Why some players change to Viscaria super alc?

ZSQ

says I’m a table tennis enthusiast from China, and I hope to...

ZSQ

says I’m a table tennis enthusiast from China, and I hope to...
Member
Sep 2026
36
53
103
I think that the Viscaria Super ALC is easier to control than the Lin Yun-Ju Super ALC. And the Viscaria Super ALC can provide more power than the FZD ALC.

It is understandable that professional players look for a setup that suits them better in order to make a breakthrough in their results.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Nov 2025
224
336
968
LYJ said in an interview he moved from the SZLC to the SALC because he has been working on his fitness and feels he doesn't need the SZLC to help with generating power anymore.

As for some others only they could say exactly why. Perhaps they feel the extra power is a worthwhile trade, or they just wanted to try something out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: arashfarshadi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Active Member
Dec 2018
946
1,418
3,595
Read 1 reviews
It's faster than Viscaria with a flatter trajectory so the ball tends to land deeper on the table. Really nice feel, similar to Viscaria.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Moderator
Oct 2014
20,847
27,591
73,576
Read 17 reviews
lin yun ju, patrick franziska, wang manyu(Of course he turned back to fan zhendong alc)
The plastic ball is really hard to make go fast, so the fastest blade/rubber you can reasonably control is important. Viscaria SALC plays reasonably close to Viscaria but with more speed. The reasonably close means that the adjustment is relatively small, but when you use rubbers that don't release the ball fast like Dignics series, it is helpful.
 
Top