Hugo HAL vs FZD ALC

says anybody seen my backhand?
says anybody seen my backhand?
Member
Oct 2023
425
286
1,027
Read 2 reviews
no, completely different.

also, speed difference.

I mean, these are two completely different blades … different feel, different speed. HAL is also quite picky in regards to rubbers - in my experience it works well only with 50+ ESN hardness rubbers. FZD/Viscaria (same blade, handle is different) works well with wider range of rubbers (I tried 45 to Dignics09c and it played well throughout). HAL became super trampolinish with softer rubber.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Mar 2025
360
537
979
no, completely different.

also, speed difference.

I mean, these are two completely different blades … different feel, different speed. HAL is also quite picky in regards to rubbers - in my experience it works well only with 50+ ESN hardness rubbers. FZD/Viscaria (same blade, handle is different) works well with wider range of rubbers (I tried 45 to Dignics09c and it played well throughout). HAL became super trampolinish with softer rubber.
so in your experience, which one is faster and more stable during topspin rallies?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2021
343
284
770
ALCs are stiffer. The HAL feels softer. Both are stable enough during topspin rallies.
Personally I really like the feeling that HAL gives but I play with an ALC because it is less head heavy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kindof99
Top