Got a racket from Anders Lind

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So some time ago Anders Lind the Danish player won his first pro tournament in 2023. To celebrate he was doing a give away of his blade. To compete one would just need to put a comment under his YT video.
I didnt even know there was a competition but commented asking what kind of equipment he used. He decided I would win his racket.
First I thought it was a joke. But no it was him. So we talked on instagram and he shipped it to me for free etc.
It is the Donic Original true carbon blade and 2 fast donic rubbers. It became my favorite blade right away. Easy to control and fast etc.
Anyway, I think it was boosted as effect went down pretty fast. Maybe in 2-3 months time.
I played with it for 1 extra month and then decided to change the rubbers(to fastarc G1).
When I took the rubbers off I noticed something:
The layer of glue was very very thin.

For sure it wasn't the 2-3 layered glueing like many others do. Just 1. and very thin.

Makes me wonder.
Did he only speed glue it and nothing else?

Why are we gluing several layers? is this even needed?
Im a bit confused about all this.
Any input would be appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I think its a preference thing rather than speed glue. Ive tried the multiply layer thing and tbh much prefer just one layer on the blade and one on the rubber.

You have to remember too - hes changing rubbers very often - so it doesn't need to be fixed for months. Probably just uses a thin layer as it will be only on a week or so.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I think its a preference thing rather than speed glue. Ive tried the multiply layer thing and tbh much prefer just one layer on the blade and one on the rubber.

You have to remember too - hes changing rubbers very often - so it doesn't need to be fixed for months. Probably just uses a thin layer as it will be only on a week of so.
interesting. ill try just 1 layer onwards as well.
also the rubber was flat like a pancake..... maybe he didnt even speed glue it?

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So some time ago Anders Lind the Danish player won his first pro tournament in 2023. To celebrate he was doing a give away of his blade. To compete one would just need to put a comment under his YT video.
I didnt even know there was a competition but commented asking what kind of equipment he used. He decided I would win his racket.
First I thought it was a joke. But no it was him. So we talked on instagram and he shipped it to me for free etc.
It is the Donic Original true carbon blade and 2 fast donic rubbers. It became my favorite blade right away. Easy to control and fast etc.
Anyway, I think it was boosted as effect went down pretty fast. Maybe in 2-3 months time.
I played with it for 1 extra month and then decided to change the rubbers(to fastarc G1).

For sure it wasn't the 2-3 layered glueing like many others do. Just 1. and very thin.

Makes me wonder.

Why don't you ask Anders Lind himself? I think he is a nice fellow that would be very happy to ask any of these questions. The problem is that he probably does not know about the equipment as much as many of the tt nerds here.

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng and jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

Makes me wonder.

Is he still using the original true carbon? The Ovtcharov True Carbon was my favorite. It is just as good as a TImo Boll alc or Viscaria

interesting. ill try just 1 layer onwards as well.
also the rubber was flat like a pancake..... maybe he didnt even speed glue it?
On the blade (always lacquered) I use 1 layer, but some sponges are absorbing the glue so be a little careful about this.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Why don't you ask Anders Lind himself? I think he is a nice fellow that would be very happy to ask any of these questions. The problem is that he probably does not know about the equipment as much as many of the tt nerds here.
I deleted my instagram recently :)
I dont do social media really. only set it up to communicate with him at that time.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Yeah hes super nice - at the Manchester feeder he was the pro that spend the most time in the fanzone, playing against people, using the VR headsets and chatting to anybody who approached him. Always look out for his results now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Yeah hes super nice - at the Manchester feeder he was the pro that spend the most time in the fanzone, playing against people, using the VR headsets and chatting to anybody who approached him. Always look out for his results now
yes he seemed nice when I communicated with him. Very down to earth and friendly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
how do you know it is only 1 layer?
thin glue could be 2 to 3 layers and look thinner than a thicker glue layer for example.

1 layer bond isn't really strong enough in my books.
Every one has different preferences, and it all lies in the feel of the layer between the wood and rubber, can think of it as a plastic layer that can act like a spring,

I'm not that level, but a former world champ bronze men's double player turned coach could feel the glue is old (need to reglue) way earlier than I can for example. Basically the bounce of the sponge is no longer "lively"
So for these pros, glue layers is really very important and many players have they own gluing preferences - some times depending on environment conditions too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
how do you know it is only 1 layer?
thin glue could be 2 to 3 layers and look thinner than a thicker glue layer for example.

1 layer bond isn't really strong enough in my books.
Every one has different preferences, and it all lies in the feel of the layer between the wood and rubber, can think of it as a plastic layer that can act like a spring,

I'm not that level, but a former world champ bronze men's double player turned coach could feel the glue is old (need to reglue) way earlier than I can for example. Basically the bounce of the sponge is no longer "lively"
So for these pros, glue layers is really very important and many players have they own gluing preferences - some times depending on environment conditions too.
true I dont really know if its 1 layer or not. I just never seen that thin a layer of glue before on a rubber. It played really well btw.
But I doubt I am able to feel a difference between 1 or 3 layers like the Pro's are.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
2-3 months is normal ESN factory boosting.

And more than one layer of glue is either shitty glue or superstition! ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
There is so much misinformation on gluing. One layer is all you need if you are using quality glue. People are also confusing rubber cement with speed glue. Rubber cement does contain VOCs and was the table tennis glue most people used before water based glues became a thing but speed glue is a different animal. Speed glue is worse than rubber cement when it comes to VOCs. It has way more of the nasty stuff which is why it affects the sponge so much.

Reactions: vanjr and kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
There is so much misinformation on gluing. One layer is all you need if you are using quality glue. People are also confusing rubber cement with speed glue. Rubber cement does contain VOCs and was the table tennis glue most people used before water based glues became a thing but speed glue is a different animal. Speed glue is worse than rubber cement when it comes to VOCs. It has way more of the nasty stuff which is why it affects the sponge so much.
It would be amazing if someone who has been in this game for a long time did a extensive post on the different glues. All of them.