Ask Kristian Karlsson a question!

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello Kristian, being a left handed player I want to ask you what is your normal serve and open strategy against a right handed player and also against a left handed player. I mean where will serve and where should you open the third ball.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
You have by far the best backhand in the swedish national team, so my question is, do you just have an extra talented backhand or have you been practising it more than for example Jens?

Tricky Question, i'd say i've put more emphasis on it then many other players yet, but that was because my backhand was a big flaw in my game when I was a youngster. So i decided to work on my flaw and evantually it became a weapon. Other players maybe tries to design their game to avoid their flaws. That's My guess :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Ahh, as a player who also has problems with forehand (though I'm sure that your Forehand was 100000 times better than mine even when you say that it was bad earlier) ,my main problem is that I have developed a bad habit of changing the grip to a more "serve like" grip while going in for the short game because my wrist is more free but it causes serious problems when I have to quickly do a FH topspin as my grip won't be proper at all. Most of my points are lost because of this. I'm trying to change this but it seems so difficult. I'm using very forgiving rubbers (Mark V) so should I change to something stricter like Hurricane. Honestly, my forehand is less than half as skilled as the other aspects of my game and it is costing me dearly.

Or do you have any tips that can help me when I am practicing?

I change my grip slightly when i change from FH to BH and most players do. If you want to improve your Forehand i can only give you one advice im afraid, Prac
tice. If you trust your racket then it'll reward you for doing so :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hi Kristian, I saw your match against Samsonov on youtube yesterday , and let me tell I was amazed by your level of playing.I had never seen you playing before and from now and on you are my favourite european player.I think if you mantain this level you could be on the top 10 very soon , what do you think?

Hmm top 10 very soon might be abit optimistic :D But that's my long term goal so i aim for that!
Thanks alot!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hello Kristian, being a left handed player I want to ask you what is your normal serve and open strategy against a right handed player and also against a left handed player. I mean where will serve and where should you open the third ball.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Service and tactic depends on your strenghts and weaknesses, try to make your tactic work the way so you can utilize your weapons at the fullest!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hi Kristian, well done against Samsonov! Congrats!

Did you go into the game believing you could win?

How did you find the plastic ball at the world tour? Are you happy with it? Did any players backstage complain about the new plastic ball?

I've played close with him before so ofcourse i belived that i could win, i alse knew that it was going to be a difficult match because you know... it's samsonov on the other side of the table :) The plastic ball is actually quite similar to the old one, i didnt hear too much complains during the first world tour atleast :) Thanks for the support!

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
hey Kristian, I saw two matches of you against Ma Long and Xu Xin. You are playing a lot against european players too and you perform very well. What do you think is the biggest difference between chinese players in the super league and european players like you? We have to think about that people who never appear in international tournaments beet Ovtcharov and Timo Boll, what do you think about this?

Thanks man youre very kind ;)

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi Kristian, I know every opponent is different... but as a fellow lefty, what would you say is your most effective serve to a left hander and a right hander at key times in games...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hello Kristian, it's so nice to have you here.
I really like your style. How did you develop it? I mean you decided and developed the style yourself or you had a coach who did that? Or you mimic the style from an idol? I'm curious since your game doesn't look like other Europeans' game...
Do you have any significant weaknesses in your game? Or some specific areas of your game that you are working on to improve?

This user has no status.
Hi Kristan!

Welcome to the Forum. I saw ur performance against Samsonov last week. It looked like he had no chance. Youve got a very nice Backhand!

I was just Curious about what rubbers you are using at the moment. I believe you are using A Clipper CR with Calibra LT on both sides. Is that right?

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Read 2 reviews
You are stiga sponsored, so do you choose to play with stiga rubbers or do you really have no choice, i mean that stiga doesn´t let you play with for example butterfly?