Pro 👉 Ash wood- Ayous- Basswood- Kiri core

Fextra One👉 Limba- limba- Ayous- Ayous core

Parla👉 Limba- Ayous- Ayous-Ayous core

Secondly, V5 Pro is designed for quick-attack, you could see that the outermost two layers of material are stiff and provide perfect elasticity and first speed.
The third layer and the big core provide lightweight for the blade.

Fextra One and Parla are designed for looping, the difference between them is structure. Fextra One is an equal-thickness structure, which pays more attention to the stability of the looping and the ball holding.

Parla is a different thickness structure, it focuses more on being more aggressive while hitting the looping.

Nice to meet you too Andrea. Thank you for clarifying the different all wood models. It can get a bit confusing at times. Look forward to trying teh V5 Pro someday!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So happy it is helpful to you. (y)
That's why we are here.😁
Good morning from Spain, Andrea.

I am playing with your Fextra 7 (FH: H3N 41° BH: TIN ARC 3) and I am happy with this Sanwei Product.

Now my provider is offering me a Sanwei Vita Pro.

Could you please give me more information about this blade.

What are the differences to my Fextra?
Furthermore I would like to combine it with Sanwei Target Rubbers.
I have seen what you have a lot of Target models.

Which of them are similar to my Hard H3N and my TA3?

Thank you so much in advance.

Marco

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426_084122_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230426_084122_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
This user has no status.
Good morning from Spain, Andrea.

I am playing with your Fextra 7 (FH: H3N 41° BH: TIN ARC 3) and I am happy with this Sanwei Product.

Now my provider is offering me a Sanwei Vita Pro.

Could you please give me more information about this blade.

What are the differences to my Fextra?
Furthermore I would like to combine it with Sanwei Target Rubbers.
I have seen what you have a lot of Target models.

Which of them are similar to my Hard H3N and my TA3?

Thank you so much in advance.

Marco
Hello dear friend,

Wow, a Vita Pro! This is a very old blade we have produced. Very similar to Parla 丝印.png,

Our designers also referred to it when designing Parla. But pity, it is no longer being produced.

You can use it as SANWEI Parla 丝印.png.

Hope you have a nice day! ;)

Reactions: marcosalis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello dear friend,

Wow, a Vita Pro! This is a very old blade we have produced. Very similar to View attachment 25083,

Our designers also referred to it when designing Parla. But pity, it is no longer being produced.

You can use it as SANWEI View attachment 25083.

Hope you have a nice day! ;)
Hello Andrea.

Thanks for your reply.

I will check the datasheet of your new Parla.
Any suggestion concerning your Target Rubber, which are similar to my cuarenta ones?
Regards from Spain, Marco

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hello Andrea.

Thanks for your reply.

Any suggestion concerning your Target Rubber, which are similar to my cuarenta ones?

The Vita Pro appears to be very similar to DHS Hurricane Long 3. It even has the red inner wood layer similar to Long 3. I would expect it to be faster than the Fextra if the speed is same as Long 3. And the Fextra should be slightly slower than the Parla.

This user has no status.
Hello Andrea.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello dear, how are you?
In fact, not only Vita but also , their speeds are a litter faster than Fextra.

And about the "cuarenta ones", I don't understand clearly about this. Maybe because my Spanish is not good😞.

It's very pity I don't help you this time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello dear, how are you?
In fact, not only Vita but also , their speeds are a litter faster than Fextra.

And about the "cuarenta ones", I don't understand clearly about this. Maybe because my Spanish is not good😞.

It's very pity I don't help you this time.
Hi Andrea.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I wanted to write "Any suggestion concerning your Target Rubber, which are similar to my CURRENT ones?

Could you suggest Sanwei rubbers which are similar to H3 Neo Hard and Tin Arc 3?
Thanks, Marco

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi Andrea.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I wanted to write "Any suggestion concerning your Target Rubber, which are similar to my CURRENT ones?

Could you suggest Sanwei rubbers which are similar to H3 Neo Hard and Tin Arc 3?
Thanks, Marco
Dear Marco,

Good afternoon, how are you?

I have asked our designers about your question, in fact, it is hard to review other brands of rubber, they are all good products.

We could only give our advice, the New Target National is similar to H3 Neo, and Gear Hyper 37° is similar to Tin Arc 3.

Hope this answer will help you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
If I am unable to find some affordable Fextras on Aliexpress, what would be the most affordable alternative of similar performance? I would not mind trying a DHS blade if the handle is smaller--especially for CP. I do like the Xiom offensive S, but it's $60@megaspin. Megaspin does have the Fextra for $33, but still trying to get closer to $20 price point w/rubbers that are $15 or less.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
If I am unable to find some affordable Fextras on Aliexpress, what would be the most affordable alternative of similar performance? I would not mind trying a DHS blade if the handle is smaller--especially for CP. I do like the Xiom offensive S, but it's $60@megaspin. Megaspin does have the Fextra for $33, but still trying to get closer to $20 price point w/rubbers that are $15 or less.
Why wouldn't you be able to find a Fextra on Aliexpress? They are everywhere for around $20.

Fextra is every bit worth $33 if you had to pay that much to be honest.

But the others in the same 'thin OFF- looping 7ply' category and similarly priced (maybe a little more expensive) are DHS PG7 and Yinhe U2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
@turbozed
so, on Aliexpress, buy from the stores you mentioned in another thread? (BEO, GOO, GH sports, etc.)?

Also, i could buy one from megaspin that would get to me fast in the US then wait for the others from aliexpress. Any recs for a good ?looping? BH rubber from the same stores that I would use on the Fextra w/RPB?