Search results

  1. Nittaku Violin vs Nittaku Violin Inner Carbon

    I definitely would not challenge that. Of course all wood blades should be good enough for next to everybody. There are so many different types of woods and ways to process wood to make it even harder that you probably can get a great variety of properties out of a blade consisting of different...
  2. Nittaku Violin vs Nittaku Violin Inner Carbon

    Thank you. I am enjoying it very much. Funny how old one needs to become to find new things that one enjoys. I do share your sentiment about about carbon blades. I was mainly checking reviews on many sites (revspin etc) and saw that the Violin Inner Carbon was rated higher in control than the...
  3. FH powerloop against underspin

    That is the main fallacy of the video. Saying "99% of Beginners do it wrong" while showing a technique that required pretty advanced spin, power and technique is a oxymoron. That is like saying "99% of beginner soccer players do it wrong" and a video showing that you should do a bicycle kick...
  4. Help me choose a robot.

    I own the Butterfly Amicus Expert robot and i can assure you that it will be plenty fast enough for you. You can change the speed up to 120 balls per minute, which makes it 2 balls per second. You will not be able to return those anyways and yes, you can program it to throw the first ball short...
  5. Nittaku Violin vs Nittaku Violin Inner Carbon

    Hi guys, as a very old table tennis beginner (>40 yo) i found it quite easy to learn the first habbit in table tennis that is being an EJ. Now i do have a fair share of blades that i already tested, but right now there is only the decision for me to decide to play one of two Nittaku blades. One...
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    i failed to find it when searching the play store as well, so i went for Stupa Analytics. Seems to have similar functionality, but i did not dive into it yet and i am only recording few matches, but i do record my training pretty often to see what needs to be changed still (stance and timing...
  7. Confident when training, but s**t when playing

    You are totally correct. I was just opposing to the thought that random drills trump controlled block training for beginners. The study that talked about two groups that learned a new skill seems to me like they want to convey that aquiring a totally new skill (like learning table tennis) would...
  8. Need Help for Blade Selection

    I read up on a few head sizes and then went to OSP blades' website where you can basically have them customize your own blade and choose a head size. If we were to believe their categories, the blade sizes are very very similar and probably not even noticable without having a head to head...
  9. Need Help for Blade Selection

    The head size was only smaller than the YSE head by a mm i think, so nothing really to worry about. I just measured both and they seemed alike. Even the handle was 99mm on both, so perhaps it is not that different after all. When i researched the Nittaku Violin the data i got from the net...
  10. New paddle suggestions

    1. It is a decent setup, but you are basically moving backwards with the blade (from a faster blade to a slower one with the YSE) and then you use faster Rubbers. If you think you have good control and just want to have something faster, i would suggest you stick with the blade and just try the...
  11. Need Help for Blade Selection

    If the price is not that important to you i think the Nittaku Acoustic or even the Violin could be a good match for you. I think they do come with a slightly smaller head though and yes the handles are probably (too?) small for some people. I got an regular handle Violin which is totally ok for...
  12. Confident when training, but s**t when playing

    Me being a total table tennis beginner I can only point out that random or match like practice is detrimental for beginners. This is basically how i started table tennis. Whatching a few guys playing and joining them. After 5 weeks I developed a technique that build on hitting the ball late...
Top