Search results

  1. Zhang Jike: "Those who rely primarily on a Backhand system, can not reach the top"

    If we're talking about Saive as a strong FH player with weak BH, we should bring up Gatien, who was just one (one-sided) olympic match away from the grand slam. He's a better example with an uncontroversial record and a FH player like they don't and cannot exist at the very top anymore. Not...
  2. ITTF Men's and Women's World Cup Macao 2025, 4/14-20

    But visible for a split second upon contact vs invisible throughout is impossible to judge in practice without equipment and makes no actual difference to the current abuse. It doesn't enforce the spirit of the rule any further, it just allows people who hide their serves to carry on doing it...
  3. Finally grasped the essence of table tennis biomechanical principle Chinese style! (Chain reaction of power from the ground) (UPDATED AGAIN)

    I think it's just been popularised by some YouTube video titled this way. It may be more formalised now, but the physics / biomechanics of it were always there. Weight transfer by itself isn't even really a means to an end, it's mainly a byproduct of hitting through the ball efficiently. The...
  4. Yasaka Falck Carbon and W7 Blades Review

    It's actually Falck W7, not Falk W7. May as well spell your new blade's name correctly. ;)
  5. How is this coach salary - England?

    The application form mentions the job being located in the Elite Training Centre, which seems to be based in Sheffield. This wage in Sheffield may be more reasonable than in London. Application form Article mentioning the Elite training centre in Sheffield...
  6. Sanwei 54 ALC - what wood is this?

    I can't find any reference to a Sanwei 54 ALC but your picture does look like limba. @Andrea Jiang is the Sanwei representative on the forum, she may be able to confirm model and composition.
  7. Since when did Kallberg change his name to Shallberry?

    I said German "j" as in "ja" just to differentiate from the English "y" as the terminal "y" in English has its own pronunciation. In phonetics, I think this is also denoted j. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiced_palatal_approximant It's unusual because in English this sound is always either...
  8. Since when did Kallberg change his name to Shallberry?

    Is it pronounced like Shellberj then (with a German "j")? With a very soft j, as opposed to the very long and emphasised y you would get in Shellberry. From a quick look up, we should pronounce Göteborg a bit like Yöteborj?
  9. WTT 2024 vs 2025

    As poppa mentioned, the Lebruns have developed in Montpellier, outside of the Insep system located in Paris. I don't think he's had much to do with their results. It may have been Lebesson who benefited most from his time in the French staff. I'm not particularly well informed but I don't have...
  10. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    I only just realised that Zennihon is "全日本". It's true Odo reminds me of Hirano in that she has exceptional shot quality, though she's less speed based and her technique is closer to the men's game. I don't think I've ever seen such complete technique on both sides at and off the table, and in...
  11. WTT Contender Muscat 2024 28 Oct - 2 Nov

    China national championships are always a bit unusual on Olympic years. The main team is either skipping or still recovering from the event.
  12. Nittaku New Products 2024

    When I tried an Acoustic Carbon Inner LG handle a good few years ago, it was a very controlled carbon blade with good feeling and stability. I may have had an outlier, but it wasn't a very powerful blade, so different profile to the others you mentioned.
  13. Please give me advice on my table tennis posture.

    Not sure if the incoming ball has backspin (doesn't sound/look like from the slow mo, beyond the first ball), but you're jumping up when you don't need to, with your feet lifting off the ground on each stroke. You may have a more upward motion than necessary. Go forward more and you should save...
  14. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    @Tony's Table Tennis what kind of injuries does LYJ have? His wrist is often strapped.
  15. Felix Lebrun should play short pips on FH

    Do you mean in doubles, or when he played him in the World's final? Falck has never managed to beat Ma Long in singles.
  16. Mizuno Fortius Ft Ver.d Composition & Suggestions

    Do you happen to have played someone with a Fortius FT in a teams event a good few years ago ? I don't reckon there are many in the UK, so this may well have been me ! Something I forgot to mention is that FT stands for Fine Touch. There also used to be a non FT version that was thicker at...
  17. Mizuno Fortius Ft Ver.d Composition & Suggestions

    I've played with the FT for many years. It's a very stable blade, rather stiff, not particularly catapulty. It can do everything well, from blocking to looping to smashing and touch. For some references, it's stiffer than the regular Force Pro and less of a looper's blade. It's not as fast or...
  18. Mizuno Fortius Ft Ver.d Composition & Suggestions

    Spinfactory description is incorrect. It's hinoki on both the FT (and the FT Ver.D), and in fact the hinoki inner ply gives it a peculiar feeling amongst all the other seven-ply blades. You can look up images online, including the ones attached.
  19. Stiga new blades for 2021

    The video says it's inner, and also that it will cost 1300 RMB, rather than 300 RMB.
  20. Exciting news from Xiom

    Hi yogi, could you expand on this, or is it one of the pieces of information that you can't detail?
Top