Recent content by SDC

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Nope. I'm trying to reduce the number of fabrics I work with, not come up with more stuff to make my life harder 😅
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, in common language is Bull***t, but here, for copyright reasons, it's my name for big B's Blue-Stuff 😅
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1485 - 5+2 Inner - OFF-/OFF And this is the second blade, the one that was meant for the customer. It's based on a Harimoto, so it still has the slightly larger head size, but with a marginally smaller handle, Vis shaped but thinner. - Limba / Ayous / B-S / Ayous core - 88.4g - 6.0mm -...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1484 - 5+2 Inner - ALL+/OFF- Today we have a double post because these blades are bonded by birth. We also have a bit of a rant, sorry about that 😅. At this point you already know I have a long waiting list for custom orders, and if after one year or more of waiting, you still wish to...
  5. Fish scale. How much would be the price of this blade?

    I don't think it's cutting corners, it's just part of mass making, I don't know how other companies do it. They could be sending those middle blades to the Viscaria pile and the top ones to the TB ALC pile for example, that I don't know...
  6. Fish scale. How much would be the price of this blade?

    I think you can apply that logic to many things in life, there's even a saying, right? "Don't judge a book by the cover". You can judge the cover, in this case the top ply, there are visual cues that tell you if it's a denser Koto or not, but that doesn't tell you much about how the blade...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1483 - Outer A-C - OFF You don't have a lot of outer fibers blades on the market with an Ayous core, and the reason is very simple, Ayous is denser than Kiri, which means it's harder too. With the composite already so close to the surface, adding something harder underneath, may make the...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    @wiktor145 already pointed you the right direction 🙂.
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's about 0.8mm thick, so within the parameters for this type of blade. Keep in mind that the original may also vary a bit, the blades are made to spec and that is one of the things they "play" with. In this case, the Ayous intermediate layer is a bit darker, and the top ply is light, so it...
  10. Fish scale. How much would be the price of this blade?

    A member asked my opinion on this, so that's why I'm here. I think that Wakkibatty said pretty much everything, but let me add a few points. - First off, there's no spec other than the fact that the top ply is Koto, that's the spec. Koto, like all woods, varies greatly in properties, stiffness...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1482 - Inner A-C - OFF-/OFF N301 style blade, so basically a W968 with a Koto top ply, which doesn't really translate well in the photo, but it's super fish scaly in this one. Slightly crisper than its Limba counter part, it feels soft and kinda slow on passive shots, until you whack the ball...
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Hard to kill something that's already dead, but you are totally right 😂
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1453 - 7 Wood - ALL+/OFF- All the layers in this blade were "cooked" before gluing, it's a fully thermo treated blade, which I believe I've never seen before, but to be honest, I don't think I will make again. I've spoken about thermo treated wood before, but let me do a quick summary. When...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Finally! I was starting to think that no one had noticed 😂
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    #1424 - Outer B-S - OFF-/OFF There's nothing too special going on with this blade, I always say that wood density means more than wood species, and this is just an example of it. In terms of structure, it's just another Vis style composition, but I used really low density Koto outer veneers...
Top