Recent content by Denso

  1. Harimoto vs Ovtcharov blade

    I agree that the OALC feels closer to an outer carbon blade. In addition, in comparison with my HALC of the same weight, the OALC was substantially head-heavier (likely due to the increased thickness of 6.2 mm vs. 6.0 mm).
  2. Best BH rubber for Butterfly Viscaria ALC with Dignics 09C on FH?

    Yurifi, since I also use the HAL/D09c combination, I'm curious how the Rakza 7 Hard held up in comparison to D09c. Honeymoon phase over?
  3. Best shirts from amazon to play TT in?

    I prefer running shirts, such as the Nike Dri-Fit or Adidas Climacool series, especially for hot and humid conditions. BTW: I have 3 of the Adidas Workout Essentials base shorts, these are fantastic for TT, you can fit in 15 TT balls into both zipped pockets
  4. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    I think these statements hit the nail on the head. Very well put!
  5. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    That's definitely the case. Last season I played a league higher (as an underdog), and it clearly helped to have no expectations.
  6. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    Yeah, I'll try to expand my routine between the points - good advice! Energy drinks don't work with me, together with adrenaline they rather make me overly nervous. It's also not in my nature and feels awkward to "tchoo" points - whether lucky or unlucky. Nevertheless, this may be a good vent...
  7. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    Thank you. I appreciate your tips @NextLevel . Unfortunately, there's no recording of the match On the topic of mindfulness in table tennis, I also stumbled upon the following recent article: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/41721510/ Interesting read...
  8. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    It's not so much that "I'm consumed with my self-image". It's rather the fact that, even as an ambitious amateur player, it is simply frustrating to invest so much time on training and physical development and then fail to reap the rewards of success due to your reaction to chance incidents...
  9. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    I understand that. The problem is that if you're frustrated, your play deteriorates. I would like to learn to avoid being frustrated due to circumstances out of my control in the first place.
  10. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    I fully agree. Thank you! I guess that one of the fascinating aspects of table tennis is that there are still lessons to be learned even at an "older" age. So don't give up and best of luck to you, too!
  11. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    Last week, I had an extremely frustrating game against a lower-rated player (-200 TTR). In the first set, he won 11:9 with two edge balls and two nets. In the second set, he got 5 (!) edge balls, the last one in the game point to 12:10. That's where I snapped and almost threw away my racket in...
  12. Alternative to Dignics 09C

    IMO there is no alternative on the market which combines the spin capability, feel, throw angle and durability of D09c. LAC, H8-80 and similar have a significantly lower throw angle G09c is substantially slower and less dangerous ESN hybrids such as K3, Bluegrip C2, and V<sticky intially...
  13. Past Innerforce users - what did you move to and why?

    If you only knew :-) , I have tried a bunch of different rubbers, but always came back to the D09c because I love its hardness, the balance of catapult and stickiness and its durability. I have tried a number of Hybrids (V>15 Sticky, K3, MK, G09c etc.) and stickier Chinese alternatives (Battle...
  14. Past Innerforce users - what did you move to and why?

    I played a Harimoto ALC with D09c on FH and BH for a few years before moving to the Hugo HAL. I made the switch because I was a bit unsatisfied with the somewhat non-linear response and the high throw angle of the Harimoto/D09c combination. For me, the HAL/D09c combo solved these issues...
  15. Nittaku Hurricane 8-80 Power Review: Not What I Expected

    Thanks for the tips. I'm still in the recovery phase, so no videos anytime soon. :-( I already played the LAC for some time, but did not like it too much. Besides, I'd like to avoid boosting. I suspect that going the tensor route might be the way to go. As far as technique is concerned...
Top