Search results

  1. Blade recommendation for off- to low off carbon blades in penhold

    You are judging my ability with your sample of one blade. I never claimed the ALC was too thin, ALC is always the same thickness, I don't even now where you are getting that. On your blade I didn't claim the core was too thin, I said it was too heavy which limited the amount of resin in the...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm not gonna argue how this shape will give you a bigger sweetspot or whatever... Honestly, I just wanted to make a defensive blade in the shape of a shield. When I think of a shield, the Knights Templar come to mind, hence the whole theme. The thick Mahogany outer layers make this blade...
  3. Blade recommendation for off- to low off carbon blades in penhold

    I told myself I would give up, but a lot of people read the threads and I would really like to stop perpetuating myths (at the risk of sounding like another forum member 😅). You keep on insisting on this, after I clearly told you, and presented proof, that the medial layer on Butterfly blades is...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one will be representing Portugal in the 2022 European Veterans Championships, to be held in Italy next month. - Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba - 90.0g - 6.0mm - 1270Hz - Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Just to be clear, the 💩 part was an exaggeration and an inside joke. It's not the fact that the blade plays badly, he has a very uncommon style and not every blade will suit him. He tried a lot of blades lately and didn't found one he would like. The comment he made was that the blade felt kind...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was a custom order for a anti/SP player. We took a risk on the composition and unfortunately it played like a 💩, but damn it was pretty... - Limba / Blue Fig / Ebony / Ayous / Ebony / Blue Fig / Limba - 92.2g - 5.95mm - 1290Hz - Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)
  7. Is blade weight correlated to speed and different feeling (hard, soft- stiff-flexy)

    Yes, the weight of the blade affects its performance and feeling. However, people assume a heavier blade will be faster, which is not necessarily true. Wood is not a homogeneous material, there are big variations in density within the same species, and generally speaking density is directly...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    The wood I used for the bottom of the handle was purple heart. The rest of the handle is Spanish Cedar, which is not a cedar at all, but it's known for its distinctive odor. I said "maybe" but I knew exactly what it was [emoji6] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    No bells and whistles, just a reliable 7 ply blade with a nice and soft feeling, and a chunky ST handle. Available FS. - Limba / Limba / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Limba / Limba - 86.0g - 6.2mm - 157x150mm - ST (100x28.5x24mm) - 1313Hz - Balance: 3.3cm (Med)
  10. FS: SDC Blades

    #60 sold
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Great! Maybe it's the Cedar on the handle? 🤔
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    "Valkyrie". Two custom blades based on the W968. - Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Limba - 88.3 and 88.1g - 6.0mm - 1313Hz - Balance: 3.0cm (Med)
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Not really, but it's a very general question. It depends on some variables, mainly the composition and the type of handle. Obviously a basic 5 ply with a plain wood handle doesn't take as long as a composite blade with a complex handle. Usually the materials are almost ready to use, but every...
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Kind of... It's similar to one that I've already posted, but this one was faster. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Fast, low throw, compact feeling and head size. Available FS. - Limba / A-C / Limba / WRC / Limba / A-C / Limba - 86.8g - 5.9mm - 155x150mm - ST (102x28.5x23mm) - 1464Hz - Balance: 3.9cm (High)
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order asymmetric blade. - Smoked Eucalyptus / Ayous / TC90 / Ayous / Ayous / SZLC / limba - 86.2g - 5.75mm - 1442Hz - Balance: 2.4cm (Low)
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom order - Poplar / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Poplar - 88g - 5.8mm - 1230Hz - Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)
  18. Stiga Cybershape

    How dare you?! Exposing facts and numbers instead of personal observations. Blasphemy! Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Wow that's a big S! 😁 The blade is based on a Ovtcharov ALC, inner fiber with a bigger head size and a thicker core. However, this is a very light specimen, which will of course compromise power, but at the same time makes it very nimble for close to the table play. - Limba / Ayous / ALC /...
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Well, it is a defensive blade... Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Top