DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Guys I came to the dark side today. I put a red dignics 09c and black Hurricane 3 neo on my viscaria. They appear to have about the same amount of tackiness.
Well that's the problem. Hurricane 3 used to be a lot tackier than Dignics 09c.

I have a sheet of black Dignics 09c. I am not used to it. I have put it on both a carbon blade and a wood blade. I still don't know why I don't like it on my forehand.

• Haha
Reactions: ben1229
says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
i used skyline 3 once when i played jpen

all i remember is that i tend to overshoot my loops and that sometimes the amount of spin i put on the ball can be really deceptive to opponents

in the end i went back to fastarc g1 bc its better for traditional penhold backhand (i.e. not that sensitive to spin)

i wonder how i would do if i played skyline 3 again today as my skills have improved tremendously compared to back then but now i am more interested in skyline 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well that's the problem. Hurricane 3 used to be a lot tackier than Dignics 09c.

I have a sheet of black Dignics 09c. I am not used to it. I have put it on both a carbon blade and a wood blade. I still don't know why I don't like it on my forehand.
Two things- i've read that diginics 09c takes a few sessions to get used to but then everyone eventually loves it...

2) Our shop owner says I have to play with the hurricane 3 neo for 5-6 hours before its full potential is unlocked. i feel like ive read that others have said its better after some of the initial tackiness wears off? is that maybe why DHS is making these less tacky?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I think both H3 and H3 neo are less tacky.

I also opened a couple packages of the new hurricane skyline/TG 2 and 3 neo. They are also less tack. Oh well....
i see know why the top sheets you guys meaning the difference, H3, no more shining surface, neo got more bounce and less tacky. I read it from Chinese reviews, cause I don't have any sheets on hand now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tried boosting the H3 41d with 2 layers of seamoon and tested it just 12 hours later.

Maybe 12 hours is too short or something, because I felt the H3 was quite terrible, and even worse than unboosted.

For one, it really didn't seem that much faster with booster. But the biggest issue is, the throw angle seems have become much lower. Before, the H3 had a distinct high and arcy throw angle. But after the booster, it plays similar to B2, quite straight throw angle.

Do you think the 12 hours is too short, and is that what makes the H3 seem weird right now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
h3.jpg

Where can I get one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I tried boosting the H3 41d with 2 layers of seamoon and tested it just 12 hours later.

Maybe 12 hours is too short or something, because I felt the H3 was quite terrible, and even worse than unboosted.

For one, it really didn't seem that much faster with booster. But the biggest issue is, the throw angle seems have become much lower. Before, the H3 had a distinct high and arcy throw angle. But after the booster, it plays similar to B2, quite straight throw angle.

Do you think the 12 hours is too short, and is that what makes the H3 seem weird right now?
After the booster dried wait 48 hours

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I wanna know why too
well....i can confirm...a brand new hurricane 3 neo is more tacky than a brand new dignics 09c at least....but not by much. both can pick up a ball off the table but the neo did hold slightly longer. but maybe just half a second. and really i only got from the table to about 2 feet up before it fell off my neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
well....i can confirm...a brand new hurricane 3 neo is more tacky than a brand new dignics 09c at least....but not by much. both can pick up a ball off the table but the neo did hold slightly longer. but maybe just half a second. and really i only got from the table to about 2 feet up before it fell off my neo.
They use new formula on all H 3 top sheet , even the player version not shining anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
They use new formula on all H 3 top sheet , even the player version not shining anymore.
I just did my first training session with unbootest H3 neo. Lots of fun. I understand what players mean by gears now. Lots of control in the short game but fast and spinny when I swing hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just did my first training session with unbootest H3 neo. Lots of fun. I understand what players mean by gears now. Lots of control in the short game but fast and spinny when I swing hard.
Welcome to the dark side. Once you use hurricane, you cannot go back. No other rubbers have the gear of Hurricane. You want to play slow and spinny, no problem. You want to do a fast loop drive that kicks, no problem. You can to put side spin on your forehand loop, no problem.

Ok a serious question. I have some TG3 skyline neo that is not-tacky. Is anyone noticing that? I have a couple TG2 skyline noe that is still tacky. Am I correct or not?