Search results

  1. Donic Waldner Senso Carbon replacement?

    First, it's a fact that Diablo is discontinued. Second, there are 2 types of Diablo: 1. The original Diablo is 3+2 (I own this). The intermediate ply between core and top-ply is fibreglass. 2. Many years ago, when I browsed through Donic catalog, Diablo was listed as 5+2. I don't know why...
  2. An Jaehyun back to W968

    Very very good arguments above from few forum members, which I appreciate. In the past, I like Tibhar Samsonov Alpha, and many people praised that blade. telling how that blade suited Samsonov's Tai-chi style of play, until many years later it was revealed that he was using Mazunov and not...
  3. Stable All+/Off- setup

    Looking at your set-up (Alpha SGS), I would prefer your set up compared to Waldner Senso Carbon. WSC is more flexible than Alpha SGS, therefore Alpha SGS is easier for blocking / flat hit. If you can choose regular Alpha (non-SGS) it is even better, because it is a bit more "stable" /...
  4. An Jaehyun back to W968

    Should players ethically use the sponsor's equipment? I know in TT, many players use anything they like, while being sponsored by other brand. But if I own the brand, I felt cheated. In basket ball, let's say NBA, Michael Jordan really uses Nike. Even during Olympic, because the sponsor was...
  5. Finger placement penhold

    Even if you curl your fingers, there are 3 options: 1. Only middle finger touching the back of the blade. 2. Middle and ring finger touching the back of the blade. 3. Very rare --> middle, ring and pinky finger touching the back of the blade. Usually when you have 3 fingers touching the...
  6. Felix the champion

    Following my post above, this is my unverified thought about why there are more shakehanders in the CNT: 1. Shakehand is easier to learn. 2. CNT always try to find an edge to stay above other countries: for example, they have been using sticky rubbers (H3 and friends) while the rest of the...
  7. Felix the champion

    CNT used to "preserve" penhold players in their team (at least one or two players) but now (after Xu Xin retired) there is no penhold player in the CNT. Ironically, the best representative of penhold players now is a French (European). I am not saying penhold is better than shakehand or vice...
  8. How to navigate through Stigas line of 5-ply allwood blades?

    If you want to go Stiga route, then this is the "perfect" beginner blade (1st non-premade blade): Stiga Allround Evolution (Stiga AE) Why? Stiga Allround Classic used to be a great beginner blade. But in the 40+mm plastic ball era, it is too flexy, thus I opt for Stiga AE. How about Stiga...
  9. New serve rule 2.6. No hidden balls anymore.

    I think it's not only the rule that can enforce clean visible serve. The most important thing is the position of the umpire. From the side of the table, umpire certainly can see the ball being struck (and if ball is tossed toward the body, he/she can't really see). Ask the umpire to...
  10. Innerforce zlc vs apolonia zlc?

    Long time ago, when presented with both blades, I opted for Apolonia ZLC. I checked the weight, composition, thickness, the bounce of ball on bare blades, and concluded that they are very similar. So I chose Apolonia ZLC based on: 1. Visual attractiveness. Personally I am afraid yellow...
  11. Now this is what I called Effective Marketing!

    I always wonder if JO Waldner is indeed using Waldner Senso Carbon (WSC). The reason is that Donic Dicon, (or Donic Waldher Offensive Limited 2016) is faster than WSC. This is based on several copies of both blades that I own. So I am confused as to why he downgraded into slower blade...
  12. Now this is what I called Effective Marketing!

    Is Donic the market leader in Malaysia? I saw quite extensive marketing from PJ Union (or something like that, sorry for the mistake). It seems that majority of their National players are using Donic products.
  13. New Xiom blades?

    I used to be an EJ and kept up with all the newest blades introduced by many brands. Now I don't EJ anymore, but based on my previous experience with Xiom, they are the fastest brand to discontinue their products. At least in the first 2-3 years of their existence. I miss their Aria, Jazz...
  14. Wang Chuqin loses to 14 year old!

    Response #69 !!! In the other forum, after the first post announcing the defeat of WCQ by 14-year old boy, usually this would be response #2. Nothing else matters. At least this forum is not equipment centric..... well, not yet....... 🤣 🤪
  15. Wang Chuqin loses to 14 year old!

    I think WCQ needs to participate in the thread "Why do I suck at Table Tennis" in this forum.
  16. Beginner blade and rubbers

    I am not sure how small the hands that you refer to. For Yasaka Sweden Extra FL (flared) handle, it is good for medium size hand (not sure for small hand). For larger hand, it is definitely small. But for Sweden Extra ST (straight) handle, it is big and square, fitting for bigger hand. For...
  17. DOWNFALL OF TABLE TENNIS, WHILE PICKLEBALL IS GAINING POPULARITY STEADILY.

    Not to bash nor support the usage of pips for beginners here. I personally believe that beginners must start learning all strokes using double inverted rubbers and then after they learn the basic strokes (and quite proficient) then it's up to them to use whatever rubbers they want to use...
  18. Large Hands And Flared Handles

    Talking about big ST handle, the biggest that I have tried is Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition. And 2nd is Tibhar Stratus Carbon (which I think is supposed to be similar in size with Tibhar Power Wood).
  19. Beginner blade and rubbers

    Blades for beginners: A. limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba composition --> 1. Butterfly Primorac Off- (Japanese version and European verson as well). 2. Gewo Zoom Pro Off- (this is "Primorac" clone), even the look is quite similar. But at a fraction of price. 3. Donic Waldner Senso v1...
  20. Is butterfly overpriced

    @K.K I was wondering for quite a long time, which German TT brand is the most popular in Germany (at least in the top-3)? a. Donic b. Tibhar (Tibhar was huge in France 5 - 10 years back, I am not sure now). c. Andro d. Joola (I believe they are not German company anymore, after being acquired...
Top