Viewership numbers

says I'm still learning Table Tennis (and regret 😭)
says I'm still learning Table Tennis (and regret 😭)
Member
Nov 2022
485
462
1,562
Read 1 reviews

This video shows why table tennis is a far superior sport to pickleball. Sure a few of the facts might be a little off.

Pickleball is just another hype sport like spike ball, speedminton etc. Everyone jumps on it for a while, then forgets it exists.

While it’s still trending, brands are milking pickleball for every dollar they can. Suddenly there's "pro-level" paddles, "performance" shoes, and all kinds of overpriced gear. People eat it up without realizing they have turned into free marketing for a fad sport.

Those brands and capitalists really knew how to play the game.. make up something, call it "the next big sport," and let social media do the rest. Genius way to fool people and make money off a stupid idea. 😂

Sadly some of this is true for other sports too even TT isn't totally innocent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: piligrim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2025
129
131
454
Until the wifes reads the “how many racket you got” thread.

Back to serious note.
Pickleball is a family sport it seems. Many partners/spouses seen to go play together
So it's ourselves to be blamed if we couldn't get our spouses to play table tennis.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2025
129
131
454
Pickleball is so dangerous 🤕


Over $350,000,000 in medical costs from pickleball injuries? No thanks, I’ll play ping pong and keep my eyes 😂
professional goggles on the way. just more equipment sells. In a few years, there will be tacky vs non-tacky goggles lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Kopp and golden_son
says I occasionally post a piece on my wacky blog...
says I occasionally post a piece on my wacky blog...
New Member
Jul 2026
1
0
1

A Tough Dill to Swallow, or Not my Bread and Butter, or The No ‘Cukes’ Movement​


I’m a bit of an Audiofool, but I can confuse artists with their work. I thought for example Joni Mitchell wrote Pave Paradise put up a Pickleball Court. I know she did do Court and Spark, and you know the sparks have been flying around the ever increasing specialized courts. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got buds that handle two different size bats. I’ve been tempted, but the odometer has turned over on my original knees, and I think I won’t accelerate their demise, and just stick to the little white ball.
NIMBY, an acrimonious acronym.
In my local travels I’ve seen six or eight lighted courts nestled right up to a suburban backyard. Possibly open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. That’s like a half-dozen Grandfather clock-sized metronomes providing the ‘round the clock tick-tock. Superimposed on the sine waves of smack are often not so nimble newbies blurting out the wrong score, or expressing their agony from a sprain or break…or maybe even a Picklebrawl! To add insult to injury, the adjacent middle class homeowners with cracks in their patio do not relish giving their hard earned tax dollars to pay for all these plots with outdoor kitchens.
Tennis court transitions have proliferated. We had the condominium conversion crave here in the eighties and that didn’t end well. Now how will these condiment themed conversions do in the long run. One man’s opinion was that we were on the backside of the boom. Although Mark Cuban said future unneeded data centers could be Pickleball sites. How about for the time being, that the two facilities team up and coexist side by side, a little din-din so to speak. Two evil twins in some people’s eyes. A noise cancellation subculture. You can have Tick-tock outside, and Tik Tok flowing through the veins of the data center inside.
The ‘White Noise’ coming from home owners has prompted some bans on courts and the use of quieter bats and balls along with screens. But, people unable to tolerate the racket have sold their homes and moved to quieter locales, pretty wild eh.
Ah, I don’t believe Table Tennis has ever created such a stir.
Comments are welcome, and I’d like to know where you are writing from.
KR
 
Top