Recent content by Yuomay

  1. When should I back away from the table?

    In reality you need to back off before you know if your opponent is going to play an offensive shot, because if you are close to the table you won't have time to adjust after the bounce of a deep offensive shot. (Or even a fast long push) Another reason you hear often, if the ball lands short...
  2. Tips and Vlog videos

    Yea great content, thanks for sharing!
  3. So I just got a gift - a Timo Ball ALC blade. what rubbers should I get? (for Control)

    Synergy between rubber and blade is a thing though especially for such different blades
  4. Donic Anders lind hexacarbon with bluegrip j1

    Short strokes need better timing and a good amount of trampoline. Professional players in this category play Z03 or D05 (dont know for other brands)
  5. How do you handle emotions during a game?

    Yeah super frustrating to lose like that. I’d probably try to vent. If im playing well I can laugh it off. If im playing poorly I complain out loud or grunt in frustration. It doesn’t help though
  6. How to play deciding game

    My bullet points for deciders À decider is a chance to win the match!! Keeping lucidity to stay unpredictable. Execute simple patterns placement and spin over speed Keep serves low before anything else. Take your chances Have fun If im nervous I serve backspin so I know what ball I get back
  7. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    I struggle with similar issues as you do, even though my game is based on spin rather than power. My coach suggested Desto F1/F2 to slow down the setup while maintaining high spin characteristics. Additional advantage is that it is lighter than fast arcs for example.
  8. How do you pick up (collect) balls from the floor?

    I do a squat with jump for every ball I pickup. Need to work those legs
  9. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    That is a crazy amount of dedication, amazing ! must also present quite the bill. Out of my 20-ish weekends where I play competetively I would be able to do this once or so haha. Time, money and accessibility to a trainer, massages or even just a table to do a warm-up is not always available.
  10. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    he should definitely document his method. Back on topic, form is such an elusive topic. The main factors that seem to influence it for me are, sleep, stress and alcohol. Decreasing the difference between in form or out of form would be consistency training and doing a solid warm-up
  11. Everything about Receiving - Share your Tips and Tricks

    I know two excersises with focus on receiving. It’s always complicated. 1st one chose a service for example pendulum topspin half long. Select 3 receives, for example, pivot; flick and strawberry push. You’re not allowed to use one more than twice in a row. 2nd one Server selects a serve...
  12. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    It doesn’t really matter, the moment you rely on measurement for this type of binary decisions. There’s going to be a threshold in or out. Like offside in football.
  13. Andro NUZN 48 Review: Faster and More Dynamic Than NUZN 45, But Still Controllable

    So I tried the NUZN 48 on my forehand on an outer force ALC. might be due to playing conditions 35 ish degrees in the hall but I had an insane amount of slipping.
  14. Is table tennis THE hardest sport to go professional in?

    What about officials in associations / federation. Employees at table tennis brands Employees at table tennis stores
  15. Is table tennis THE hardest sport to go professional in?

    I know that for example in France a normal club with say 200 adherents is able to pay a trainer full time. At our club (100 players) À player playing in the 5th division could ask for about 200€ a month depending on his or her implication in the club. So if he would combine that with...
Top